LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 156 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Y'all are over analyzing. The reason why we have problems offensively is poor OL and QB play. Doesn't matter how good the game plan or adjustments are if players can't execute.

Now a couple of things I do think Shanahan did wrong last night was underutilizing mostert and Deebo. I don't wanna see Coleman on the field again.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Y'all are over analyzing. The reason why we have problems offensively is poor OL and QB play. Doesn't matter how good the game plan or adjustments are if players can't execute.

Now a couple of things I do think Shanahan did wrong last night was underutilizing mostert and Deebo. I don't wanna see Coleman on the field again.
looks like Deebo wasn't himself and was held out of practice most of the week. Deebo/Mostert is still trying to get back to football speed
  • thl408
If there's one critique I have of Kyle and his passing game, it's that he uses formations that make it more difficult for the QB. When you are watching other teams, check out how often they spread the field formationally, hell check out BUF. That gives the QB a much clearer presnap picture.

Kyle loves his condensed formations with reduced splits. This brings the WRs into the run game as blockers and possible ball carriers, but on passing plays it will muddy the picture for the QB. Then post snap, the QB has to wait until the WRs get away from one another since they are all packed in prior to the snap. For struggling QBs or QBs that aren't polished, it makes the passing game more difficult to execute on traditional dropback plays.

Other than that, I love me some Kyle.
Originally posted by thl408:
If there's one critique I have of Kyle and his passing game, it's that he uses formations that make it more difficult for the QB. When you are watching other teams, check out how often they spread the field formationally, hell check out BUF. That gives the QB a much clearer presnap picture.

Kyle loves his condensed formations with reduced splits. This brings the WRs into the run game as blockers and possible ball carriers, but on passing plays it will muddy the picture for the QB. Then post snap, the QB has to wait until the WRs get away from one another since they are all packed in prior to the snap. For struggling QBs or QBs that aren't polished, it makes the passing game more difficult to execute on traditional dropback plays.

Literally said this exact thing last night in my head. I was like man, these formations aren't helping Mullens. We go spread and all of a sudden he can make more plays..

That's a fair criticism. He needs to simplify things better for the QBs he has. He strikes me as a guy who assumes that everyone is on his level intellectually. He needs to find his savant at qb.
  • thl408
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Literally said this exact thing last night in my head. I was like man, these formations aren't helping Mullens. We go spread and all of a sudden he can make more plays..

The reduced splits brings the edges in closer towards the middle of the field, which means there's more edge to attack - there's more room between the outer-most WR and the sideline. So I get why it's done, just saying that it doesn't do the QB any favors on conventional dropbacks. Especially for QBs that aren't seeing the field well.
It doesn't help that all our QBs have noodle arms.

Well, CJ doesn't. He just flat out is inaccurate and late.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
...that guided his team to the superbowl. Who's the--nevermind.

and lost it with scary playcalling
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by susweel:
But he's an offensive genius

offensive dumbass

oh,, you mean you guys were not pleased with a shot gun run to wilson on fourth and goal. here kyle lets just call up the bills sidelines and tell them what we are doing,
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by susweel:
But he's an offensive genius

offensive dumbass
...that guided his team to the superbowl. Who's the--nevermind.
that takes nothing away from the fact he is not immune to being critically critiqued

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

i used to defend coleman. now f**k him and he can go to the garbage heap along with many others in the off season
kyle's a dumbass now? lol gotta love the wz
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
kyle's a dumbass now? lol gotta love the wz

he calls dumb ass plays at times
Originally posted by cciowa:
he calls dumb ass plays at times

It happens
Dude refuses to learn from his own mistakes! Once again, he try's to run it while in a shotgun formation. Why? Because he is stubborn AF! Why not goal line formation with Wilson? Na, that's too obvious. Let's use Coleman instead lol!
[ Edited by mrbusinessman499 on Dec 8, 2020 at 11:12 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone