LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• Giedi
  • Veteran
I hope Johns hall of fame magic dust goes to Kyle so he'll have a hall of fame career too. So far they have moved in lock step. Hope Kyle listens more to John in the future with regards to QBs.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I hope Johns hall of fame magic dust goes to Kyle so he'll have a hall of fame career too. So far they have moved in lock step. Hope Kyle listens more to John in the future with regards to QBs.

And undraftable guys.

Shiiiit looks like he threw Kyle under his HOF bus.

We had no QB in 2017... what Hoyer? Or *hoping* to trade for another teams starting f'n QB? Which rarely happens.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Feb 7, 2021 at 11:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Shiiiit looks like he threw Kyle under his HOF bus.

We had no QB in 2017... what Hoyer? Or *hoping* to trade for another teams starting f'n QB? Which rarely happens.

I don't see that as throwing him under the bus. He said "our" plan meaning they made the decision together.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
I don't see that as throwing him under the bus. He said "our" plan meaning they made the decision together.

He could have left Kyle out of it, and kept it about himself. There was no reason to give out extra info. And you know how Kyle is a hot head and takes s**t personal, so yeah... John knew what he was doing.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Feb 7, 2021 at 12:07 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

He could have left Kyle out of it, and kept it about himself. There was no reason to give out extra info. And you know how Kyle is a hot head and takes s**t personal, so yeah... John knew what he was doing.

John Lynch, future president of the United States.

This is for THL --> Politics, Politics, Politics.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Kyle seems to be very high on every qb out there.
Originally posted by susweel:

That depends on who you believe.

Maybe he's just high.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

They have to be pocket passers with premature quick releases.

• eman
  • Veteran
I love kyle and he is a genius ... but every now and then you need to save a Genius from himself!!

he needs to become more mature and be able to take input from others around him. I am glad they hit on George Kittle and brought in Sherm and juice, took us to Super Bowl and few minutes from clinching the trophy

But lets look at some of the major mistakes we made

1. disregarding QBs in 2017 draft waiting for Kirk cousins. We missed out on Watson and Mahomes

2. trading up into 3rd Rd in 2017 and taking CJ Beathard who was not supposed to be drafted until much later

3. Going against scouts and demanding to get RB joe Williams who was not even supposed to be drafted to be picked in 4th rd (remember report that lynch was afraid kyle would be mad if they didn't get him beathard and Williams)

4. Trading up in 2nd round to get Dante Pettis in 2018

5. going back to back WRs in 2019 and getting Jalen Hurd after getting deebo in 2nd ( forgetting offensive line and DBs which in 2021 would become our Achilles heel)

6. shelling out big money on Jerick McKinnon 4 years $30 million .. only because kyle thought he would be a system fit and competing with talent depleted jets who were willing to overspend on anyone desperate to get them to come to NY

7. Spending big $$ on Tevin Coleman

8. overspending on an athletic C which Kyle needs to run his offense (weston Richburg 5 years $47.5 ... someone who could never stay healthy with Giants and had to move from him!)

9. giving up Trent Brown for low 3rd rounder and spending #9 on Mcglinchey who was better system fit. I don't put this only on Shanahan .. we could have gotten more for Brown but they wanted to hide their intention and drafted mcglinchey first to prevent raiders from trading over us, which killed browns trade value (teams knew we would throw him out even for free at that time)

I know management is also to blame for shelling out big money on injury prone players like Richburg, Ford, Armstead, ward, kwon.. while letting go iron man Buckner

i just hope in 2021 draft and free agency kyle, lynch and scouting team come together and put forward best plan for 49ers present and future without having to cater to anyone's demands specifically !
[ Edited by eman on Feb 7, 2021 at 4:00 PM ]
Passed on Mahomes and Brady but he'll be all over Darnold or Kirk Cousins if they become available.

lol ok matt miller
I found his comments about Kyle and Mahomes interesting tbh. Makes you wonder what was said on the call when John said we have to reconsider this kid.

It makes me wonder if Kyle and John WOULD be more aggressive for a QB in the draft going forward etc.
[ Edited by Cisco0623 on Feb 7, 2021 at 10:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Costanza:
Passed on Mahomes and Brady but he'll be all over Darnold or Kirk Cousins if they become available.

He doesn't want a guy to improvise too much. He needs a drone to run his "system." If the system fails so be it.

He's willing to go down with that ship or ride it to the top
Share 49ersWebzone