There are 143 users in the forums

Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Cousins has the better arm. I think Jimmy is better tho. No one has a more quick release than he does.

I'd rather have a quick release than a strong arm in Shannys system. With a strong arm, the only difference is Kyle will incorporate more play action.

The WCO's sweet spot is that intermediate range passing, that's why Nick did a credible job as a QB last year despite his arm being a bit below average.

I think the current QB squad is strong and deep, and a Cousins trade takes too much draft capital out of other needed investments better used like on the OLine or Secondary.

Agree and not just quick release but quick reads. The issue about using more capital at QB? Lilke Giedi above, just makes no sense. As far as Jimmy suddenly becoming an overnight lousy QB....not happening.

Regarding quick reads, I hope that Shanahan senior will have had a great effect on that, considering that Shanahan Senior was one hell of an offensive coordinator in his own right, prior to winning two super bowls and being a big part of a third. One of the things that make tom brady so effective is that Tom studies not only the defense but the defensive coordinators too.

If you know what a DC likes to call in certain situations, your reads become many times quicker than if you had to actually read and go through your progressions.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Really concur with the bolded! FFS, more Niner fans are bearish on Jimmy than they ever were with Kaepernick.....it's nauseating af.

Think Kirk would be fine here too. But a lot of that is not just success previously with Kyle, but just Kyle in general.

Shanahan is an amazing QB centric HC......my buddy who is a Redskins fan with a very sharp mind was talking up Kyle as a genius way back in 2013. He knew back then that Kyle was the reason for RG3's early success. I wish we had Kyle before Harbaugh left the team.
Yeah I think Jimmy G will be fine...he's gonna have his lumps this yr because he simply hasn't had the snaps overall. Fans gotta be patient with him and I don't think they will be because of his paycheck.

Last yr was suppose to be his learning season and grasping the playbook (like Matt Ryan had his 1st season with Kyle) Jimmy G was robbed of that.

Getting hurt early in the season was a blessing overall, but he didn't have much time to rock the scheme either.

I understand your point because Jimmy didn't have the physical Reps that Mullens had. But personally, I think he'll have an easier time of it because he had to be on the bench. Look at what Mahomes did from first year to second with being on the bench. In other words, a lot of QBing is between the ears and being able to mentally process what is going on. The reps are important, don't get me wrong, but it's the ability to see the windows is more important than the reps. A lot of times a rookie like Alex Smith would be thrown into the fire and lose his confidence because of not being able to see the windows and losing that confidence takes a while to get back. Guys like Mullens and Jimmy, if they can see the windows, the physical part is a piece of cake.

Numbers don't lie...SF's offensive scheme is all about YAC

"YAC+ went west in 2018, with the top three offenses all coming out of those two divisions. And when you think of record-setting offensive performances from the west in 2018, you obviously think of none other than the…

... San Francisco 49ers, who nearly lapped the league with a +1.8 YAC+."

"YAC+ went west in 2018, with the top three offenses all coming out of those two divisions. And when you think of record-setting offensive performances from the west in 2018, you obviously think of none other than the…

W. C. O.
Originally posted by Niners816:

W. C. O.

No doubt, I mean I feel like Kyle's almost next level though. Other teams run the WCO and he's getting almost 2x the YAC
No doubt, I mean I feel like Kyle's almost next level though. Other teams run the WCO and he's getting almost 2x the YAC

It's fun to watch....even when Homer and CJ were s**tting the bed in 2017 you could still see dudes just wide open. It's not a fluke that when the QB has been good the offense has been crazy explosive. Imagine what an offense looks like healthy👀

It's fun to watch....even when Homer and CJ were s**tting the bed in 2017 you could still see dudes just wide open. It's not a fluke that when the QB has been good the offense has been crazy explosive. Imagine what an offense looks like healthy👀

Debbo.
Dante.
Kittle.
McKinnon/Brieda/Coleman.
Juicy J.
Jimmy G.
Kyle.
Who the hell is going to stop that? Playoffs.

Im so excited.

hell yeah!

Originally posted by WINiner:

Im so excited.

And I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by WINiner:

Im so excited.

And I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.

I think this season could be like 11. I can't effin wait man. Super excited.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:

The only problem...which 49ers RB to draft for my FF team
Originally posted by sacniner:
Debbo.
Dante.
Kittle.
McKinnon/Brieda/Coleman.
Juicy J.
Jimmy G.
Kyle.
Who the hell is going to stop that? Playoffs.

The team doctor.
Share 49erswebzone