There are 149 users in the forums

Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Let's get back to Kyle...the mad scientist.

This is another reason why Shanny is daddy, McVay is son...Shanny is teacher, McVay is student
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Can we all agree, this is now firmly and handily Kyle and John's team. No more excuses.

With 2 seasons and three off seasons under their belt, not to mention boat loads of cap space and draft capital- it's put up or shut up!

Wild Card or bust.

Expectations should be 8-8. That's a win coming off of a derailed 2018. Anything more is gravy for 2019.

Wild Card or bust is next year.

Superbowl or bust all day every day
Originally posted by zonkers:
Can we all agree, this is now firmly and handily Kyle and John's team. No more excuses.

With 2 seasons and three off seasons under their belt, not to mention boat loads of cap space and draft capital- it's put up or shut up!

Wild Card or bust.

Expectations should be 8-8. That's a win coming off of a derailed 2018. Anything more is gravy for 2019.

Nope. Context matters.

Wild Card or bust.

Nope. Context matters.

Walsh used to say, "Make the playoffs and anything can happen." So that's my goal for the Niners this year.
Pretty easy to judge how good they will be off the first two games. We win both than 10-6 or better is doable. Split then 7-9 or 8-8 to be expected. Lost both its a dumpster fire at 4-12 like last season.

Wild Card or bust.

Nope. Context matters.

Yeah, I hate to even use this phrase because it evokes some previous bad times but....Meaningful games in December. That is what I am looking for this year. If we are in the hunt down to the end and come up a little short, I find that acceptable. To my mind this is the first year with our "real team". The last two we were an expansion franchise trying to claw our way to a functional pro football team.
Man, that NinersNation podcast was bad/inaccurate this time around. Just the nut-swinging from PFF players (yes, Najee Toran), you can see the fatal flaw in their singular focus and trust in PFF grading. Both Kentavius Street and Damontre Moore were compared as equal ends. One is an actual ER who benefits from a W9 and the other is playing there as a necessity d/t 28 players being inactive AFTER beefing up to close to 300 (my guess) and switching positions to inside. Lord. Then they say you can't gleam much from pre season scheme and then spend 5 minutes focusing on how we played more cover 1 than cover 3 and can expect more of that going forward while completely glossing over the 3 stack linebackers and that we were in W9 the entire game (including base) and how base/nickel are finally married now. At least they added entertainment on the names and pronunciations of Najee Toran and Willie Beavers. LOL
Man, that NinersNation podcast was bad/inaccurate this time around. Just the nut-swinging from PFF players (yes, Najee Toran), you can see the fatal flaw in their singular focus and trust in PFF grading. Both Kentavius Street and Damontre Moore were compared as equal ends. One is an actual ER who benefits from a W9 and the other is playing there as a necessity d/t 28 players being inactive AFTER beefing up to close to 300 (my guess) and switching positions to inside. Lord. Then they say you can't gleam much from pre season scheme and then spend 5 minutes focusing on how we played more cover 1 than cover 3 and can expect more of that going forward while completely glossing over the 3 stack linebackers and that we were in W9 the entire game (including base) and how base/nickel are finally married now. At least they added entertainment on the names and pronunciations of Najee Toran and Willie Beavers. LOL

That podcast is a real hit or miss for me man.
Originally posted by wailers15:

Truth.

Truth.

Yep.

Originally posted by RTFirefly:

Wild Card or bust.

Nope. Context matters.

Walsh used to say, "Make the playoffs and anything can happen." So that's my goal for the Niners this year.

This
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Saleh was blitzing a lot in the Dallas game, I'm pretty certain he won't need to blitz if both Ford and Bosa are healthy.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Saleh was blitzing a lot in the Dallas game, I'm pretty certain he won't need to blitz if both Ford and Bosa are healthy.

Good time to try out those blitzes too. Great teaching points.
Just the fact that saleh actually called blitzes was enough to get me pumped. Even without our 1s, it was exciting to see our blitzes... and for the most part they brot pressure and raised havoc. Just seeing saleh call the blitzes was a huge change for us. A very welcome one.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Pretty easy to judge how good they will be off the first two games. We win both than 10-6 or better is doable. Split then 7-9 or 8-8 to be expected. Lost both its a dumpster fire at 4-12 like last season.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/nfl-teams-overcame-0-2-starts-article-1.2373446
Share 49erswebzone