• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
we DID win

you guys are crying about a moral loss i guess and then saying i dont care about wins?

Yeah I don't get it.

Its Week 1 and Campbell is exactly the kind of coach to jump all over another team before the league gets film on his tendencies.

Remember the Tomsula coached team smashing Minnesota in Week 1 and then getting smashed the rest of the season? Weird s**t always happens Week 1 and the 49ers got out of it with a W.

But it didn't seem like a "lack of film on him" problem today. They threw their playbook out the window when we had a huge lead and our defense caved. I'd put it more on Ryan's than Shannahan, but seems to be an alarming pattern.

Shannahan is the HC...everything is on him.

the botched onside kick and deebo fumble are on KS?

What a bad take. He's not playing the game but it is his team that botched a 38-10 lead because of mistakes that could have been prevented. He's also the HC his job is to veto anything that's failing and when his Rookie DC is crumbling he needs to be the one to fix it.

Players have to execute when you put them in right position. A lot of guys didn't.

Shanny had dudes wide open all game.
we DID win

you guys are crying about a moral loss i guess and then saying i dont care about wins?

Yeah I don't get it.

Its Week 1 and Campbell is exactly the kind of coach to jump all over another team before the league gets film on his tendencies.

Remember the Tomsula coached team smashing Minnesota in Week 1 and then getting smashed the rest of the season? Weird s**t always happens Week 1 and the 49ers got out of it with a W.

But it didn't seem like a "lack of film on him" problem today. They threw their playbook out the window when we had a huge lead and our defense caved. I'd put it more on Ryan's than Shannahan, but seems to be an alarming pattern.

What a bad take. He's not playing the game but it is his team that botched a 38-10 lead because of mistakes that could have been prevented. He's also the HC his job is to veto anything that's failing and when his Rookie DC is crumbling he needs to be the one to fix it.

they were mistakes because of execution mistakes not coaching decisions
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Players have to execute when you put them in right position. A lot of guys didn't.

Shanny had dudes wide open all game.

The Debo fumble really hurt.
we DID win

Yeah I don't get it.

they were mistakes because of execution mistakes not coaching decisions

Yeah.. players do have to execute but Shanny tends to get too cute at the wrong times.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Yeah.. players do have to execute but Shanny tends to get too cute at the wrong times.

He didnt today. Guys just didn't execute.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Bring back Tomsula and Kelly

Watching UCLA this season...maybe we didn't give Kelly enough of a chance? He was clearly handicapped here both with the lack of talent Baalke had set up for him and having a limited QB like Kap back there to run his offense.

Kyle's been fun but he's only had one winning season in 4 now going into his 5th year.

LOL

Come on man
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

Watching UCLA this season...maybe we didn't give Kelly enough of a chance? He was clearly handicapped here both with the lack of talent Baalke had set up for him and having a limited QB like Kap back there to run his offense.

Kyle's been fun but he's only had one winning season in 4 now going into his 5th year.

MISSED ONE: Chip Kelly over Cris Petersen

MISSED TWO: Kyle Shanahan over PJ FLECK
One issue is clear. In the history of football, the best way to protect a lead is to run the ball even when the defense expects the run. Shanahan's offense is not built on protecting leads but gaining yardage. So, he has fast, smaller backs. But RB dives with smaller RBs are more easily defeated by defenses expecting the run. This may help to explain why Kyle's teams have had trouble keeping leads.
Just needed to get this off my chest. I like to call every thread that is titled with a player, coach, gm name as The Bash_____(insert name) Thread. I see a lot of critism around the boards today after a win.

Originally posted by TheWooLick:

LOL

Come on man
This can't be real?!?

i saw kyle whisper to them to give the lions the ball back. classic kyle

It could have cost the game but you have to also look at that from the Detroit side. The defender made a good play by punching the ball out from behind. I don't think Deebo even knew he was there. Anyway he had 189 yards receiving with much of it coming after the catch. He mad a god play on that long touchdown. That could very easily have been intercepted if he hadn't come back for it a little like good receivers do.
IMO, in his after game presser, coach admitted that he got too conservative in pulling some starters after JV went down and then his team lost some momentum. I for one, admire his honesty. He himself did not fumble the ball on the onside kick or trying to get the first down late in the game that resulted in 2 quick TD's ,(with 2 point conversions). Yes he's the coach and gets the blame but for most of the game, AND i emphasize most of the game he had his team ready to play, made good play calls and we had some very explosive plays on O,which bodes well going forward. I am still hopeful that the defense will get substantially better with more full contact and experience with our new defensive coordinator, ( and he will learn as well). Go Niners
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

It could have cost the game but you have to also look at that from the Detroit side. The defender made a good play by punching the ball out from behind. I don't think Deebo even knew he was there. Anyway he had 189 yards receiving with much of it coming after the catch. He mad a god play on that long touchdown. That could very easily have been intercepted if he hadn't come back for it a little like good receivers do.
Agreed. The Detroit player did make a good play.
Share 49ersWebzone