There are 209 users in the forums

Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨

Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
The only problem...which 49ers RB to draft for my FF team

Million dollar question lol....I think all three will have value as a flex play (PPR) I'm gonna go for Coleman though.
The 2nd half of the season, when Deebo and Hurd settled into their positions on the offense. Like what Pettis went through. Kyle's offense gonna be sick. And just in time for the playoffs maybe
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
The 2nd half of the season, when Deebo and Hurd settled into their positions on the offense. Like what Pettis went through. Kyle's offense gonna be sick. And just in time for the playoffs maybe

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Cousins has the better arm. I think Jimmy is better tho. No one has a more quick release than he does.

I'd rather have a quick release than a strong arm in Shannys system. With a strong arm, the only difference is Kyle will incorporate more play action.

The WCO's sweet spot is that intermediate range passing, that's why Nick did a credible job as a QB last year despite his arm being a bit below average.

I think the current QB squad is strong and deep, and a Cousins trade takes too much draft capital out of other needed investments better used like on the OLine or Secondary.

Agreed 100%

I don't see Cousins having the better arm... Our offense just does not call for Jimmy to throw often downfield..
I was just thinking that Kyle must be squirtin' waiting for this season to start with Jimmy and the backs coming back from injury and a couple of new receivers to play with. Not to mention Kittle and Pettis with a year under their belt. As disappointing as last year was to us fans it had to be crushing for him. Screw the summer. Bring on football season.
I don't think Kyle will be fired if he doesn't have a good season W/L wise, but I think he will start to the lose the locker room if he we don't win at least 8 games this year. People will start to question his methods, at least I think so.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I don't think Kyle will be fired if he doesn't have a good season W/L wise, but I think he will start to the lose the locker room if he we don't win at least 8 games this year. People will start to question his methods, at least I think so.

Only way that happens is if we get injured badly again, otherwise this is a 10 win team
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Only way that happens is if we get injured badly again, otherwise this is a 10 win team

Preach
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Numbers don't lie...SF's offensive scheme is all about YAC

"YAC+ went west in 2018, with the top three offenses all coming out of those two divisions. And when you think of record-setting offensive performances from the west in 2018, you obviously think of none other than the…

... San Francisco 49ers, who nearly lapped the league with a +1.8 YAC+."

The offensive talent is such a great fit for this too. Jimmy G stays on the field and this O is gonna roll

Million dollar question lol....I think all three will have value as a flex play (PPR) I'm gonna go for Coleman though.

I'm in a dynasty league and somehow now have Coleman, McKinnon and Breida. I have a funny feeling McKinnon will be inactive on game days until week 5. Just let him fully heal and have Coleman, Breida and Mostert hold it down

Nice to be optimistic but 10 wins? I see at least 9 games on our schedule that we will be underdogs. Let's say we win one or two of those. That would be 9-7 if we don't blow any of the other 7 games that we will probably be favored to win. That's not likely in the NFL. I'd love to see 10 wins but that's asking a lot from a team with so many question marks.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

I'm in a dynasty league and somehow now have Coleman, McKinnon and Breida. I have a funny feeling McKinnon will be inactive on game days until week 5. Just let him fully heal and have Coleman, Breida and Mostert hold it down

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Nice to be optimistic but 10 wins? I see at least 9 games on our schedule that we will be underdogs. Let's say we win one or two of those. That would be 9-7 if we don't blow any of the other 7 games that we will probably be favored to win. That's not likely in the NFL. I'd love to see 10 wins but that's asking a lot from a team with so many question marks.

Agree. Until the team actually wins 10+ games, they are what they are last year - with just better personnel. Having said that, I'm really optimistic this season that we'll win more games than last year.

Coleman cause he will be the only one to survive the grind.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I wonder what BeatHard is doing? If he's not fighting for his job, well, he might not have a job.

I love Jimmy's work ethic though.

Samuel shared his first impressions of Jimmy Garoppolo. "Great. He's looking pretty good. Even though the vets are gone, he's here every day and all day, even during rehab. His daily routine before practice is the same; he gets the guys going.
https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/6/20/18693140/deebo-samuel-on-jimmy-garoppolos-work-ethic-even-though-the-vets-are-gone-hes-still-here-all-day
Share 49erswebzone