Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨

Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i will puke if john harbaugh gets coach of the year over kyle.

i wouldnt be that mad. he did take a QB that everybody said cant play at a high level and should be a WR, and turn him into an all pro. but what Kyle has done with this team, the turnaround to be exact, its amazing.
4-12 to 13-3 in one year. Wow. Way beyond **MY** expectations for sure.

cc said 8 wins at best
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
shout out to the fans on here that didn't waver or overreact during the 2017 season and realized the bigger picture at hand, as well as demonstrating the patience that was necessary at that time.
^^ This. Including those (of us) who did not overreact to 2018, either. Nobody likes to lose, but even in losing during the 2017 and 2018 seasons the makings of future success were visible, and we weren't losing in the same "no conceivable hope" way that we did under Erickson, Nolan, Singletary, Tomsula, and Kelly. Patience was mandatory. Myopia needed to be checked at the door. Walking in off the street in 2017 Shanahan is the best offensive minded coach we've had since his father left for Denver in 1995, and the best offensive minded head coach since Walsh. Given the mediocre to trash coaching we had before him that alone earned Shanahan patience from me for the duration of his contract (with the obvious expectation that after three years there should be improvement). Given the s**t show he was left with in 2017 none of us could have foreseen things coming together so quickly. With a lot of luck along the way it has. We got lucky to get Shanahan, we got lucky to get Garoppolo, we got lucky to get Bosa, we've had a lot of good luck as 49ers fans over the past three years.

I could care less. I just want #6 above all else >>>
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

i know. just did a sidestep there

True. In my book a Lombardi trophy is more validation that he would be the COTY than an actual COTY trophy is.

i know. just did a sidestep there

right, Mike Vrabel did a hell of a job too, with 2 monster upsets for a team that snuck in the playoffs.

i wouldnt be that mad. he did take a QB that everybody said cant play at a high level and should be a WR, and turn him into an all pro. but what Kyle has done with this team, the turnaround to be exact, its amazing.

Yes, a career Special Teams coach, who has never had anything to do with offense, came up with that offense to make Lamar a star.

So tired of hearing this lame argument. It's as bad as people trying to give LaFleur all of the credit for the Packers turnaround when it was mostly because of the defensive improvement.
[ Edited by a49erfan77 on Jan 31, 2020 at 4:28 AM ]
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
shout out to the fans on here that didn't waver or overreact during the 2017 season and realized the bigger picture at hand, as well as demonstrating the patience that was necessary at that time.
^^ This. Including those (of us) who did not overreact to 2018, either. Nobody likes to lose, but even in losing during the 2017 and 2018 seasons the makings of future success were visible, and we weren't losing in the same "no conceivable hope" way that we did under Erickson, Nolan, Singletary, Tomsula, and Kelly. Patience was mandatory. Myopia needed to be checked at the door. Walking in off the street in 2017 Shanahan is the best offensive minded coach we've had since his father left for Denver in 1995, and the best offensive minded head coach since Walsh. Given the mediocre to trash coaching we had before him that alone earned Shanahan patience from me for the duration of his contract (with the obvious expectation that after three years there should be improvement). Given the s**t show he was left with in 2017 none of us could have foreseen things coming together so quickly. With a lot of luck along the way it has. We got lucky to get Shanahan, we got lucky to get Garoppolo, we got lucky to get Bosa, we've had a lot of good luck as 49ers fans over the past three years.

it was like obama inheriting the economic recession that was 2008 pretty much.
It's time for Shanahan to delve and unleash the true plays and innovative stuff from his playbook.

the best plays he has in his playbook, now's the time to lay all the cards down on the table and not hold back with his genius and creativity.
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Jan 31, 2020 at 6:13 AM ]
KC Defense has given up only 11.5 ppg in the last 6 regular season games.

No matter who you play, that is impressive. Watch this game be a 14-17 low scoring type of game.

Originally posted by Joecool:
KC Defense has given up only 11.5 ppg in the last 6 regular season games.

No matter who you play, that is impressive. Watch this game be a 14-17 low scoring type of game.

NE defense allowed 40 total points through their first 8 games vs bad teams and then gave up 30 to the Ravens in week 9. Opponents matter.

You also should probably take into account they are allowing 25+ per game in the playoffs.
[ Edited by a49erfan77 on Jan 31, 2020 at 7:33 AM ]

cc said 8 wins at best

I had 9 and a possible wild card...no way I saw this coming until at least next year.
Originally posted by Ninersrisin:
Both of them?

Honestly, there's been kinda of a war of sorts that's gone on here before even Shanahan arrived. But specifically when he arrived, there were those of us who were with him and supported his decisions, even the bad ones (me for example with Solomon Thomas and Joe Williams) and those who speak as if they legitimately thought Brian Hoyer was the QBOTF.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

cc said 8 wins at best

I had 9 and a possible wild card...no way I saw this coming until at least next year.

I had 10 wins, but wanted to go higher. I felt they had it in them, but I was gut punched by all the injuries, and was a little gun-shy.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

That was more Greg Roman though. Its not like Harbaugh has some sort of extensive offensive background. It was Roman that went and retooled his offense to best fit LJ's abilities.

Indeed. Looking at what he did in Baltimore and what Roman did here, it's like the original WCO with the Cincinnati Bengals (2012-2013 49ers with Roman/Kap) verses the 1980s WCO 49ers (2019 Ravens).
Share 49erswebzone