LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Too bad that's literally the only game people can talk about in defense of him being carried by the run game and D all year.

Sadly, this is true.

Both AZ games?
Rams game at home?
Steelers game??
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
So many chicken littles in this fanbase crying because we didn't sell the farm for a 33 year old QB.

I'm ok with the Chicken Littles - you gotta expect those with a fanbase in the millions for the 49ers. It comes along with 5 lombardies and 2 lombardi losses. It's the Jonny Dells, NC's,THL's, Heros, MadDogs, Lombardi85 , and so many more that I come here for, not the Chicken Littles.

If you go to the .NUT boards, they grouse and reminisce over their *ONE* lombardi win and TWO lombardi losses. Their fanbase is 99% chicken littles.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
So many chicken littles in this fanbase crying because we didn't sell the farm for a 33 year old QB.

I'm ok with the Chicken Littles - you gotta expect those with a fanbase in the millions for the 49ers. It comes along with 5 lombardies and 2 lombardi losses. It's the Jonny Dells, NC's,THL's, Heros, MadDogs, Lombardi85 , and so many more that I come here for, not the Chicken Littles.

If you go to the .NUT boards, they grouse and reminisce over their *ONE* lombardi win and TWO lombardi losses. Their fanbase is 99% chicken littles.

Agreed 100%. I live in Seattle and these lames are calling for Carroll and/or Wilson to go. Talk about ungrateful!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
New Orleans Saints game in 2019 wasn't a bad game by Jimmy.

Love jimmy but we were all surprised by how he played, unfortunately that is the only game we can go back to

You were surprised.

I knew he had it in him and had seen it in him prior to that in 2019.

Why were you surprised?

Lol you were surprised also, but I'm not surprised you can't bring up a similar game

Rams/Cardinals 2019 were on his arm the last drives of the game. The D was awful in that rams game. Im not defending Jimmy but you wanted other examples
We're talking about steady performance

In both rams performances, JG had 480 yards with 1 TD and 3 INTs combined.

The cards can be added, but no one brings that game up before the saints game. The saints game was a surprise due JG being the man. No run game and no defense to fall back on.

"You can't bring up a similar game"

Someone brings up a similar game.

"We are talking about consistency"

LOL

Love jimmy but we were all surprised by how he played, unfortunately that is the only game we can go back to

You were surprised.

Why were you surprised?

Lol you were surprised also, but I'm not surprised you can't bring up a similar game

Rams/Cardinals 2019 were on his arm the last drives of the game. The D was awful in that rams game. Im not defending Jimmy but you wanted other examples

The cards can be added, but no one brings that game up before the saints game. The saints game was a surprise due JG being the man. No run game and no defense to fall back on.

LOL

Do you know the definition of consistency?

Is 2 games out of 19 games consistent to you?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 31, 2021 at 7:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

You were surprised.

Why were you surprised?

Too bad that's literally the only game people can talk about in defense of him being carried by the run game and D all year.

Jacksonville 2017. Hung 44 on that top D. Both Cardinals games in 2019. The 2019 finale. The last game against the Rams in 2019 (he didn't play great but he got nothing in the run game).

You were surprised.

Why were you surprised?

LOL

you know the amount of yards in a game doesn't represent the players performance correct?

You were surprised.

Why were you surprised?

LOL

you know the amount of yards in a game doesn't represent the players performance correct?

Jimmy G is the opposite of consistent, unless you say that he's consistently inconsistent. Then we can say that's true.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Shanahan said he will look at quarterbacks more intently this offseason, mainly because backups C.J. Beathard and Nick Mullens are eligible to become free agents.
But because the Niners can get out of Garoppolo's deal with little dead money penalty, it will keep the questions about Garoppolo in the news.
"You have to look into everything when you're trying to fill out a quarterback roster," Shanahan said. "We have a starting quarterback, but in order to know where these guys are going to be, we've got to either re-sign the guys we've got or see if we can upgrade them through the draft or free agency. In order to do that, you have to evaluate everything, so you know how to stack them and stuff. So, definitely will be looking at a lot more of that stuff this year than we did last year."
https://fox40.com/sports/football/49ers/garoppolo-not-worried-about-his-future-as-49ers-starting-qb/

Not signing Matt, I think is a big indication of what everybody on the Webzone draft boards are saying -- that because BeatHard and Nick are going to be free agents, ShanaLynch is really going to look hard at the backup QB situation and quite possibly draft one (versus a free agent signing like a Safford or a Watson).

Some great QB threads in the draft boards, if I may say so myself.

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

You were surprised.

Why were you surprised?

LOL

Jimmy G is the opposite of consistent, unless you say that he's consistently inconsistent. Then we can say that's true.
If you count just showing up to games and throwing INTs as consistent , then we got our guy.. actually he doesn't play in most games
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Feb 1, 2021 at 8:21 AM ]

Unless we trade, you know Kyle will draft a QB in rounds 2-4.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

Don't forget the free agency period too. But yeah, I think he will actually pick a QB in this years draft.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Jacksonville 2017. Hung 44 on that top D. Both Cardinals games in 2019. The 2019 finale. The last game against the Rams in 2019 (he didn't play great but he got nothing in the run game).

The second cardinals game was not a great game for jimmy, even though 4 passing touchdowns look good. He threw two picks in redzone, and the second pick could've been game if not for the defense who forced a three-and-out on AZ with 3 minutes left in the game. Even though it was off Dwelleys outstretched hands, the pass was not good. And the first pick was just awful, completely not seeing the LB underneath
[ Edited by the_dynasty on Feb 1, 2021 at 11:54 AM ]

Don't forget the free agency period too. But yeah, I think he will actually pick a QB in this years draft.

I feel FA is an area hell look hard at.

Draft - tougher call but if Mac Jones is available he could be a strong consideration.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I feel FA is an area hell look hard at.

Draft - tougher call but if Mac Jones is available he could be a strong consideration.

I'm going to the draft boards every day looking at the potential college draftees for the 49ers. Seems QB is a strong crop this year, so is OLine. Edge rusher is weak (like in 2018) I think if ShanaLynch can get some good players in free agency (T. Williams, Alex Mack) and use the draft to deepen the depth of the team, and add more possible top of the line talent -- I'm hoping this can be another '86 draft.
Share 49ersWebzone