Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
So happy we have Shanahan as our HC!

I'm not he's an epic choker

Forgot to ask who you would rather have?

Lol idk maybe someone who can hold a lead in the Superbowl.

Shame Harbaugh never got a lead in the SB to see if he can hold one right?

All we learned was that he can't even hold his brothers jockstrap

Clueless people wants to get Harbaugh who can't even win in college. Or maybe he wants Chip Kelly? Or Sean McVay to score only 3 points in the SB and get exposed? Dumb, dumb fans.
Originally posted by genus49:
Shame Harbaugh never got a lead in the SB to see if he can hold one right?

Yeah its a real shame that our defense was injured and played horrible in the SB that year.
So happy we have Shanahan as our HC!

I'm not he's an epic choker

Lol idk maybe someone who can hold a lead in the Superbowl.

McVay? oh wait you jumped off that bandwagon a while ago lmaooo
Proud of having Kyle Shanahan leading the way at minority hiring with the current generation. Carrying on what Bill Walsh had done with pushing for minority coaches. None of them are perfect. At some point you can say they haven't done enough. But it seemed to come naturally for Kyle with his coaching staff. And I think he and Lynch are better than Walsh with the front office with the hiring of Martin Mayhew. He's essentially part of that GM makeup with Lynch. Giving John some needed experience.
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
Clueless people wants to get Harbaugh who can't even win in college. Or maybe he wants Chip Kelly? Or Sean McVay to score only 3 points in the SB and get exposed? Dumb, dumb fans.

I don't want Harbaugh back but to say he can't win is college is ridiculous. He's built a losing program into a winner everywhere he's gone from San Diego to Stanford and now at Michigan. Just because he can't beat Ohio State doesn't mean he can't win. There's only about 4 or 5 programs in the country that can compete year in and year out with Ohio State and they're all in the SEC or ACC.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

from what I remember he loved him some Harbs…he sure isn't a choker

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I don't want Harbaugh back but to say he can't win is college is ridiculous. He's built a losing program into a winner everywhere he's gone from San Diego to Stanford and now at Michigan. Just because he can't beat Ohio State doesn't mean he can't win. There's only about 4 or 5 programs in the country that can compete year in and year out with Ohio State and they're all in the SEC or ACC.

Good point about how tough it is to beat Ohio State. He definitely wins more than he loses wherever he's been. My big question is whether or not he will wear out his welcome at U of M despite having a winning record.
lol @ you fans. This is a Shanahan thrEAD, yet, you guys cannot move on from Harbaugh. If Harbaugh was a choker then Kyle is a bigger one. But to each of their own.

Shanny has been talking quite a bit about Kaep. Think he'll go after Kaep as a backup or gimmick QB?
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by father49er:
Shanny has been talking quite a bit about Kaep. Think he'll go after Kaep as a backup or gimmick QB?

We still don't need him. Mullens is the backup, we trade CJ for a bag of chips and Rutter is the PS guy

Winning at U of M is like winning at U of Texas...or for that matter at Texas Aggies in old Southwest conference. No matter if each school had winning records but then lost last game of season, Aggies to the HORNS or conversely, HORNS to the Aggies ...then the season was lost...a disaster. And U of M / Ohio St is analogous. Come in with a winning record and Ohio St loses to Mich or Mich loses to Ohio State, and season is a loss. Well,,,Harbs has been there, what , 4 yrs? And no Ws over Ohio St. It may not be fair but that is the way those two look at each other. That is being generous to Harbs because he hasn't been coming in with 10-0 nor 9-1 or even 8-2 records. He has been more middling , but combine that with no Ws over State...and a winning percentage coach gets his papers handed to him.

If you have seen any of last 4 season's head to head matchups, there is no question who has the better team nor who is the better coach. Again, may not be fair but that's what happens when a national program loses consistently (Semi) locally...to their biggest foe. After yr 2 here i was done with Harbs. But he is a decent coach, just really thin on O...okay...lousy there. In that neck of the woods, that isn't good enough. It will be interesting how long he stays around. That said, who really wants to play Ohio State in their conference...or for that matter anywhere.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Good point about how tough it is to beat Ohio State. He definitely wins more than he loses wherever he's been. My big question is whether or not he will wear out his welcome at U of M despite having a winning record.

No
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Bring home the GOLD or get him out !!!
Share 49erswebzone