There are 282 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by saniner:
I can definitely see a huge roster overhaul coming up

What is there to overhaul? Thats one of the big attractions of taking over the 49ers. The roster has already been gutted.

Now all he has to do is acquire his pieces.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 6, 2017 at 5:03 PM ]
Originally posted by kem99:
Originally posted by communist:
He could also vote to keep a guy with a higher ceiling so he can develop him and not lose him
a coach that is afraid of losing his job won't do that. ok, let's say, the probability for doing that is lower than under normal circumstances.

He's got a 6 year contract that matches his GM's contract. Both know its a rebuild. I doubt he's going to be worried about job security until at least year 3 and that's only if things aren't going in the right direction. And, since Shanahan and Lynch are joined at the hip with 6 year deals, if the time arises where job security becomes an issue, they're probably both going to be worried about it, so you aren't really gaining anything by Lynch having control of the 53. You're also, most likely, wringing your hands over the bottom of the roster.

This. Every fan in here can guess the 53 man roster down to 95%. That would be no different between a HC and GM anyway so it's just semantics...AND only 46 play anyhow of which the HC controls anyway.
Welcome Coach Shanahan
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I don't wanna see all the bandwagoners showing up to Levi's now

They gonna show up in a couple of years.

Now, some of us took a little vacation because of the utter embarrassment during the past couple of seasons
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I can definitely see a huge roster overhaul coming up

What is there to overhaul? Thats one of the big attractions of taking over the 49ers. The roster has already been gutted.

Now all he has to do is acquire his pieces.

Lol true.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yessss!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
For those pointing out how we don't have Ryan/Jones/Freeman.

You're right, but Shanahan was a OC for 9 years. 6 of them he lead his team to a top-10 offense. He only spent 2 seasons in ATL.
Welcome Coach K.
  • Jason
  • Veteran
Best since Harbaugh! I think some of these jokers would be upset if we had a time machine and went back and got Walsh.

Let's get it!!!!
Levis will not be the soon to be finished M-B stadium but at least he is still going to a modern stadium. Maybe they can transfer the grass from the Georgia Dome and plant it at Levis.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Speak to us Shanny.
Bold Prediction

Shanny will end up being a more successful HC than Harbaugh
It's finally time to be excited to be a niner fan! Now let's get our QB coach were behind you 100℅!
Share 49ersWebzone