There are 230 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by cciowa:
I would like kyle to actually coach our team to win a road game. that should not be to much to ask

You won't be waiting too long for that.

Are you sure you would like it though?
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Anyone else get the feeling that Shanny might be getting a little anxious for one of these young guys to step up at WR? I wonder how much patience will be shown before looking outside the organization for an upgrade if the opportunity presents itself.

Obviously Shanny/Lynch aren't too happy with our WR corps. Teams that are happy with their WRs don't spend the offseason desperately trying to trade for a top WR and then spend two of their top three picks on WRs. We can only hope someone steps up, but if no one does it'll probably prevent us from being a playoff team this year. Just look at last year and see how ineffective Jimmy was when his WRs couldn't make plays against the Lions or Vikings.
The 49ers need to give him 5 years to turn this team around. They've done a decent job but this team still has a lot of holes.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Anyone else get the feeling that Shanny might be getting a little anxious for one of these young guys to step up at WR? I wonder how much patience will be shown before looking outside the organization for an upgrade if the opportunity presents itself.

Obviously Shanny/Lynch aren't too happy with our WR corps. Teams that are happy with their WRs don't spend the offseason desperately trying to trade for a top WR and then spend two of their top three picks on WRs. We can only hope someone steps up, but if no one does it'll probably prevent us from being a playoff team this year. Just look at last year and see how ineffective Jimmy was when his WRs couldn't make plays against the Lions or Vikings.

Agree, and another reason for all the WR's chosen in the draft is because they need guys that are more durable. This offense is very QB and WR centric. With Garcon being let go, and Trent being questionable and maybe having a possible career ending injury (glad he's ok now) I understand the need at WR. Would have liked an OLineman with the Hurd pick but it is what it is. Hope it all works out.
Originally posted by NCommand:

More 21 personnel coming?!
Originally posted by Heroism:
More 21 personnel coming?!

Exciting or nah?
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Exciting or nah?

It's exciting to me. A normal 21 personnel would be boring, but a Kyle-Shanahan-led 21 personnel with hyper-versatile players at FB, RB and TE is very exciting. This is high-level chess being played by Shanny.

This is an opportunity for the WRs to step up. There's only 2 on the field in 21 personnel. It would be nice if those 2 never had to leave the field regardless of down, distance or situation.
It's exciting to me. A normal 21 personnel would be boring, but a Kyle-Shanahan-led 21 personnel with hyper-versatile players at FB, RB and TE is very exciting. This is high-level chess being played by Shanny.

This is an opportunity for the WRs to step up. There's only 2 on the field in 21 personnel. It would be nice if those 2 never had to leave the field regardless of down, distance or situation.

Wound be hard to predict what was going to happen, I'm down!
Wound be hard to predict what was going to happen, I'm down!

Exactly!

Exciting or nah?

21 is only boring if you have a big slow FB and a big slow TE.
  • thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:

This division is going to be something. ARI hinting at going 4WR as their primary personnel forcing opponents to field 4 CBs. SF going 21 forcing opponents to field 3 LBs. Imagine being the SEA/LAR and gameplanning for ARI/SF back to back weeks (if the schedule lined up like that).
  • evil
  • Veteran
Exciting or nah?

Originally posted by evil:

Yesssssssss

Originally posted by thl408:
This division is going to be something. ARI hinting at going 4WR as their primary personnel forcing opponents to field 4 CBs. SF going 21 forcing opponents to field 3 LBs. Imagine being the SEA/LAR and gameplanning for ARI/SF back to back weeks (if the schedule lined up like that).

NC told me that Hurd has said that he's being groomed as a Z, F and Zebra. For those not familiar, the Zebra is an old school WCO position that replaces the FB and can be moved all around the formation. Here's an example for Kyle's dad PB:

Technically the Zebra is a WR so it's 11 personnel but how they are envisioning Hurd really muddies things up and I love it.
Share 49ersWebzone