LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 155 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Polkadots:
When it comes to his play calling in the Super Bowl, the opportunities were there. I too would have liked to see a different outcome, but the tape shows his players failed to execute (consistently). And that's just on the offensive side of the ball. The defense and Saleh bear some responsibility too (see 3rd and 15 blunder).

Regarding the Falcons' collapse, that loss is almost entirely on the players. I see his offensive players making numerous mistakes, and a defense that turned off completely (how is that on Kyle as the OC?).

Kyle may or may not be a choker, but what happened in Feb. does not a choker make.

I think he blacked out, I remember being up 10 points and telling my wife, the Chiefs are going to come back with a vengeance, and for some reason we stopped running
Look how happy he was getting Aiyuk. First time since he been here, he finally got a 1st rd pick for a skill position.

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 25, 2020 at 5:38 PM ]
Shanny should have the offense rolling this year
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by weit53:
https://twitter.com/YacovoneRick/status/1253891687128150016?s=09

He was high fiving the air when we got Aiyuk.

Awesome to see Kyle so excited there

Yeah! Makes me actually believe what he said in his press conference about Aiyuk being his top WR lol!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by tohara3:

Awesome to see Kyle so excited there

Totally!

Meh he was probably doing that when he got pettis also.

Should have took ceedee lamb. Shanny f**ked up, you'll see.

Same energy.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Same energy.

[ Edited by IGSXIII on Apr 25, 2020 at 6:19 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rathman4481:
Haven't been on this forum since the SB and for good reason.

As pissed off as I was (am) with Kyle, he is still a great coach.

Same. It took a long time to heal from the disappointment.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Originally posted by susweel:
Lol geniuses don't choke away two super bowls.

Kyle has coached 1 Super Bowl. In only his 3rd year as a HC. Not a bad start to a long career.

Excellent point, and I think Walsh was 47-ish before he even became head coach. that means if kyle wins a super bowl in the next 7 years, he's doing as good as Walsh was.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Kyle has coached 1 Super Bowl. In only his 3rd year as a HC. Not a bad start to a long career.

Excellent point, and I think Walsh was 47-ish before he even became head coach. that means if kyle wins a super bowl in the next 7 years, he's doing as good as Walsh was.

Walsh never choked.

Originally posted by Joecool:

Walsh never choked.

I beg to differ.

In 1987, we were 13-2 and the best team in football. Then we got destroyed in our house against the Vikings in the first playoff game.

That would be like if we had the season we had except we got blown out by the Vikings. You would really prefer that to making it to the Super Bowl? I 110% guarantee if that happens, all the questions would be whether or not this team's "schemes" and "strategies" work in the playoffs at all (kinda like what some people are saying about the Ravens).
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Apr 26, 2020 at 12:41 AM ]
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Walsh never choked.

I beg to differ.

In 1987, we were 13-2 and the best team in football. Then we got destroyed in our house against the Vikings in the first playoff game.

That would be like if we had the season we had except we got blown out by the Vikings. You would really prefer that to making it to the Super Bowl? I 110% guarantee if that happens, all the questions would be whether or not this team's "schemes" and "strategies" work in the playoffs at all (kinda like what some people are saying about the Ravens).

Walsh never choked...in SuperBowls.
Kyle's emmo:

Rackity RAC, don't talk back.

Walsh never choked.
Walsh is also what they call an old Lion. Got a late start, but learned from it. Kyle is younger and has done so much more than other more grizzled veterans.
Look at Andy Reid-He as you said choked the first time, but got a team to the SB....after how many years? Remind me. How many times did Marv Levy choked?
What about former Walsh protégé Holmgren.

Or you and other rather go back to Nolan, JT and Chip?
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Walsh never choked.

I beg to differ.

Walsh never choked...in SuperBowls.
Coaches coach-players still got to execute and refs got to make the calls. Never played organized ball?
Share 49ersWebzone