LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Not the first time the Niners kept 3 QBs on the roster.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think they'd trade CJ, but not Nick.

It would be a tough one cause I'm pretty sure Mullens has more trade value around the league. I'm not sure CJ would net anything
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by FaTaL:

Him and his ego

cant even admit beatherd sucks

👎
It isn't Shanny's ego that is the problem in this instance.

whatever it is. can not understand what the coach can not see that alot of us does see, on the other hand. he called a good game last night and was a big help to jimmy

Beathard and Mullens are both assets. Why would he get rid of one unless its via trade?
Originally posted by 49ers808:
It would be a tough one cause I'm pretty sure Mullens has more trade value around the league. I'm not sure CJ would net anything

The Packers liked Beathard too. They would probably be interested.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think they'd trade CJ, but not Nick.

Kind of looks that way.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by FaTaL:

Him and his ego

cant even admit beatherd sucks

👎
It isn't Shanny's ego that is the problem in this instance.

whatever it is. can not understand what the coach can not see that alot of us does see, on the other hand. he called a good game last night and was a big help to jimmy

Beathard and Mullens are both assets. Why would he get rid of one unless its via trade?

In what way is Beathard an asset? He's lost almost every game he's ever played in the NFL. Being "tough" without any other QB skill set is not an asset.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I can see them wanting to keep 3 to hedge against a Jimmy injury again. Also, if another team has a QB injury after the season starts I could see the trade value for either Mullens or Beathard being even better that it is now. It would be hard to lose a quality NFL player at another position though, just to keep CJ around 'in case'. Tough call.

I'm hoping they can package a deal where its CJ and a DLineman, or WR. If they can get an extra 7th rounder, or OLine help, that would be an ideal world. I think Mullens and Wilton as #2 and #3 is still a pretty strong bull penn.
I knew Beathard wasn't going to get cut.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I can see them wanting to keep 3 to hedge against a Jimmy injury again. Also, if another team has a QB injury after the season starts I could see the trade value for either Mullens or Beathard being even better that it is now. It would be hard to lose a quality NFL player at another position though, just to keep CJ around 'in case'. Tough call.
The season is over if jimmy gets hurt so it doesn't really matter
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

This. The key phrase being "give away." Translation-Both Beathard and Mullens are available but only if the price is right.

that 7th round pick for Beathard is pretty important
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Well. One thing is for sure, Kyle squandered away an easy SB win because he couldn't adjust when his RB got injured.

Hopefully a lesson learned to our benefit. Quinn should have put on his big boy HC pants and made a HC decision, though.

Truth. Quinn relying on Shanny to be HC (left out to dry)

There's a lot of truth in this statement. Bellicheat was the defacto defensive coordinator under perkins and he was - at the time - just the special teams coach. Tuna formalized it once Tuna took over form Perkins.
Originally posted by Joecool:
McVay and Reid do one thing better than Kyle: stick with one RB.

Kyle needs to stop this RB committee crap. Alfred Morris was the worst move ever.

they were what? on their 4th string RB last year due to injury....

I think ill give him a pass.....
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

that 7th round pick for Beathard is pretty important
That would be equivalent to a Skule or a Shon Coleman. Then we can use the 1-st through 4th rounds next year entirely for defense, I'm thinking shore up that edge rusher position. P.S. I hope Demontre Moore makes it to the 53.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

I will just respectfully say cj is not an asset
Share 49ersWebzone