LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Was Kyle or his dad primary play-caller for the Redskins?
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Was Kyle or his dad primary play-caller for the Redskins?

Kyle
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
https://www.rotoworld.com/article/goal-line-stand/nfls-best-coaches-2020

people get open in our offense so the QB doesnt always have to make those tight window throws. thats a luxury of having an offensive savant run your offense
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Pederson and McVay lol
Originally posted by S41MAN:
I think this scheme requires less of you physically like no 50/50 balls. less tight window throws, less outside the number type throws but requires more mentally and ball placement wise. Kubiak/ Shanahan has made someone like Matt Schaub look like a pro bowler even though he would have been mediocre on a different team. I think Jimmy is a great QB but anyone else feel like we should find our Matt schaub or Kirk Cousins through to free up cap space and continue to stock pile defense? The niners said it themselves, we can manufacture an offense. Even last year we were in a lot of close games despite crappy defense and no weapons.

God this take is so f**king dumb. Listen, if it was this is easy, and coaches could just scheme up plays so that any mediocre QB can look good, good QBs wouldn't be in such high demand.

Did y'all just miss the seasons where we had Hoyer and Beathard playing under Shanahans system? How'd that go?

Remember our QB whisperer? The talk back then was the same, pay the defense and just stick with rookie QBs until that rookie contract was up. How'd that go once Kap got figured out? We plugged in Blaine Gabbert and what were the results?

It blows my mind that anyone can come up with this "idea" when we've ALREADY seen it...on THIS actual team!

Shanahan may not need a prime Aaron Rodgers to run his offense but you do need to have a certain set of skills to run it. That's a fact.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Pederson and McVay lol

Pederson is a really good coach. Have no issue with someone thinking he's better than Kyle.

McVay is ridiculous however.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Pederson and McVay lol

That article came across to me as an opinion analysis piece vs a stat/fact ranking. In other words, it was more of a gut feeling article - in my opinion, than some sort of objective kind of fact based writing. Having said that, I think personally, Kyle is up there with Reid and Bellicheat. I mean the guy is only in his 3rd year of head coaching, at the ripe old age of 40, and he takes a team that went 4-12 last year into the super bowl and was 7 minutes away from a Super Bowl win. Andy must be 100 years old when he finally won a super bowl last year and the writer of the Article puts him almost at the top of his rankings.

I think Kyle's ceiling is up there with Walsh and Lombardi, and his floor is already at the level of Marv Levey.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
I think this scheme requires less of you physically like no 50/50 balls. less tight window throws, less outside the number type throws but requires more mentally and ball placement wise. Kubiak/ Shanahan has made someone like Matt Schaub look like a pro bowler even though he would have been mediocre on a different team. I think Jimmy is a great QB but anyone else feel like we should find our Matt schaub or Kirk Cousins through to free up cap space and continue to stock pile defense? The niners said it themselves, we can manufacture an offense. Even last year we were in a lot of close games despite crappy defense and no weapons.

God this take is so f**king dumb. Listen, if it was this is easy, and coaches could just scheme up plays so that any mediocre QB can look good, good QBs wouldn't be in such high demand.

Did y'all just miss the seasons where we had Hoyer and Beathard playing under Shanahans system? How'd that go?

Remember our QB whisperer? The talk back then was the same, pay the defense and just stick with rookie QBs until that rookie contract was up. How'd that go once Kap got figured out? We plugged in Blaine Gabbert and what were the results?

It blows my mind that anyone can come up with this "idea" when we've ALREADY seen it...on THIS actual team!

Shanahan may not need a prime Aaron Rodgers to run his offense but you do need to have a certain set of skills to run it. That's a fact.
Yeah, I don't agree the 49ers should find a budget QB.

We shouldn't take compliments to Kyle's scheme and tie it to Jimmy not being a good QB, or that because there are some easy throws, any QB can operate the entire playbook. This scheme requires mental acumen because the playbook is large, and accurate throws to take advantage of the yards after catch. And even if 1/3 of the pass plays are schemed up, that means 2/3 requires the QB to drop back and make the correct reads. It still takes a good QB. It's just that the good QB will get some easy yards too.

Kyle's offense ties together the run and pass so well. That's why he'll call those schemed up plays. This play doesn't mean you don't need a good QB, it just means they want an easy 19 yards.
Kyle, the possession receiver

Originally posted by thl408:

Yeah, I don't agree the 49ers should find a budget QB.

We shouldn't take compliments to Kyle's scheme and tie it to Jimmy not being a good QB, or that because there are some easy throws, any QB can operate the entire playbook. This scheme requires mental acumen because the playbook is large, and accurate throws to take advantage of the yards after catch. And even if 1/3 of the pass plays are schemed up, that means 2/3 requires the QB to drop back and make the correct reads. It still takes a good QB. It's just that the good QB will get some easy yards too.

Kyle's offense ties together the run and pass so well. That's why he'll call those schemed up plays. This play doesn't mean you don't need a good QB, it just means they want an easy 19 yards.

Yea I'm really trying to figure out his comment;
"find our Matt schaub or Kirk Cousins through to free up cap space"

Didn't Kirk C get paid, like big time?
Originally posted by sacniner:
Kyle, the possession receiver

i bet he wore 87 because of ed mccaffrey
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

Lol

We saw receivers being open often in 2017 and Beathard or Hoyer just couldn't do it. Agreed that you do need a certain skillset. People fail to realize we haven't put up points like this since the Mariucci days and even then, I only think he had one year where he scored as much as the 2019 offense. Any QB is not coming in and averaging 30 ppg.
Share 49ersWebzone