There are 194 users in the forums

Replacing the Strength and Conditioning Staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Can you give any more info on what exactly he does or have a link about what exactly he does,,any articles or papers by Gray....am curious on what basis he uses for Rxing athletes with injuries? What is his philosophy on wound healing of musculoskeletal injuries and so on? Why is his approach so different that a Michael Jordan would use him? Am really interested in reading about what exactly this entails. Thx.

https://youtu.be/EGHd33S9oTo

Here's a video of him talking about the hamstring and he even mentions how the hamstring actually functions different than what's in the book. This is important to understand because it applies to the rest of the body and changes the way you look at the role of any exercise.

Checkout his YouTube channel just search gray institute.

He has a website too just google search gray institute, there are articles on the site.

Don't be fooled the exercises look like prehab PT exercises but they are great for performance too. If I was competing on any level I would only do Grays exercises/stretches. I think a lot of traditional exercises actually increase the risk of injury and even decrease performance because it is counterintuitive to how the body actually works, even when performed properly.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Boldjames:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Can you give any more info on what exactly he does or have a link about what exactly he does,,any articles or papers by Gray....am curious on what basis he uses for Rxing athletes with injuries? What is his philosophy on wound healing of musculoskeletal injuries and so on? Why is his approach so different that a Michael Jordan would use him? Am really interested in reading about what exactly this entails. Thx.

Here's a video of him talking about the hamstring and he even mentions how the hamstring actually functions different than what's in the book. This is important to understand because it applies to the rest of the body and changes the way you look at the role of any exercise.

He has a website too just google search gray institute, there are articles on the site.

Don't be fooled the exercises look like prehab PT exercises but they are great for performance too. If I was competing on any level I would only do Grays exercises/stretches. I think a lot of traditional exercises actually increase the risk of injury and even decrease performance because it is counterintuitive to how the body actually works, even when performed properly.

I still don't know what the hamstring does, but unlike clicking on a Cone-Head article, I actually gained IQ points instead of losing some here.
Traditionally we think that the hamstring flexes the knee(think hamstring curl), but throughout the course of a football game, or any activity, how many times will the hamstring curl? The hamstring actually functions for the most part through decelerating the weight of the body when your foot hits the ground, it actually does not produce knee flexion, like most articles say(yes the hamstring curl activates the hamstring but so does walking), actually the hamstring prevents knee extension during walking.

The role of muscles is not to produce force by contracting muscle fibers, the role of muscles and the way they produce force is through deceleration. Think of how rubber bands produce force, they stretch and they rebound. The scientific term is eccentric force. Look at a baseball pitcher, when he brings his arm back(wind-up), he's putting his muscles(rubber bands) on a stretch, we call it eccentric loading, when he's ready to throw the muscles release like a rubber band and there is where the force comes from.

Another example is when you are running and walking. The foot and leg muscles do not push off the ground to propel you forward. The muscles decelerate the body weight when it hits the ground and the reaction force(think of the force of a ball when it bounces off the ground) propels the body forward. Walking and running is controlled falling remember?
Originally posted by Boldjames:

Thx for the link...interesting stuff.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
One different feature with the team's new training staff is how the players stretch and warm up prior to practice. In the past, all the players would line up together and go through the same routine. Now, the offensive linemen and defensive linemen are on one side going through one set of stretches, while the team's smaller players go through a different warmup regimen

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-camp-practice-1-nick-bosa-shows-well-against-joe-staley
Alright boys. Get to work.
Rub some dam robitussin on these injures and put em back in.

#ezFix
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Alright boys. Get to work.

Take Bosa and Verrett out of practice early, get some pre-cautionary MRI's and find out they're both ankle sprains.

Sounds like they passed the first test. Previous medical team probably would have left them in or not bothered with MRI's.
Can they start growing some senzu beans?
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Interested to see YoY stats (improvement or no)

If this new staff doesn't decrease significantly then that means levis field is cursed

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

#ezFix

I hurd NCommand recommends tigerbalm. for those injuries that need some extra juice.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

#ezFix

I hurd NCommand recommends tigerbalm. for those injuries that need some extra juice.

Doesn't drinking milk fix it?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Kudos to our new medical staff!

Shanahan also said Nick Bosa's ankle emerged from Sunday's game in pretty good shape. Other than Coleman and some dehydrated players, the 49ers escaped Tampa Bay without too many health concerns.
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/128096-49ers-tevin-coleman-week-to-week-high-ankle-sprain-says-shanahan/
Alright guys. I want answers other than "it's a part of the game"
'Tussin, Windex, Vicks vaporub, I don't give a fark what they use at this point. Get them boys healthy as quickly as possible!!!
Share 49ersWebzone