There are 187 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Jordan Reed got 2 targets.

Come on. With 2-WR sets and one of those WR´s is Pettis I thought that Shanny was going with 2-TE sets a lot.

They signed Reed to give him 2 targets per game when one of our starting WR´s is Pettis?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Kyle's decision to go for it on 4th down at the end ended up costing the game. A FG there leaves the last drive a chip shot to win it.

Oh well. For as horrible as we played the last 50 minutes of the game we still had a shot. Not too bad.

It was at the one. Can't argue that. Players were open, Jimmy missed them. That Bourne under throw was terrible. Just sling it.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Jordan Reed got 2 targets.

Come on. With 2-WR sets and one of those WR´s is Pettis I thought that Shanny was going with 2-TE sets a lot.

They signed Reed to give him 2 targets per game when one of our starting WR´s is Pettis?

Yeah that was bad. I thought they would rely on Reed more. Run the offense through Kittle and him.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by 9moon:
AGREE.. and it's almost like... he'll coach his self out of the game because he wants to be imaginative on every freakin calls.. he doesn't seem to know how to game plan or call certain plays on certain situation...

just look how many times he forced to get the ball to McKinnon... he calls plays to advertise his guys..

Nothing wrong with the play calling. Players have to execute.

Nothing is wrong w/the play calling??

Sure, the designs great plays... but calling it at the right time is always the key...

he is to this date is just another NORV TURNER... is he a HC??

Well, let me ask. you this... HOW DO YOU SEE SHANNY AS A HC IF HE NEEDED TO GIVE UP HIS PLAY CALLING ???
1 target for the TEs in the 2nd half is ridiculous. Maybe Kittle is more hurt than we think but 1 target against the worst team against TEs a year ago? The game plan was s**t.
Originally posted by niners94:
Kyle's decision to go for it on 4th down at the end ended up costing the game. A FG there leaves the last drive a chip shot to win it.

Oh well. For as horrible as we played the last 50 minutes of the game we still had a shot. Not too bad.

It was at the one. Can't argue that. Players were open, Jimmy missed them. That Bourne under throw was terrible. Just sling it.

I get your point. I wanted to go for it there too, but you can argue it. Because it came down to us needing a FG and a TD at the end. So the argument is completely legitimate and justified.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:

I get your point. I wanted to go for it there too, but you can argue it. Because it came down to us needing a FG and a TD at the end. So the argument is completely legitimate and justified.

I also thought going for it on 4th down was ok, defense was stopping them at that point. What hurt was Midgets scrambling. An offense with a scrambling QB defintely has an advantage in this league nowadays. Kyle is just going to have to think hard about scrambling QB's vs pocket QB's in this day and age of the NFL. One additional note, AZ always plays us tough. Got to give them credit for that.
Damn. The last 2 games we played and 1 being the most important went exactly how experts predicted

The game shouldn't have been that close in the first place. It was the right call to go for it.

someone find Kyle's hat...

Originally posted by socalfan21:

The game shouldn't have been that close in the first place. It was the right call to go for it.

That's what pisses me off the most, game could've been near over in the half. Then the fact they gave them free points with that bs blocked punt, just a sloppy game from top to bottom
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by socalfan21:

That's what pisses me off the most, game could've been near over in the half. Then the fact they gave them free points with that bs blocked punt, just a sloppy game from top to bottom

Kinda sorta like the super bowl in the 4th QTR, that was messy and all I can say is YuK! This game was very very messy! Next week *has* to be much better than this game's level of play.
AGREE.. and it's almost like... he'll coach his self out of the game because he wants to be imaginative on every freakin calls.. he doesn't seem to know how to game plan or call certain plays on certain situation...

just look how many times he forced to get the ball to McKinnon... he calls plays to advertise his guys..

Nothing is wrong w/the play calling??

Sure, the designs great plays... but calling it at the right time is always the key...

he is to this date is just another NORV TURNER... is he a HC??

Well, let me ask. you this... HOW DO YOU SEE SHANNY AS A HC IF HE NEEDED TO GIVE UP HIS PLAY CALLING ???

His best ability Is calling play's. Bourne was wide open in end zone, Jimmy missed. He also had Bourne and Pettis wide open on another play when Jimmy decided to throw a 3 yard pass to His FB.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Wrong. Shanaloser will never learn. He passes too much. He lost the atlanta superbowl because of it. He lost last year because of it. He will never learn. Hes not trying to win. Hes trying to outgenius everyone.

They once Said the same about Andy Reid too. Let's be real, without Kyle, we wouldn't have been in the super bowl to begin. It's one game. We almost lost to them twice last year too. There's just something about the Cards. Either way, we'll bounce back from this, just like we did when The falcons shocked us Last year.
I think KS used this past game as a preseason game to test out some things and players. Play call was very vanilla all game, don't remember him being this predictable since last preseason. Well, rather get that "L" out of the way in September than in Dec/January.
Share 49ersWebzone