Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by NCommand:
He really needs to add more variety.

Absolutely awesome. Love Coach Shanahan
We have some smart and athletice players to memorize all those blocking schemes. A player who cant remember stuff is something Kyle probably avoids like a plague, even if athletically tremendously talented.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Kyle has a chance to redeem himself for drafting salmon Thomas over mahomes. The only way is to win the superbowl. If chiefs win it will go down as a big time draft screw up.
Originally posted by susweel:
Kyle has a chance to redeem himself for drafting salmon Thomas over mahomes. The only way is to win the superbowl. If chiefs win it will go down as a big time draft screw up.

I think that's a little bit of revisionist history. We were considering Trubisky, Watson, Foster, Thomas, and Lattimore. I don't remember anyone linking us to Mahomes.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Giedi:

We have some smart and athletice players to memorize all those blocking schemes. A player who cant remember stuff is something Kyle probably avoids like a plague, even if athletically tremendously talented.

I think it helped immensely that the same 5 OL returned from the 2018 season. So Kyle was able to build upon what was already laid down as the foundation (outside zone). We saw in week 1 vs TB that the 49ers had reduced the number of outside zone runs and I thought it was because it was so hot that day Kyle didn't want his OL running so much. Little did I know that it was a glimpse of how the running game had evolved.

What if Solly gets the game winning sack?

In the grand scheme of things, it's of little consequence. Too many positives to dwell on that.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Zealot:

What if Solly gets the game winning sack?

Then obviously kyle will be redeemed.
It's so dumb with a show like Undisputed - Shannon Sharpe/Sh!t Bayless (or other such shows). At least today for example, they talk about Kyle like all he's doing is getting the game plans and playcalls directly from his dad. They're literally saying that. But since they never discuss the Niners at all except for the fact of being in SB, there's mostly ignorance and stupidity. Sharpe oughtta know better having played for Mike Shanahan. They act like he's just sitting there watching game and practice video telling Kyle everything to do. He does offer advice but the fact KS is a self-made football coach with his own ideas totally escapes these overhyped sports media "stars". It's really annoying AF.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Jan 27, 2020 at 11:39 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

On thing I liked about Jimmy Raye was his game planning: "Beat the hell out of the other team and win by a point."
Originally posted by ninerjok:
It's so dumb with a show like Undisputed - Shannon Sharpe/Sh!t Bayless (or other such shows). At least today for example, they talk about Kyle like all he's doing is getting the game plans and playcalls directly from his dad. They're literally saying that. But since they never discuss the Niners at all except for the fact of being in SB, there's mostly ignorance and stupidity. Sharpe oughtta know better having played for Mike Shanahan. They act like he's just sitting there watching game and practice video telling Kyle everything to do. He does offer advice but the fact KS is a self-made football coach with his own ideas totally escapes these overhyped sports media "stars". It's really annoying AF.

Shannon and Skip are basically paid actors that spew out hot takes so they can argue on the air for entertainment and ratings. I doubt they believe half of what they say. That's why I ignore shows like that.

What does he think this is? Madden?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Giedi:

I think it helped immensely that the same 5 OL returned from the 2018 season. So Kyle was able to build upon what was already laid down as the foundation (outside zone). We saw in week 1 vs TB that the 49ers had reduced the number of outside zone runs and I thought it was because it was so hot that day Kyle didn't want his OL running so much. Little did I know that it was a glimpse of how the running game had evolved.

Agree, but got to admit Juczszck's Harvard education helps him memorize all his blocking and pass route assignments.

But yeah, the OLine (outside of Staley) is pretty young. If they can continue and have stability there, with Jalen Hurd healthy, Trent taylor, etc.. this offense can get better. Once you have an elite running and passing attack, you have an offense nobody can stop.
Originally posted by Bigfishrider:

Shannon and Skip are basically paid actors that spew out hot takes so they can argue on the air for entertainment and ratings. I doubt they believe half of what they say. That's why I ignore shows like that.

Yeah, basically soap opera for men.
Then obviously kyle will be redeemed.

Are they for real??

Holy crap that is baiting to the 10000th degree! If it were as easy as having a guy whispering in your ear, there'd be so many great coaches in the league.

Freaking idiots. Shanahan laid down the foundation, but it's a very real possibility his son has surpassed him as far as offensive game planning/play calling. Having someone to bounce ideas off of is perfectly natural for any top performer in any field, not just sports.

Idiots.
Share 49ersWebzone