LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by thl408:
Neutral situations is non-two minute drill situations since teams tend to hurry up at those times. I'm more interested in what it means to be "fast" or "slow". Snapping the ball with 15+ seconds on the playclock?

Its plays per second so you rank higher the faster you snap the football.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Neutral situations is non-two minute drill situations since teams tend to hurry up at those times. I'm more interested in what it means to be "fast" or "slow". Snapping the ball with 15+ seconds on the playclock?

Yeah that makes sense, time left on playclock. Kind of amazing considering how long the playcalls are, word-wise, and how there is almost always pre-snap motion.

Yeah that makes sense, time left on playclock. Kind of amazing considering how long the playcalls are, word-wise, and how there is almost always pre-snap motion.

I miss the days when Sing had to wait for Paraag to climb over a sleeping Jimmy Raye to call down the play from the OC's booth.
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
I miss the days when Sing had to wait for Paraag to climb over a sleeping Jimmy Raye to call down the play from the OC's booth.

Lol...can just imagine Marathe waiting for Jimmy Raye to nod off and then busting out his Madden playbook crib sheet.

Lol...can just imagine Marathe waiting for Jimmy Raye to nod off and then busting out his Madden playbook crib sheet.

Paraag was, on Jed's orders, trying to force in plays based on stats (down & distance, time in the game, score differential). All based on the analytics bug that he and Jed had that started with Dr. Daddy.

....and in the meantime, Sings on the headset yelling about wanting plays that are "physical with an F". Sing revolutionizing the game with his 10 man formations "Can't Do it......."

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

For being their home opener that crowd in Cincinatti was sparse.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

For being their home opener that crowd in Cincinatti was sparse.

Warner hype af lol, "It's a home game" ... AA got Warner doing the belly rub too
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:
We've now seen 10 games with Jimmy as starter. Here's the results:

PPG - 28.9
Ypg - 395.5
Pass - 257.7
Rush - 137.8

Just for some perspective, here are what Joe and Steve's numbers looked like as our starter (now different era but it's still a neat comparison)
Originally posted by Niners816:
So I was bored at work today and ran the offensive numbers for the dynasty years through excel

Joe Montana (1981 thru 1990)
Points per game - 25.7
Yards per game - 379.9
Pass per game - 248.7
Rush per game - 131.2
Record (99-34)

Steve Young (1991 thru 1999)
Points per game - 27.4
Yards per game - 376.6
Pass per game - 248.1
Rush per game - 128.5
Record (84-30)

Take note that these numbers are for games they started and doesn't really take in account if they got hurt or sat some plays out. For the most part though I feel like it kinda captures what we were lucky to see for almost 20 years.

Wow. Those years were the dynasty years!

The nice thing about this is that Kyle's coaching career is just beginning, and he can only get better.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:
Interesting stats. But still a bit apples v oranges in different eras.

If they are properly comparable then Jimmy is ahead of the games.

Through is our team is starting to gel and is bolstered with top level talent in most areas. Kyle is now making it more complex in offense and Salah is doing the same in defense. JG's stats will be boosted with the excellent play calling. Masks his rustiness. Like JG said on Sunday, Kyle makes it easy for him. True.
If Kyle can master the Belichick way of capanomics, Kyle can field a dynasty for a long time. Somehow Bellicheat's been able to maintain a super bowl level team despite losing so many stars. My biggest unknown with regards to Kyle was his defensive chops, but that looks pretty good - with him being able to trade for Dee Ford and draft Bosa. Now, the next place Kyle needs to show his stuff is mastering the Cap - a la Bellicheat.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Through is our team is starting to gel and is bolstered with top level talent in most areas. Kyle is now making it more complex in offense and Salah is doing the same in defense. JG's stats will be boosted with the excellent play calling. Masks his rustiness. Like JG said on Sunday, Kyle makes it easy for him. True.
If Kyle can master the Belichick way of capanomics, Kyle can field a dynasty for a long time. Somehow Bellicheat's been able to maintain a super bowl level team despite losing so many stars. My biggest unknown with regards to Kyle was his defensive chops, but that looks pretty good - with him being able to trade for Dee Ford and draft Bosa. Now, the next place Kyle needs to show his stuff is mastering the Cap - a la Bellicheat.

Agreed. We are going to find out a lot about their ability to manage cap in the next 3 to 4 offseasons. We are going to have some guys that are due a big payday or just guys that could get a decent extension. AA's deal is up and a decision will have to be made. They need to extend Buckner. Kittle, Breida, and Mullens's deals are up after next year. Fortunately, the top dollar positions have already been paid (DE, tackle, and QB) and the other guys at those positions (MM and Bosa) are at the start of rookie deals. We should also be done with spending excessive money on unproductive players. Jimmy Ward will finally be gone (I hope). McKinnon should be taking a restructured deal next year. I didn't like AA's option being picked up, but can't complain about him thus far.

We have a Dline that will make + Kwon that will make our overall D look great. I say keep adding to that pass rush, yearly, and let some guys move on. The forecast for the next few years is pretty much, provided that every perceived position of strength remains that way.

Agree

Most impressive when you consider that the Pats pick almost at the end of each draft round and still manage to stay on top.

You need your QB to marry someone that makes much more than him so he is willing to take a pay cut. The Brady effect.

IMO NE's strength there is that Belichick has a good and realistic baseline of what he wants for each position. His requirements make it relatively easy to find matches and give his coaches players that can realistically contribute each week.

Lynch and Shanahan have that blueprint too, but I think they've been much more aggressive (a la Mike Shanahan) in their baseline for desired players. Part of that is because they had the draft capital and cap space. So, we will see how they do it when they need to shop at a dollar store and find something useful. How they deal with LT in the coming games should offer some clues.
[ Edited by zonkers on Sep 21, 2019 at 7:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone