• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by NCommand:
He really needs to add more variety.

Absolutely awesome. Love Coach Shanahan
We have some smart and athletice players to memorize all those blocking schemes. A player who cant remember stuff is something Kyle probably avoids like a plague, even if athletically tremendously talented.

I think it helped immensely that the same 5 OL returned from the 2018 season. So Kyle was able to build upon what was already laid down as the foundation (outside zone). We saw in week 1 vs TB that the 49ers had reduced the number of outside zone runs and I thought it was because it was so hot that day Kyle didn't want his OL running so much. Little did I know that it was a glimpse of how the running game had evolved.

Agree, but got to admit Juczszck's Harvard education helps him memorize all his blocking and pass route assignments.

But yeah, the OLine (outside of Staley) is pretty young. If they can continue and have stability there, with Jalen Hurd healthy, Trent taylor, etc.. this offense can get better. Once you have an elite running and passing attack, you have an offense nobody can stop.
Originally posted by Bigfishrider:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
It's so dumb with a show like Undisputed - Shannon Sharpe/Sh!t Bayless (or other such shows). At least today for example, they talk about Kyle like all he's doing is getting the game plans and playcalls directly from his dad. They're literally saying that. But since they never discuss the Niners at all except for the fact of being in SB, there's mostly ignorance and stupidity. Sharpe oughtta know better having played for Mike Shanahan. They act like he's just sitting there watching game and practice video telling Kyle everything to do. He does offer advice but the fact KS is a self-made football coach with his own ideas totally escapes these overhyped sports media "stars". It's really annoying AF.

Shannon and Skip are basically paid actors that spew out hot takes so they can argue on the air for entertainment and ratings. I doubt they believe half of what they say. That's why I ignore shows like that.

Yeah, basically soap opera for men.
Originally posted by susweel:
Then obviously kyle will be redeemed.

Originally posted by ninerjok:
It's so dumb with a show like Undisputed - Shannon Sharpe/Sh!t Bayless (or other such shows). At least today for example, they talk about Kyle like all he's doing is getting the game plans and playcalls directly from his dad. They're literally saying that. But since they never discuss the Niners at all except for the fact of being in SB, there's mostly ignorance and stupidity. Sharpe oughtta know better having played for Mike Shanahan. They act like he's just sitting there watching game and practice video telling Kyle everything to do. He does offer advice but the fact KS is a self-made football coach with his own ideas totally escapes these overhyped sports media "stars". It's really annoying AF.

Are they for real??

Holy crap that is baiting to the 10000th degree! If it were as easy as having a guy whispering in your ear, there'd be so many great coaches in the league.

Freaking idiots. Shanahan laid down the foundation, but it's a very real possibility his son has surpassed him as far as offensive game planning/play calling. Having someone to bounce ideas off of is perfectly natural for any top performer in any field, not just sports.

Idiots.
  • Jaci
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Kyle has a chance to redeem himself for drafting salmon Thomas over mahomes. The only way is to win the superbowl. If chiefs win it will go down as a big time draft screw up.

I know the team must be good when you are reaching that far for trolling.
Also, salmon thomas...come on, you can think of something better than that, big tuna.
Originally posted by Thanos89:

What does he think this is? Madden?

Apparently.

After watching Kyle on Super Bowl opening night, I have a whole new level of respect for him. Just seems like a guy you'd want to play for.
Apparently.

Juice is a running schemes secret weapon, not primarily because he is an excellent blocker... if he is not running a route, Juice is essentially a glorified offensive guard who can be placed anywhere in the formation to create a man advantage depending upon how the defense is lining up... what you do is count the number of defenders on each half of the center who are in the "box" (headup over the center counts as half a man as does the center), if that number is greater than the number of blockers you have on that side of the formation you have a negative man advantage... so the 9ers can lineup, determine the defender man count on each side of the center, and then shift/motion juice to the correct side of the box to produce a blocking advantage, this along with scheme (pullers, or other types of insert blockers). Having Kittle shift/motion adds to this effect.
[ Edited by riverrunzthruit on Jan 28, 2020 at 1:09 PM ]
Hopefully they have private, closed to all media, under a giant tent type practices. ...just in case.

I don't trust that Walrus, Andy Reid.

Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by tohara3:

Absolutely awesome. Love Coach Shanahan
We have some smart and athletice players to memorize all those blocking schemes. A player who cant remember stuff is something Kyle probably avoids like a plague, even if athletically tremendously talented.

I think it helped immensely that the same 5 OL returned from the 2018 season. So Kyle was able to build upon what was already laid down as the foundation (outside zone). We saw in week 1 vs TB that the 49ers had reduced the number of outside zone runs and I thought it was because it was so hot that day Kyle didn't want his OL running so much. Little did I know that it was a glimpse of how the running game had evolved.

Agree, but got to admit Juczszck's Harvard education helps him memorize all his blocking and pass route assignments.

But yeah, the OLine (outside of Staley) is pretty young. If they can continue and have stability there, with Jalen Hurd healthy, Trent taylor, etc.. this offense can get better. Once you have an elite running and passing attack, you have an offense nobody can stop.

During a one-on-one ride along last year Jus was asked about his hobbies. If I remember correctly, he mentioned something about spending a lot of time listening to scientifically based space exploration podcasts.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners_D:
During a one-on-one ride along last year Jus was asked about his hobbies. If I remember correctly, he mentioned something about spending a lot of time listening to scientifically based space exploration podcasts.

The dude is smart. He blocked two guys. Remember the outside zone where the edge defender was getting ready to be blocked by Jusczyzk, shed him, and take out Raheem. He basically faked blocked the DE, and blew by him as the DE braced himself and in doing so, basically took himself out of the game because of the play design going around the DE. Then he blocks the cornerback and was agile enough and fast enough to stay between the WR and Raheem. So he's plenty athletic, but it's the smarts that really separates him from some of the fullbacks out there that just go Neanderthal and just club people do death instead of using their intelligence to rob them of house and home.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Hopefully they have private, closed to all media, under a giant tent type practices. ...just in case.

I don't trust that Walrus, Andy Reid.

Neither does Kyle, he'll have a couple open sessions just for Walrus' eyes #FakePractice #FakeNews
Browns passed on our offensive guys for OC. Hired Alex Van Pelt from Cincy.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Browns passed on our offensive guys for OC. Hired Alex Van Pelt from Cincy.

Yeah, the more super bowls you appear at, the easier to keep coaches. Teams are at a disadvantage hiring coaches in February. So many of your talented coaches dont get hired because of that timing issue.

Jed was pretty brave to hire Kyle at such a late stage in the season. I thought that was an impressive move by him. Its is so much easier to hire a coach after black monday and move on, than be patient and wait for the top coaches playing in the super bowl to be available.
Share 49erswebzone