There are 251 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
To Trey, how about you focus less on social media and more on putting together a better week in practice than a 6th round pick from Louisiana Lafayette. If he was killing it in practice he would be seeing the field. Kyle has no bizarre axe to grind, he simply wants whoever gives the best chance to win out there. Right now that is not T. Sermon.

Couple this with Aiyouk and shanny having words and it seems like shanny is handling the rooks wrong. He's rubbing guys the wrong way. Whats it gonna take? A few other rooks bailing on this coach to prove to the FO that this team has serious head coaching issues?

Doesn't take much for a coach to lose a locker room. If that happens, its a whole new ballgame.

Sermon got beat out by a 6th round pick and a 2nd year UDFA. I don't know about blaming Shanahan for mistreating his rookies. I blame the talent evaluation of Shanny, Lynch and the scouts.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
If we are seriously ever moving on from this regime ( not for at least a couple of years imo)

Jed would need to fire everyone again, including Paraag.

Hire a legit GM and let him build it the way he sees fit. Done.

Jed's never firing Paraag. It sucks but that's reality.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
To Trey, how about you focus less on social media and more on putting together a better week in practice than a 6th round pick from Louisiana Lafayette. If he was killing it in practice he would be seeing the field. Kyle has no bizarre axe to grind, he simply wants whoever gives the best chance to win out there. Right now that is not T. Sermon.

Couple this with Aiyouk and shanny having words and it seems like shanny is handling the rooks wrong. He's rubbing guys the wrong way. Whats it gonna take? A few other rooks bailing on this coach to prove to the FO that this team has serious head coaching issues?

Doesn't take much for a coach to lose a locker room. If that happens, its a whole new ballgame.

Sermon got beat out by a 6th round pick and a 2nd year UDFA. I don't know about blaming Shanahan for mistreating his rookies. I blame the talent evaluation of Shanny, Lynch and the scouts.

If given the chance consistently Sermon would be good. Play the young kids you drafted Kyle it's that simple. Jen should make Kyle play the young rooks this week ALL OF THEM!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
If we are seriously ever moving on from this regime ( not for at least a couple of years imo)

I thought we had moved past the boogieman Praag takes. He is not the reason we are losing.
According to the game 95.7, sermon has removed the niners from all his social media. Feels like shanny is losing the locker room.

WTF?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by jcs:

I thought we had moved past the boogieman Praag takes. He is not the reason we are losing.

He's a part of the losing culture this team has had for nearly 20 years.
Originally posted by JAY52PWILLS:
If given the chance consistently Sermon would be good. Play the young kids you drafted Kyle it's that simple. Jen should make Kyle play the young rooks this week ALL OF THEM!

Nah if he wants to be on the field he should have to earn it in practice. Like the 6th round rookie and UDFA had to earn it. His draft position shouldn't mean he gets handed anything
Fire everyone and start over with Trey.
  • dj43
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

These are just a few things that I see that baffle me about Kyle's play calling. One of the things that made Walsh so great was his ability to adapt and change things up if it became necessary. Once in awhile he would do an entire series with no huddle. Sometimes he would run when the game seemed to call for passing. He would pull out a trick play and then file it away just to let teams know it was a possibility. Kyle needs to do some of this.

Good post.

Both of them were great play designers. The difference is that while Kyle depends on his designs to defeat any defense, Walsh continually switched things up so no one knew what was coming. OTOH, Kyle just says, "Here we come again. Try to stop us."
Originally posted by JAY52PWILLS:

Uhh the guy playing ahead of Sermon is a young kid...

• dj43
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Make Kyle the OC and hire a GM and HC.

I don't think he is a good OC. He is a good play designer, however, he does not appear to recognize the ebb and flow of the game and make good adjustments to it. Without that ability, he is just another guy at the greaseboard making squiggly lines.

I can't believe we've reached the point where I'm comparing Kyle Shanahan to Jeff Fisher. But 0:32 - 0:45 of the clip above sounds like Kyle/Trey Lance verbatim.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

These are just a few things that I see that baffle me about Kyle's play calling. One of the things that made Walsh so great was his ability to adapt and change things up if it became necessary. Once in awhile he would do an entire series with no huddle. Sometimes he would run when the game seemed to call for passing. He would pull out a trick play and then file it away just to let teams know it was a possibility. Kyle needs to do some of this.

Good post.

Both of them were great play designers. The difference is that while Kyle depends on his designs to defeat any defense, Walsh continually switched things up so no one knew what was coming. OTOH, Kyle just says, "Here we come again. Try to stop us."

Exactly. Kyle does as good a job of disguising his plays as anyone. He can make the same play look different 3 times in a row.. The problem is once the defense learns to ignore the deception and figures out that the plays are going to be similar no matter how much motion they use, they find ways to slow it down or stop it completely. I haven't seen them come out in the 2nd half with a different approach no matter what the score is. Kyle believes in the system and is reluctant to make changes whether it's the way they attack or the personnel they use.

I just went back and looked at the box scores for this season to refresh my memory and they've only had one game all year (Detroit) where they had a run of more than 2 consecutive scores against the other team. In that game they had a 31-10 halftime lead and then got outscored 23-10 in the second half. There just isn't any continuity with thus team.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Nov 8, 2021 at 10:53 AM ]
Oh Boy here is starts with Kyle.

Could have just left it at "we decided to leave Dre in". But Kyle decided to put the spot light on Ryans for the media.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 8, 2021 at 10:55 AM ]
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
According to the game 95.7, sermon has removed the niners from all his social media. Feels like shanny is losing the locker room.

WTF?
I think the rookie should fall in line and learn this year instead of doing stuff like this. On the other hand, running backs have a limited shelf life and sitting on the bench during your rookie contract isn't going to open any doors on a limited career. I don't know why he isn't getting more playtime (or even active on game days). Seems like Shanny abandoned the run too soon last week. Hell, Shanny would maybe have 2 superbowl wins if he wouldn't have abandoned the run and at least a half dozen more wins.
Share 49ersWebzone