There are 225 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by ColorMeBaddFan:
Originally posted by Niners816:
Today is the most points since 55 put up against Detroit in 1993.....playcaller that day: Mike Shanahan

Not discounting Kyle at all, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mike is reviewing some film himself and giving out some pointers, more than a few in fact.

Kyle did mentioned that he asked his father to do somethings at times, but I don't think it's like that. It's mostly Kyle and his crew doing the time in the foxhole
Not discounting Kyle at all, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mike is reviewing some film himself and giving out some pointers, more than a few in fact.

Free consulting
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Today is the most points since 55 put up against Detroit in 1993.....playcaller that day: Mike Shanahan

Kyle did mentioned that he asked his father to do somethings at times, but I don't think it's like that. It's mostly Kyle and his crew doing the time in the foxhole

Everybody gets advice, good advice, bad advice etc. it's what your doing with it that matters.
Haha.....I have receipts. He's cool though and it's a fun little twitter discussion group. I just always found it pretty cool how the third year seems to be the go year.

Is Coach Yac a Zoner?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
There is so much that a defense has to gameplan for vs this 49er run game. The only thing that is missing is the zone read concepts, but they've even showed that a couple times this season.

You a fan of them doing that with Jimmy G?
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Everybody gets advice, good advice, bad advice etc. it's what your doing with it that matters.

He said early on he would asked his father on some of the head coaching situations that came up, and how to deal with it. Not specifically game film or scheme
This guy is a genius. He's freaking gashing teams in the run game with undrafted backs, 4th and 5th string tackles and some cast off interior linemen. I've never seen a run game like this in the NFL, only in college football do you usually see something like this.
Kyle's game plan to attack Keuchly reminds me of Walsh messing with Singletary when he play MLB for the Bears

The more things changed, the more they stayed the same
Originally posted by sacniner:
Is Coach Yac a Zoner?

I think he told me he lurks
Originally posted by sacniner:
Is Coach Yac a Zoner?

I think he told me he lurks

Nice... he is a good follow on Twitter

For years, and especially after SB51, there was so much online trashing of Kyle for being arrogant, not getting along with players, his head coaches, management, ownership, whoever. Trashing by losers who could not avoid recognizing Kyle's play-calling brilliance and had to take him down some other way.

So how sweet it is to watch Kyle put together a team with such heart, that plays hard for him through lost seasons, that plays to win rather than for personal glory. And how wild is it to watch this team have so much fun playing for Kyle, and with such respect?
I bet the Falcons wish they had Kyle back as their HC.
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
I bet the Falcons wish they had Kyle back as their HC.

I think Kyle wants some payback against them for all the blame he got for the Superbowl.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Is it too early to say as long as we have Kyle, Jimmy G, Kittle, Bosa and Buckner, we'll continue to be good for awhile?

Or should I stay quiet and knock on the wood?
Share 49ersWebzone