• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Originally posted by susweel:
Lol geniuses don't choke away two super bowls.

Kyle has coached 1 Super Bowl. In only his 3rd year as a HC. Not a bad start to a long career.

Excellent point, and I think Walsh was 47-ish before he even became head coach. that means if kyle wins a super bowl in the next 7 years, he's doing as good as Walsh was.

Walsh never choked.

I beg to differ.

In 1987, we were 13-2 and the best team in football. Then we got destroyed in our house against the Vikings in the first playoff game.

That would be like if we had the season we had except we got blown out by the Vikings. You would really prefer that to making it to the Super Bowl? I 110% guarantee if that happens, all the questions would be whether or not this team's "schemes" and "strategies" work in the playoffs at all (kinda like what some people are saying about the Ravens).

Walsh never choked...in SuperBowls.

I think Kyles floor is Marve Levy and his ceiling is Bellicheat. (Without the need for cheating) He still needs to win at least one super bowl to be considered with the greats of the NFL, for sure.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
Walsh is also what they call an old Lion. Got a late start, but learned from it. Kyle is younger and has done so much more than other more grizzled veterans.
Look at Andy Reid-He as you said choked the first time, but got a team to the SB....after how many years? Remind me. How many times did Marv Levy choked?
What about former Walsh protégé Holmgren.

Or you and other rather go back to Nolan, JT and Chip?

Yup, Win two rings and you are in Vince Lombardi Tom Landry territory.
Shanny's defense exploded upon the league last year when they were healthy. With the running game coming on also early and late last year, I think this year will be his offensive passing game time to dominate. Especially with guys like Hurd and Taylor that were injured last year.

Cant wait...!

Seemingly building a juggernaut on both side of the ball
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 26, 2020 at 8:54 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Shanny's defense exploded upon the league last year when they were healthy. With the running game coming on also early and late last year, I think this year will be his offensive passing game time to dominate. Especially with guys like Hurd and Taylor that were injured last year.

Cant wait...!

Seemingly building a juggernaut on both side of the ball

Don't forget mid year, our defense was hurting bad. Fingers crossed we get a lucky healthy year from our starters.

Lombardi coached 5 championship teams, not 2.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:

Heh, I knew somebody would point that out. Lombardi coached only 2 super bowls. The others weren't officially super bowls.

Heh, I knew somebody would point that out. Lombardi coached only 2 super bowls. The others weren't officially super bowls.

Can't blame the man for not coaching his team in a game that didn't exist yet. That's like saying Walsh's championship wins are invalid because there were only 5 playoff teams in each conference in 1981-1988.
Walsh never choked.

Not to take anything away from Walsh but hard to choke when his team was far and away better than anybody else. There was no salary cap back then. He had a top 3 QB and top 3 WR to ever play the game. Great defense that doesn't get talked about much because of how great their offense was. That dynasty team had not a single weakness. They were like the Gretzky Oilers of the 80's.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Apr 26, 2020 at 2:53 PM ]
I love this!

Remember last off season when Kyle went into the dark lab and emerged with a variant running scheme that f**ked the whole league up all the way to the Superbowl while simultaneously protecting his FQB who was recovering from an ACL?

What's next? Probably this. Mismatch City!

• thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:
I love this!

Remember last off season when Kyle went into the dark lab and emerged with a variant running scheme that f**ked the whole league up all the way to the Superbowl while simultaneously protecting his FQB who was recovering from an ACL?

It's been said before on this forum by others. Kyle is striving for 5 players that can all run, catch, and block. Then put them all on the field and mix it all around. WRs taking handoffs, TEs getting screen passes, FBs going deep, whatever he can think of.
Originally posted by thl408:
I love this!

It's been said before on this forum by others. Kyle is striving for 5 players that can all run, catch, and block. Then put them all on the field and mix it all around. WRs taking handoffs, TEs getting screen passes, FBs going deep, whatever he can think of.

I love this!

And don't you dare forget about Wishnowsky in all of this. He's going to swap out the ball with a rugby ball and line up in the wildcat.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Can't blame the man for not coaching his team in a game that didn't exist yet. That's like saying Walsh's championship wins are invalid because there were only 5 playoff teams in each conference in 1981-1988.

Well, I still say if you win two super bowls - you are a pretty darn good coach. Now, for somebody like Bellicheat - his wins are tainted in my opinion. I don't know what to make of his wins considering he's been caught cheating so much. As for Bill Walsh, he was revolutionary - he revolutionized football from a technical point of view, as for Lombardi - he revolutionized football from a racial perspective. I think a two super bowl win coach has a decent shot at getting into the hall of fame.

I don't know how many wins Kyle will have, but with two super bowl losses in his very young career, hopefully he'll win more than he looses!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I love this!

And don't you dare forget about Wishnowsky in all of this. He's going to swap out the ball with a rugby ball and line up in the wildcat.

...now if we can only get a hall of fame defensive back and interior OLineman!
Share 49ersWebzone