There are 178 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
How many times did Andy Reid choked before finally winning it all? lol, let coach learn from his mistakes

It took him 15 years to play a bigger choker than himself, and he did that with another franchise. You sure you want Kyle to follow that same career path?

Just seems really dumb, like really really dumb, to be writing off a guy who just turned 40. Especially when you see what happened to Atlanta after he left and how he has taken a rebuild team to the SB faster than anyone thought possible.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Polkadots:
I've found it to be the case people with this mentality have never won anything substantial in their lives.

I am sure Kyle is happy with the season his team put together. I am also quite sure he is disappointed, to the nth degree, his team did not win the Super Bowl. It's possible to be both. Those who cannot are more likely to be "suckers and losers" than those who can find the positives in even the worst situations (to wit, losing the Super Bowl is not).

if you are a niner fan and are just happy to be at the super bowl and are satisfied with losing a winnable super bowl.. well i i just do not know. i do not know about you but while i am happy with our success. with our history.. i am not pleased we have become the new buffalo bills
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by walker807:
How many times did Andy Reid choked before finally winning it all? lol, let coach learn from his mistakes

It took him 15 years to play a bigger choker than himself, and he did that with another franchise. You sure you want Kyle to follow that same career path?

Just seems really dumb, like really really dumb, to be writing off a guy who just turned 40. Especially when you see what happened to Atlanta after he left and how he has taken a rebuild team to the SB faster than anyone thought possible.

ok,, see,.... this is the thing.. no one wrote off kyle... you offer the smallest bit of critical comment,,,, well deserved i may say.. and people get crazy. most of us say. we like him. glad he is our coach but he s**t the bed on the big stage and did not do a good job of coaching at all.. and thats all
Originally posted by cciowa:

ok,, see,.... this is the thing.. no one wrote off kyle... you offer the smallest bit of critical comment,,,, well deserved i may say.. and people get crazy. most of us say. we like him. glad he is our coach but he s**t the bed on the big stage and did not do a good job of coaching at all.. and thats all

I hear ya CC. Just seems like he takes criticism for his success if that makes sense. Has any coach done what hes done by 40 in taking two different teams to the SB. He may not of been HC in Atlanta but they went to the SB because of Kyle's offense. I'm not happy with how the SB ended but at the same time, wouldnt trade Kyle for any other coach in the league.

He's a "good" coach if that's your bar, but he's also a choker, and a stubborn one to boot. In football, a lot of things outside your control have to lineup to get a super bowl berth, and Kyle has blown two of those golden opportunities in his career. So while I also believe that Kyle will keep the niners relevant for years to come, that doesn't mean I expect any championships out of him and his regime anytime soon, or likely ever.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by 91til:
I love Kyle. He's gonna win us a few trophies before he's done and I'm not talking bout the NFC ones

Agreed. Kyle's the chosen one.

next time he is in the super bowl he needs to do much better in my opinion

Plenty of blame to go around tbh, but yeah, Kyle needs to come up with a masterplan next time.
or just stay with what is working... he reminded me of roman... at the worst possible time he got cute. tried to outsmart himself and turned into the nutty professor which gave us a second place trophy. being happy to get second in a super bowl,. no matter how long its been since you been there is for suckers and losers

The players have to execute regardless of what plays are called. Jimmy missed on afew big plays that would have gave us a chance to put more points on the board.

Kyle needs to do better but so do the players. I'm still fully confident we have the right coach for the Job.

Stay patient. Good things are coming.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 91til:
I love Kyle. He's gonna win us a few trophies before he's done and I'm not talking bout the NFC ones

Agreed. Kyle's the chosen one.

next time he is in the super bowl he needs to do much better in my opinion

Plenty of blame to go around tbh, but yeah, Kyle needs to come up with a masterplan next time.
or just stay with what is working... he reminded me of roman... at the worst possible time he got cute. tried to outsmart himself and turned into the nutty professor which gave us a second place trophy. being happy to get second in a super bowl,. no matter how long its been since you been there is for suckers and losers

The players have to execute regardless of what plays are called. Jimmy missed on afew big plays that would have gave us a chance to put more points on the board.

Kyle needs to do better but so do the players. I'm still fully confident we have the right coach for the Job.

Stay patient. Good things are coming.

i am fine... i was just chiming in what i have always said. blame for the loss goes in this order.. kyle then jimmy. then the defense on 3rd and 15. i like kyle. glad he is our coach. i also love bill walsh but hate him for the way he handled joe vs steve. i love george but hate how he handled haley and ignoring the run game when steve young was in his prime. i am ok with mooch but hate him for crawling into a fetal position vs tampa bay. i like jh but hate him for playing a big part in us losing the super bowl
Niners have a brilliant coach. Even tho he's an O guy, he knows everything starts up front with the QB killers.

Oh, please. Everyone faces adversity in their lives, but you know what winners do? They believe in the hard work that got them into a position of success. Chokers, on the other hand, don't do that and crumble under the bright lights. Kyle has shown to be more of the latter mold, and is also too stubborn to learn from his prior failures as well. The stuff he's said after the loss about calling the same plays makes me shake my head.

When it comes to his play calling in the Super Bowl, the opportunities were there. I too would have liked to see a different outcome, but the tape shows his players failed to execute (consistently). And that's just on the offensive side of the ball. The defense and Saleh bear some responsibility too (see 3rd and 15 blunder).

Regarding the Falcons' collapse, that loss is almost entirely on the players. I see his offensive players making numerous mistakes, and a defense that turned off completely (how is that on Kyle as the OC?).

Kyle may or may not be a choker, but what happened in Feb. does not a choker make.
https://twitter.com/YacovoneRick/status/1253891687128150016?s=09

He was high fiving the air when we got Aiyuk.

Here's our X! I can't wait to see him fit in primarily at X. This could become a very explosive offense!

Receiving targets per game (building off 2019 and Kyle's historic offense in Atlanta)

2020 Projections:
Y/F *Kittle/ROOKIE/Dwelley - 8.0
Z *Samuel - 6.5
RB McKinnon/Mostert/Coleman - 5.5
X *Aiyuk - 5.0
SWR/F Bourne/*Hurd/Taylor/Benjamin - 4.5
FB - Juszczyk - 1.5

Total Receiving - 31
Total Running - 29
Volume: 60

* players not counted in running plays (i.e. handoffs as a RB, end-arounds, wildcat, etc.)
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 25, 2020 at 5:56 AM ]
Originally posted by weit53:

Awesome to see Kyle so excited there
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by weit53:

Awesome to see Kyle so excited there

Totally!
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Looks like Shanny is going to get out of this draft FINALLY without taking a RB. LOL.

I still think we need one more though.

Jet seems like a long shot.

UDFA?
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Crown:
Looks like Shanny is going to get out of this draft FINALLY without taking a RB. LOL.

I still think we need one more though.

Jet seems like a long shot.

UDFA?

Yeah I can see that too. It's like crack for him - "must get running back, must." I can see Lynch saying "no, Kyle, we're not trading for a RB this year!"

Haha
Share 49ersWebzone