There are 261 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by mojave45:
Saying he hasn't won the big one "yet" assumes he will. That's ignoring his history and projecting something he hasn't shown he can do. His regidity in his approach and history doesn't lead to a lot of confidence to assume he will ever be more than he is. He is a very good football coach. He isn't a visionary,he isn't creative, and he hasn't won that"big one" at any level. He is an upper tier coach at the college level. That's all.

jesus. its like alot of you guys are soo in love with kyle.. you want to erase those three wonderful years jh had with us. i was and still am mad as hell we could not win the super bowl.. but for three years we actually were relevant and were considered an elite football team. jh put us in the upper tier of the nfl for three years. kyle has put is in the bottom tier... and spare me. context and big picture... i go by what JH DID and what kyle has DONE so far. kyle could lead us to another 4 or 5 win season this year and some of you will still be running around tearing down jim to continue to prop up kyle

let me know when Kyle wins NFL coach of the year
Originally posted by SoCold:
Kyle is a young unproven HC. Has a young unproven DC and GM.

Look at Sean Mcvay. He's got the advantage of Wade who's been coaching longer than Kyle and Sean have been alive.

Maybe if things don't turn around this season Kyle needs an OG type DC to help him out?

I could see something like this happening if the defense continues to faulter.
jesus. its like alot of you guys are soo in love with kyle.. you want to erase those three wonderful years jh had with us. i was and still am mad as hell we could not win the super bowl.. but for three years we actually were relevant and were considered an elite football team. jh put us in the upper tier of the nfl for three years. kyle has put is in the bottom tier... and spare me. context and big picture... i go by what JH DID and what kyle has DONE so far. kyle could lead us to another 4 or 5 win season this year and some of you will still be running around tearing down jim to continue to prop up kyle

C'mon man the team Harbs inherited was 4-5 seasons into a rebuild with the a defense that was showing signs of life (4th vs points in '09). Prior 2
Seasons before Harbs was 8-8 and 6-10. It's wasnt close to being the 2-14 team with a franchise worse defense Kyle took over.

Their staring situations weren't even close to being the same.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jul 1, 2019 at 10:01 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Saying he hasn't won the big one "yet" assumes he will. That's ignoring his history and projecting something he hasn't shown he can do. His regidity in his approach and history doesn't lead to a lot of confidence to assume he will ever be more than he is. He is a very good football coach. He isn't a visionary,he isn't creative, and he hasn't won that"big one" at any level. He is an upper tier coach at the college level. That's all.

let me know when Kyle wins NFL coach of the year
is it to much to ask he get us 7 wins at least before we can start putting him in the same circles as those who took us to the super bowl.
Originally posted by Niners816:
Kyle is a young unproven HC. Has a young unproven DC and GM.

Look at Sean Mcvay. He's got the advantage of Wade who's been coaching longer than Kyle and Sean have been alive.

Maybe if things don't turn around this season Kyle needs an OG type DC to help him out?

I could see something like this happening if the defense continues to faulter.

100%. Better late than never.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
C'mon man the team Harbs inherited was 4-5 seasons into a rebuild with the a defense that was showing signs of life (4th vs points in '09). Prior 2
Seasons before Harbs was 8-8 and 6-10. It's wasnt close to being the 2-14 team with a franchise worse defense Kyle took over.

the two coaches before jh basically had the same roster before he was here. he put in a system. he made them believe and hired coaches who coached and taught everyone to be better, no matter the youth or injury excuse you use. we have been a very poor tackling team and not ready to play games esp road games under kyle. thats on coaching..
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
Originally posted by genus49:
This.

I can assure you Walsh or Belichick wouldn't have lost that SB to the Ravens with the talent we had. Especially not with the inside info they would've had coaching against their own brother.

When Walsh or Belichick have a talent advantage they don't lose games to inferior rosters.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion, I'd even agree with it, but you certainly cannot assure it. Assure means "certain to happen". How exactly can you assure that we would have won that SB with Walsh or Belichick?
I'd agree that it is very probable, but I'm calling BS that you can assure the outcome. That's just not true.

We've seen Belichick and Walsh with talented rosters. Their game planning, prep and ability to get production out of that talent was top notch.

Sure there is that any given Sunday factor but our roster was much more talented than the Ravens that year and knowing the opposing coach so well would give Belichick/Walsh an advantage on top of the more talented roster.

We took two weeks to prepare and started the game with a formation penalty...came out flat as hell and put ourselves in a huge hole we couldn't dig out of.

I'm also confident those coaches wouldn't have taken the ball out of Frank's hands when he's running all over the Ravens in the 4th quarter and we wouldn't have rolled out that awesome idea of waiting til the last second to call a play, forcing us to take that final timeout which apparently killed the "likely" game winning play or at least the game leading TD play.
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
I was over Harbaugh when Jed let him walk but please stop. Flawed logic. You can say that about any coach who hasn't won a NT or SB. Harbaugh is a talented coach with an old school approach. He's not everyone's cup of tea (Alex Boone) but to say he can't win the big one is wrong. Just say he hasn't one the big one yet. His offense sucks for an offensive coach. He's more of a delegater and a motivator than a teacher. Harbaugh relies on his staff for teaching but admittedly may need to adjust his philosophy on offense.

Until he wins the big one there's nothing flawed in saying he can't he's had opportunities. same in college, his teams have blown the big games 99% of the time.

When someone throws Harbs in the same sentence as Walsh and BB was far as being a winner, I'm gonna disagree with that.
Shanny can run circles around him as a "Coach" but may not have the same eye for coaching talent on D. He also might need to adjust his philosophy on targeting certain players with injury history. I'm a huge 49ers apologist and look at the glass half full when it comes to my squad. That being said it's year 3 no excuses.

So Harbs is better at finding coaches to coach for him? I gotta give you that one, he's very good in that department

The whole no excuses thing needs some context.what if SF loses JG or any select group on offense/defense again?

the two coaches before jh basically had the same roster before he was here. he put in a system. he made them believe and hired coaches who coached and taught everyone to be better, no matter the youth or injury excuse you use. we have been a very poor tackling team and not ready to play games esp road games under kyle. thats on coaching..

Would love to have a situation where Kyle is getting Frank Gore, 4 first round Picks on the OL, prime Patrick Willis, prime Navarro Bowman, Freak Aldon Smith and the others ready to play for road games......

Are you seriously trying to argue that the talent levels of '11 are close to the talent levels in '17? Also, when injuries started really hitting in '14 how did we do?

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Harbaugh is the winning type like Walsh or Belichick.

huh? Harbaugh hasn't won anything compared to those two.

Harbs is more Marty Schottenheimer or a lesser Marv Levy then a Walsh or Belichick IMO.

Dude doesn't win the big games.

I was over Harbaugh when Jed let him walk but please stop. Flawed logic. You can say that about any coach who hasn't won a NT or SB. Harbaugh is a talented coach with an old school approach. He's not everyone's cup of tea (Alex Boone) but to say he can't win the big one is wrong. Just say he hasn't one the big one yet. His offense sucks for an offensive coach. He's more of a delegater and a motivator than a teacher. Harbaugh relies on his staff for teaching but admittedly may need to adjust his philosophy on offense.

He hasn't even won the big one in college though. Fact is we never should've lost that SB. We were the most talented team in the league, even with the injuries. We were facing a weaker roster and the other HC was his brother.

We came out flat, unprepared and let the game get away from us.

Harbaugh wasn't a bad coach but he's the type of coach you want when a lot of the foundation is already in place. For all the crap Baalke got(and rightfully so) Harbaugh as the GM would've been a tragedy in its own right.

Kyle has to prove he can even get to the playoffs first, let alone the SB so comparing him to the greats is stupid at this point when he hasn't even had the success of Harbaugh but the situations are completely different between Harbaugh and Shanahan. Kyle is having to rebuild from the ground up. Harbaugh got the keys to the house and asked to paint it and replace the patio furniture.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
does any of that really need to be said again? for the 100th time?

lolz

Jesus yourself . It's like you can't get your nose out of his butt. Just to start my post like yours. I never said a single word about Kyle, but you and your poor me, gloom and doom is ridiculous at this point. If you can't be civil and sane leave my posts alone. You assume someone that hadn't been a world class sucess can be if you sniff their crotch gratefully, and assume everyone that isn't them is awful.And spare me the Homer crap. Your poor me attitude doesn't fly.
jh won games. jh got guys ready to play. jh had guys ready to play road games.. kyle has done nothing of them.. it is crazy how so many feel a need to tear down or dilute the legacy of jh when he was here to prop up kyle who has done nothing to deserve his name being mentioned in the same circles as jh george and bill. running circles is nice until you get hit in the mouth , we have seen that plenty of times in the last two years

No one is it tearing down jh, it's all about pointing out what he was good at and what he wasn't....he ended up being part of the reason this team is where it is. He wins that SB, he's probably still the HC. If he could stop being so stubborn and made adjustments on offense and with his staff (when it had to bed done), maybe we're not s**tty for the next 4 yrs? His overall evaluation of players during the draft process wasn't amazing either.

We got 3 great yrs out of him... imo the path he was going on, I don't think it would have lead to a bunch of championships, unless he changed his Philosophy....you I and I can agree he doesn't seem like someone who's all about change (dude wore the same s**t for 4 yrs lol).
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 1, 2019 at 10:21 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Until he wins the big one there's nothing flawed in saying he can't he's had opportunities. same in college, his teams have blown the big games 99% of the time.

When someone throws Harbs in the same sentence as Walsh and BB was far as being a winner, I'm gonna disagree with that.

are you ok with people.. and its been done.. saying kyle is the best coach we have since george s? kyle being thrown into the mix of bill walsh and george is insane. hell mooch did more for us then what kyle has done.
Share 49ersWebzone