There are 198 users in the forums

Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨

Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

He really needs to add more variety.

Originally posted by NCommand:
He really needs to add more variety.


Absolutely awesome. Love Coach Shanahan
The previous coaches had trap, power, counter, lead. The innovative play was qb draw...
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 26, 2020 at 6:33 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
The previous coaches had trap, power, counter, lead. The innovative play was qb draw...

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
The previous coaches had trap, power, counter, lead. The innovative play was qb draw...


Coaches like Jimmy Raye and Harbaugh touted as run dominant, but their run game only good until teams decide to put 8-9 in the box, then their answers were rudimentary passing and running qb like Kaep was the wet dream.

Kyle had Jimmy doing only 6 for 8 passing and still scored 37pts. That's a fcking dominant run game
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 26, 2020 at 7:21 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 15,816
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by NCommand:
He really needs to add more variety.


Absolutely awesome. Love Coach Shanahan
We have some smart and athletice players to memorize all those blocking schemes. A player who cant remember stuff is something Kyle probably avoids like a plague, even if athletically tremendously talented.
Kyle has a chance to redeem himself for drafting salmon Thomas over mahomes. The only way is to win the superbowl. If chiefs win it will go down as a big time draft screw up.
Originally posted by susweel:
Kyle has a chance to redeem himself for drafting salmon Thomas over mahomes. The only way is to win the superbowl. If chiefs win it will go down as a big time draft screw up.

I think that's a little bit of revisionist history. We were considering Trubisky, Watson, Foster, Thomas, and Lattimore. I don't remember anyone linking us to Mahomes.
  • thl408
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 19,490
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by NCommand:
He really needs to add more variety.


Absolutely awesome. Love Coach Shanahan
We have some smart and athletice players to memorize all those blocking schemes. A player who cant remember stuff is something Kyle probably avoids like a plague, even if athletically tremendously talented.

I think it helped immensely that the same 5 OL returned from the 2018 season. So Kyle was able to build upon what was already laid down as the foundation (outside zone). We saw in week 1 vs TB that the 49ers had reduced the number of outside zone runs and I thought it was because it was so hot that day Kyle didn't want his OL running so much. Little did I know that it was a glimpse of how the running game had evolved.
Originally posted by susweel:
Kyle has a chance to redeem himself for drafting salmon Thomas over mahomes. The only way is to win the superbowl. If chiefs win it will go down as a big time draft screw up.

What if Solly gets the game winning sack?

Originally posted by susweel:
Kyle has a chance to redeem himself for drafting salmon Thomas over mahomes. The only way is to win the superbowl. If chiefs win it will go down as a big time draft screw up.

In the grand scheme of things, it's of little consequence. Too many positives to dwell on that.
Originally posted by Zealot:
Originally posted by susweel:
Kyle has a chance to redeem himself for drafting salmon Thomas over mahomes. The only way is to win the superbowl. If chiefs win it will go down as a big time draft screw up.

What if Solly gets the game winning sack?

Then obviously kyle will be redeemed.
It's so dumb with a show like Undisputed - Shannon Sharpe/Sh!t Bayless (or other such shows). At least today for example, they talk about Kyle like all he's doing is getting the game plans and playcalls directly from his dad. They're literally saying that. But since they never discuss the Niners at all except for the fact of being in SB, there's mostly ignorance and stupidity. Sharpe oughtta know better having played for Mike Shanahan. They act like he's just sitting there watching game and practice video telling Kyle everything to do. He does offer advice but the fact KS is a self-made football coach with his own ideas totally escapes these overhyped sports media "stars". It's really annoying AF.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Jan 27, 2020 at 11:39 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:



On thing I liked about Jimmy Raye was his game planning: "Beat the hell out of the other team and win by a point."
Originally posted by ninerjok:
It's so dumb with a show like Undisputed - Shannon Sharpe/Sh!t Bayless (or other such shows). At least today for example, they talk about Kyle like all he's doing is getting the game plans and playcalls directly from his dad. They're literally saying that. But since they never discuss the Niners at all except for the fact of being in SB, there's mostly ignorance and stupidity. Sharpe oughtta know better having played for Mike Shanahan. They act like he's just sitting there watching game and practice video telling Kyle everything to do. He does offer advice but the fact KS is a self-made football coach with his own ideas totally escapes these overhyped sports media "stars". It's really annoying AF.

Shannon and Skip are basically paid actors that spew out hot takes so they can argue on the air for entertainment and ratings. I doubt they believe half of what they say. That's why I ignore shows like that.
Share 49erswebzone