LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
What a stubborn motherf**ker kept Coleman in key drives just to go nowhere. We left 4 pts on the board when he decided to feed Coleman instead of Mostert on the goal line

No guarantees Mostert gets in there, opinions are not facts.

Originally posted by 5thSFG:
And f**king started Coleman? What in the f**k????

What does it matter as to who starts? We employ a committee approach and if you get hot you will get fed. Look at the carry numbers, Mostert had more than 3 times as many carries.
  • dj43
"When you are leading the race, never take your foot off the gas."

Shanahan came off a huge game in NOLA and went into neutral today. Had he come out with a continuation of the Saints game this one would not have been close.
[ Edited by dj43 on Dec 15, 2019 at 5:41 PM ]
The play call on 3rd down was good, that was a for sure first down if kittle didn't just do a dumb fumble, yeah I said it a dumb fumble. I only give him a pass because of what he did last week, but to be that caliber of player you don't make those mistakes on game winning drives. That being said, I hoped kyle would've called some time outs to give us a chance to make a play if they scored a td.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
The play call on 3rd down was good, that was a for sure first down if kittle didn't just do a dumb fumble, yeah I said it a dumb fumble. I only give him a pass because of what he did last week, but to be that caliber of player you don't make those mistakes on game winning drives. That being said, I hoped kyle would've called some time outs to give us a chance to make a play if they scored a td.

That was such a bummer, dude played lights out and made one crucial mistake
Originally posted by Thanos89:

This, stuff happens. Kittle is absolutely not the reason we lost today. He's the only offensive player that showed life.

Just a poor overall performance, and from what the announcers were saying Kyle warned his team about this. Not enough I guess.
[ Edited by trogdor on Dec 15, 2019 at 5:46 PM ]
The clock management at the end of the first half was horrible.

By letting the clock run down to 30 seconds then taking the timeout you ensure its going to be a pass play because if your stopped short on a run there might not be enough to to get the field goal unit out there.

Then you force it to your best player and don't even give him a shot.

It was piss poor coaching and the two minute drill is consistently being run badly every game. This is just the first time it's killed us.
Originally posted by trogdor:

This, stuff happens. Kittle is absolutely not the reason we lost today. He's the only offensive player that showed life.

Just a poor overall performance, and from what the announcers were saying Kyle warned his team about this. Not enough I guess.

It does seem to happen allot to this team though. If Pettis catches it against seattle, if Kittle catches it against Atlanta, there has been a few others that could of iced games as well and kept them from getting as close as they did. Seemed like Mostert was doing well against a worn down Atl defense when they werent running directly at Jerret. Shanny's aggressiveness doesnt always take into account the risk of everything not going as intended. Great play calls but no factoring in the risk of not making a catch vs a hand off.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Dec 15, 2019 at 5:53 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

I actually forgot about this and you're completely right.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
It does seem to happen allot to this team though. If Pettis catches it against seattle, if Kittle catches it against Atlanta, there has been a few others that could of iced games as well and kept them from getting as close as they did. Seemed like Mostert was doing well against a worn down Atl defense when they werent running directly at Jerret. Shanny's aggressiveness doesnt always take into account the risk of everything not going as intended. Great play calls but no factoring in the risk of not making a catch vs a hand off.

In the long run (over a few seasons) putting trust in your players to execute is usually the right move, even if growing pains hurt in the short run. So I get why Shanny puts it in his players hands on riskier plays here and there.
[ Edited by captveg on Dec 15, 2019 at 6:05 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:

In the long run (over a few seasons) putting trust in your players to execute is usually the right move, even if growing pains hurt in the short run. So I get why Shanny puts it in his players hands on riskier plays here and there.

True, and shanny is definitely a players coach and placing his trust in them at all times. See Juice on those two plays before the TD or continually giving WRs chances after multiple drops. As a fan its just hard to watch the coaches put faith in the most suspect units rather than falling back on what is supposed to be the strength of the team with the running game.

I'd just love to watch this team run it down another teams throat to ice the game. Only one time this season comes to memory compared to the times Shanny gets cute with it.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Dec 15, 2019 at 6:13 PM ]

Questionable clock management again. Not sure why shanahan senior isn't teaching junior how to learn from those mistakes.

Had kittle not fumbled that last catch we would have gotten the first then a W

Does anyone know why we didn't get the ball to a WR until the end of the 3rd quarter? That's ridiculous for an offense like this.

True, and shanny is definitely a players coach and placing his trust in them at all times. See Juice on those two plays before the TD or continually giving WRs chances after multiple drops. As a fan its just hard to watch the coaches put faith in the most suspect units rather than falling back on what is supposed to be the strength of the team with the running game.

I'd just love to watch this team run it down another teams throat to ice the game. Only one time this season comes to memory compared to the times Shanny gets cute with it.

the only thing here is that it wasn't even a risky play. The defender didn't even touch kittle, he just plain fumbled the ball lol...the first thing that flashed in my head was like the butt fumble... just a wtf play was that....but like I said I give him a pass because of last week, just don't expect those type of plays from his caliber of player.
Originally posted by stefano89:
Questionable clock management again. Not sure why shanahan senior isn't teaching junior how to learn from those mistakes.

Had kittle not fumbled that last catch we would have gotten the first then a W

Does anyone know why we didn't get the ball to a WR until the end of the 3rd quarter? That's ridiculous for an offense like this.

Its the QB that gets the ball into the WR's hands.

the only thing here is that it wasn't even a risky play. The defender didn't even touch kittle, he just plain fumbled the ball lol...the first thing that flashed in my head was like the butt fumble... just a wtf play was that....but like I said I give him a pass because of last week, just don't expect those type of plays from his caliber of player.

True. Even great players don't win 100% of the plays they attempt. I know if I'm a coach I'm trusting Kittle there 99/100. This was the 1/100 he does that fumble on.
[ Edited by captveg on Dec 15, 2019 at 6:19 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by trogdor:

IT should have been KYLE's responsible IMO... SINCE he had a feeling that we may NOT show up, then why allow it to happen..

I still say it was his playcalling that doomed us.. i mean, ALL 3 LOSSES, it was because of his PLAY CALLING..
Share 49ersWebzone