There are 171 users in the forums

Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨

Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Needed someone like Trent Taylor for that critical 3rd down conversion, short yardage. He has the smart, quickness, toughness missing dimension from the group.

He's very important to their 3rd down packages. Some people seem to refuse to believe this for whatever reason.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Needed someone like Trent Taylor for that critical 3rd down conversion, short yardage. He has the smart, quickness, toughness missing dimension from the group.

He's very important to their 3rd down packages. Some people seem to refuse to believe this for whatever reason.

Because he's not 9'6", 223 lbs and cant run a 4.01 forty with a 98" wingspan.
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by pete98146:
I am complaining! It was definitely a oh oh oh oh that's great moment but fact of the matter is it was a very low percentage pass that Deebo had to make the perfect play to score. I question the call in the first place.

I'm still REALLY upset at the other pivotal 4th and 1 play call. You know it's a poor weather day, you know that Mostert is having a career day, you know that McGlinch is playing out of his mind. Kyle decided to get cute and go away from the percentage play. To add insult, you drop Jimmy into the shotgun which alerts the Ravens that you ARE passing the ball. Wouldn't it have been much better to pass under center instead? Also Baltimore has a very good defense, they are playing at home in a noisy stadium and Kittle is injured and hadn't been super productive all day long.

I'm sorry but it was a bone headed call. We desperately need to convert these downs and it will be even more important moving forward.

I don't see good game management on either of these plays. Yes Deebo made an impossible grab and bailed Kyle out, but still. I don't like what I'm seeing here. Kyle is not putting us in the best position to win.

Trust me, I love Kyle but he still has a lot to learn.

I totally agree,it was a dumb dumb decision along with the playcalling at the end of the first half...his decisions has cost us 2 losses

There was another 4th down or 3rd and 1 pass he did where we got a PI call in our favor.

Why doesn't this guy ever stick to the run game?
When a D lineman knocks the pass down it doesn't make much difference who the receiver is. I would have preferred a pass on the edge since the Ravens seemed more vulnerable there than in the middle but they call the plays based on what the see from the defense at the time.

This x a million

If we had him for that last play we'd of won.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Because he's not 9'6", 223 lbs and cant run a 4.01 forty with a 98" wingspan.

Even with those measureables, he better have a 40" vertical or "MeeEE DONT WANTTT"

Yea was really hoping he'd be back. He loved the chains like mad in 2017 when jimmy came in and I just think he would do it again

To bad he won't be back this year
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

This x a million

If we had him for that last play we'd of won.

Agreed.

Richie James could've filled in there or anyone to the outside. Did JG pump fake on that tipped pass?

If Shanny didn't want to run up the middle, why pass to the middle, hence tipped....
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i'm just saying if weather isn't a factor we win. i think we're the better team

I'm curious if the weather wasn't bad, would the Ravens have scored more on us?
Originally posted by Debryune:

lots of ifs and could've.

Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by pete98146:
I am complaining! It was definitely a oh oh oh oh that's great moment but fact of the matter is it was a very low percentage pass that Deebo had to make the perfect play to score. I question the call in the first place.

I'm still REALLY upset at the other pivotal 4th and 1 play call. You know it's a poor weather day, you know that Mostert is having a career day, you know that McGlinch is playing out of his mind. Kyle decided to get cute and go away from the percentage play. To add insult, you drop Jimmy into the shotgun which alerts the Ravens that you ARE passing the ball. Wouldn't it have been much better to pass under center instead? Also Baltimore has a very good defense, they are playing at home in a noisy stadium and Kittle is injured and hadn't been super productive all day long.

I'm sorry but it was a bone headed call. We desperately need to convert these downs and it will be even more important moving forward.

I don't see good game management on either of these plays. Yes Deebo made an impossible grab and bailed Kyle out, but still. I don't like what I'm seeing here. Kyle is not putting us in the best position to win.

Trust me, I love Kyle but he still has a lot to learn.

I totally agree,it was a dumb dumb decision along with the playcalling at the end of the first half...his decisions has cost us 2 losses

There was another 4th down or 3rd and 1 pass he did where we got a PI call in our favor.

Why doesn't this guy ever stick to the run game?

On the one hand, I didn't like how we ended the game not even threatening to run the ball, but on the other hand, I thought the playcall to Deebo on 4th was genius. Not just because it was a TD.

Gould has struggled if conditions aren't perfect this year, and they were too close for a punt to pin them back, so throw a ball right shy of the goal line, and even if it's intercepted, you basically just punted. It worked out better than that, but I couldn't argue that call.

There were other play calls that I wasn't thrilled with. Right before Garoppolo's fumble, I told my wife "I don't like that we're passing backed up to our goal line right now". Then the fumble happened

I'm a KS fan, and I think he will be here a long long time, but there are definitely still areas to improve. I guess that will happen with a young HC learning how to win big games. At least for right now he's getting some experience mid-season instead of in sudden death elimination games.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by Debryune:

lots of ifs and could've.

And a lot of maybes...maybe JG gets a tighter grip on a dry ball and doesn't fumble. Maybe our D doesn't get juked as bad on dry grass. Maybe Mostert rushes for 200+ yards. Maybe we score more on them as well. Maybe we win and not discussing this
Great game today from Kyle. Would have been a long week away from home after a tough loss. Kept the team focused and called an excellent game.

Surprised this thread has dropped so low considering how much he was copping in the game thread.

Wins cure all.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Since his time with Falcons up to now, I reckon Shanny is 2-2 vs Payton / Saints...winning last two
I love kyle!
Share 49erswebzone