LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Best case scenario: you get a Joshua Garnett or Laken Tomlinson back for Nick Mullens.

Not getting anything for CJ Beathard because he's complete garbage. Many teams had an undrafted grade on him.

1- That's not always the case.

2- CJ isn't garbage.

It'll be more enticing if CJ gets packaged with one of the dline guys (can't keep em all) and a WR...

Yup.
Jesus christ, I will go full cciowa if the team trades Mullens, Jimmy goes down and we're forced to watch another full season of CJ "Still Processing" Beathard.

Settle down Hero, not going to happen. We got a FR Qb just off ACL surgery. No way they are going to trade Mullie. No way. Even for a starting OG? Nope.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Another thing Kyle does better than all of the above, makes practice squad guy, rookies and scrubs (on offense) look like NFL talent.

'Zactly
Originally posted by Joecool:
Kyle just better improve red zone scoring.

Men lie, women lie, but analytics don't lie.

LOL. Apparently you've never heard of PFF.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Was listening to one of the podcasts and they brought up an interesting question: take away one of Kyle's strengths and what does he offer?

Strength: play design.

What does he offer as a head coach after this? The guys on the podcast could only think of his ability to connect with the players via his youth.

Let's just say that he has a lot to prove in terms of being a leader of men rather than being a leader of the whiteboard.

I think 95% of NFL teams would love to have Sean McVay as their head coach. Taking away his play design and 95% of NFL teams wouldn't want him. Those same teams would love to have Andy Reid but take away his play design and he would be out of the league. Sean Payton, Matt Nagy, Doug Pederson are in that same boat. The only one who aren't defined by play calling is John Harbaugh & Mike Tomlin. Carroll and Belichick could be more CEO coaches but both are masters on defense.

McVay and Reid do one thing better than Kyle: stick with one RB.

Kyle needs to stop this RB committee crap. Alfred Morris was the worst move ever.

O rly?

SiriusXM NFL Radio invaded Chiefs training camp this past week, with host Gil Brandt leading the charge. The Hall of Fame personnel man interviewed several players and even had a chance to sit down and talk with Andy Reid. During their conversation, Brandt asked about Reid's thoughts on the running back situation and whether it would fair to expect a committee approach.

"I did a little bit of that back when I was in Philadelphia," Reid said. "Kind of a running-back-by-committee deal and we had some success with it. We'll do that here. We ended up drafting a kid there also and then the other Williams (Darrel) isn't bad either. So we've got a couple of Williamses and then Carlos (Hyde) and then we've got a new little guy in there (Darwin Thompson). We've got a good nucleus of players. I think we're going to be good at that spot. And they all have their strengths, and we'll try to exploit their strengths there."

McVay does not use a committee because he inherited Gurley. When you have that type of back you can ride him. A committee approach is not a bad thing, ask Belichick.

He's actually throwing fades to tall receivers this time, so I am confident at least in this regard, we will improve
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Jesus christ, I will go full cciowa if the team trades Mullens, Jimmy goes down and we're forced to watch another full season of CJ "Still Processing" Beathard.

Settle down Hero, not going to happen. We got a FR Qb just off ACL surgery. No way they are going to trade Mullie. No way. Even for a starting OG? Nope.

geez doc, just be honest. you do not want to deal with 2 of me here.lol.. and they better not trade nick and keep cj but cj is kyles boy,. in my opinion. so who knows

Ditto
Originally posted by NCommand:

LOL. Apparently you've never heard of PFF.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Ditto

Tritto!

McVay and Reid do one thing better than Kyle: stick with one RB.

Kyle needs to stop this RB committee crap. Alfred Morris was the worst move ever.

When your backs only last 8 carries you need a committee.
This is gonna change this year.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/23/washington-redskins-2013-coaching-staff-sean-mcvay-kyle-shanahan-matt-lafleur-mike-shanahan-rg3
Originally posted by FL9er:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/23/washington-redskins-2013-coaching-staff-sean-mcvay-kyle-shanahan-matt-lafleur-mike-shanahan-rg3

Good read!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by FL9er:

Good read!

Agree. In a couple of years, if things break for Kyle and the 49ers - half the NFL head coaches will have come from the Shanahan Coaching tree.
Share 49ersWebzone