There are 170 users in the forums

Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨

Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Kyle, you are a god. Sorry that I questioned your quality!
Originally posted by NCommand:
I did have a question. Twice, neither Kyle nor Garoppolo reminded Deebo to stay in bounds, stopping the clock twice for NO.

How does that happen? That damn near cost us the game.

Remember Deebo had a shoulder injury a few games earlier. I wonder if he's not wanting to put anymore hit on it if he doesn't have to.

After theses couple of years with injuries, I'm sure some of these guys are playing through injuries.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 9, 2019 at 10:05 AM ]
I was worried about this being a close game.

The small sample size of close game losses to quality opponents got to me, I admit I made some snap judgments.

Now I just wonder how many rabbits this guy can stuff into a hat...
SO is he good at calling plays again?

4th & 2 calls a TO and makes the correct play. choice route to Kittle while Sanders/Bourne run clear out routes in man-to-man.

Boom 50+ yard pay all said and done
Bump.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
This was a much better PASS PLAY on 4th down compare to the one from the Baltimore game.

Just the fact that it was a quick play already made it a better call... The fact that it was a pattern TO THE OUTSIDE, made it even a better play..

Jimmy (thus far) is all about timing (IMO)... you drop him back and allow him to release that ball on a quick read and he's awesome, but when you drop him back and allow him to scan the whole field, that's when he gets trouble..
Innovator.
Just realized that if the team can win out and go 14-2 it will bring Shanny's record to .500 over three seasons at 24-24.
Originally posted by captveg:
Just realized that if the team can win out and go 14-2 it will bring Shanny's record to .500 over three seasons at 24-24.

That's cool and all but me personally wouldn't care if he was 12-36 at season end. If people can't see he is gonna be a great coach they aren't paying attention
Our guy is addicted.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/131836-transcript-shanahan-discusses-49ers-saints-garoppolo-mostert-injuries-playoffs/

"It's why we do this. It's fun, not always in the heat of battle. We're as tight as probably just as everyone else watching it, but maybe less because at least we get to do something about it. My wife just sits there miserable and stressed out the whole time. It's fun, a lot of fun, it's kind of why you do this. It's kind of what I said as why when coaches do that stuff that's why they want to retire and take a year off because their heart hurts probably, but it's also why after two weeks off you're like I've got to get back because you get addicted to that type of stuff and it's a lot of fun.

• Giedi
  • Veteran

Originally posted by 9moon:
This was a much better PASS PLAY on 4th down compare to the one from the Baltimore game.

Just the fact that it was a quick play already made it a better call... The fact that it was a pattern TO THE OUTSIDE, made it even a better play..

Jimmy (thus far) is all about timing (IMO)... you drop him back and allow him to release that ball on a quick read and he's awesome, but when you drop him back and allow him to scan the whole field, that's when he gets trouble..

it was a choice route, it was up to kittle to read the coverage and make the decision to run in or out
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

That's cool and all but me personally wouldn't care if he was 12-36 at season end. If people can't see he is gonna be a great coach they aren't paying attention

This

And how do 23$ feel he isn't???
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

I like this kinda party #BookIt
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Giedi:

I like this kinda party #BookIt

Even better if we get a Lombardi!
Share 49erswebzone