There are 225 users in the forums

Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨

Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

I've been lurking the Falcons board for a few years since Shanny got hired. Its interesting since he has remained a constant conversation piece since he left as their 'O' has slipped after his time there. The 28-3 SB lead that the Falcons had is really hard for them to let go (and understandably so). Most don't blame Shanny at this point as they realize the D didn't do it's job and other elements were at hand. These recent comments regarding a key running play in their Super Bowl loss were interesting:

"I mean, he had a guy running free, and the play call was probably for Freeman to block. Hindsight and all that, but that play probably works 9/10 times, and we were all had no brakes all year. That's what having a team mentality looks like, people just didn't execute.

Hardy walks in the endzone if Freeman picks up the block. Facts

It's the sickest part of watching the all 22...seeing the TD lol..."

Taking their thoughts and comparing them to what we see and hear from the current team, it has really been interesting what Kittle, Sanders, and Deebo have said in interviews after the Vikings and Packers games. There is such a huge pride in working together, in giving 100% in all elements of the game including blocking as a WR. Kyle is a very smart man, and without a doubt he has learned his lessons from the past and made the necessary adjustments to make sure that history doesn't repeat itself.
[ Edited by Niners_D on Jan 29, 2020 at 7:32 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners_D:
I've been lurking the Falcons board for a few years since Shanny got hired. Its interesting since he has remained a constant conversation piece since he left as their 'O' has slipped after his time there. The 28-3 SB lead that the Falcons had is really hard for them to let go (and understandably so). Most don't blame Shanny at this point as they realize the D didn't do it's job and other elements were at hand. These recent comments regarding a key running play in their Super Bowl loss were interesting:

"I mean, he had a guy running free, and the play call was probably for Freeman to block. Hindsight and all that, but that play probably works 9/10 times, and we were all had no brakes all year. That's what having a team mentality looks like, people just didn't execute.

Hardy walks in the endzone if Freeman picks up the block. Facts

It's the sickest part of watching the all 22...seeing the TD lol..."

Taking their thoughts and comparing them to what we see and hear from the current team, it has really been interesting what Kittle, Sanders, and Deebo have said in interviews after the Vikings and Packers games. There is such a huge pride in working together, in giving 100% in all elements of the game including blocking as a WR. Kyle is a very smart man, and without a doubt he has learned his lessons from the past and made the necessary adjustments to make sure that history doesn't repeat itself.
Well in that game, I think he only had one legitimate pass rusher. He definetly learned his lesson in that area, today he has 4 of 'em.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Thanos89:
He really needs to add more variety.

What does he think this is? Madden?

Apparently.

Love Coach Shanahan
shout out to the fans on here that didn't waver or overreact during the 2017 season and realized the bigger picture at hand, as well as demonstrating the patience that was necessary at that time.
He really needs to add more variety.

lol @ teams thinking it's as simple as "stopping the run"
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
shout out to the fans on here that didn't waver or overreact during the 2017 season and realized the bigger picture at hand, as well as demonstrating the patience that was necessary at that time.

Both of them?

I think Shanny will see a crowded box with press cover 1, and he will employ the perimeter run game off of that.

Kyle cashing in after the 2 lean years.

Cha-ching! Cha-ching! CHA-CHING!!!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i will puke if john harbaugh gets coach of the year over kyle.

Originally posted by cciowa:

i wouldnt be that mad. he did take a QB that everybody said cant play at a high level and should be a WR, and turn him into an all pro. but what Kyle has done with this team, the turnaround to be exact, its amazing.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

i wouldnt be that mad. he did take a QB that everybody said cant play at a high level and should be a WR, and turn him into an all pro. but what Kyle has done with this team, the turnaround to be exact, its amazing.
4-12 to 13-3 in one year. Wow. Way beyond **MY** expectations for sure.

That was more Greg Roman though. Its not like Harbaugh has some sort of extensive offensive background. It was Roman that went and retooled his offense to best fit LJ's abilities.
Apparently.

Nice read. It almost makes you feel sorry for opposing defenses, almost.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jan 30, 2020 at 2:05 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

they were in the playoffs last year. we ate s**t
Share 49erswebzone