LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Nice early combine interview between Shanny and Mooch.

I'd like to sit down w/Malisa Stark too.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I like Kyle's new beard. Just need to be tougher looking with some snot on it

i like him clean shaven. They should have a team policy just like the new york yankees.

F**k that! I always found that stupid, let the players/coaches have their own style. So players with dreads would have to cut them off just like the Yankees want clean cut guys, so the players with long hair won't even try to sign here
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

With? She can sit on my..
Question

Who is a "better coach"
Talking play-calling mainly

Sean McVay Or Our very own Kyle?
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Question

Who is a "better coach"

Kyle hands down man he went to the SB!
Question

Who is a "better coach"

Boy tough question. I know Kyle has more experience than McVay. But I see McVay as a very good signal caller too. They are almost from the same mold.

I would have to watch the Rams more to give a better answer...
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Mar 9, 2018 at 12:20 PM ]
To me the "better coach" is clearly Kyle Shanahan because they are both called to be Head Coaches now.
Both are great offensive minds and excellent play callers. But now the challenge is which one is better adapting to the new responsibilities of being a total head coach and in that equation it is not even close no matter what last year's NFL awards say. Shanahan took a team looked at as last in talent outside of the Browns, a late start assembling a staff and preparing for the draft, first time GM and coordinators, instituted new systems on both sides of the ball, huge roster turnover, had zero QBs on the team, survived some of the worst QB play in the league, an 0-9 start and still held the team together, stuck to his plan, got guys to buy in, transformed an organization and culture and started the winning. There was no NY Giants style meltdowns. He never flinched. Guys wanted to play hard for him.
McVay inherited a talented roster, including the offensive player of the year, the defensive player of the year, a potential MVP player, a second year QB with potential , a GM already in place and a roster already pretty much set. And oh by the way his D coordinator is one of the most experienced and best in the league and took care of that entire side of the ball. So much so that McVay SAT DOWN during the defensive series and didn't even pay attention, allowing him to focus on the next offensive series. Then to end the season he made a series of questionable decisions that had his team flat footed and unprepared for the first round of the playoffs and they were overmatched and bounced early.

Better team at the moment is probably still the Rams. But better coach? No question its Kyle Shanahan.
Question

Who is a "better coach"

Looks like Kyle has a busy night tonight.
Dining with Sherman. That's nuts. I can't picture him with the 49ers

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninersrisin:
To me the "better coach" is clearly Kyle Shanahan because they are both called to be Head Coaches now.
Both are great offensive minds and excellent play callers. But now the challenge is which one is better adapting to the new responsibilities of being a total head coach and in that equation it is not even close no matter what last year's NFL awards say. Shanahan took a team looked at as last in talent outside of the Browns, a late start assembling a staff and preparing for the draft, first time GM and coordinators, instituted new systems on both sides of the ball, huge roster turnover, had zero QBs on the team, survived some of the worst QB play in the league, an 0-9 start and still held the team together, stuck to his plan, got guys to buy in, transformed an organization and culture and started the winning. There was no NY Giants style meltdowns. He never flinched. Guys wanted to play hard for him.
McVay inherited a talented roster, including the offensive player of the year, the defensive player of the year, a potential MVP player, a second year QB with potential , a GM already in place and a roster already pretty much set. And oh by the way his D coordinator is one of the most experienced and best in the league and took care of that entire side of the ball. So much so that McVay SAT DOWN during the defensive series and didn't even pay attention, allowing him to focus on the next offensive series. Then to end the season he made a series of questionable decisions that had his team flat footed and unprepared for the first round of the playoffs and they were overmatched and bounced early.

Better team at the moment is probably still the Rams. But better coach? No question its Kyle Shanahan.
Question

Who is a "better coach"

Well said! and I agree!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saniner:
Dining with Sherman. That's nuts. I can't picture him with the 49ers

I can't either. I don't like him as a person and as a character.
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:

Looks like Kyle has a busy night tonight.

Oh my
Isn't that tampering though?
Wait never mind lol
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Mar 9, 2018 at 9:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Isn't that tampering though?

He was released, so he's free to sign whenever he wants, just like Earl Mitchell and Williams last year.
Share 49ersWebzone