There are 317 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by TheWooLick:
that seems like an odd criticism in the Shanahan thread.

I just commented on the post above about Harbs...I don't know why people are talking about him in this thread?

I also didn't compare Kyle to Harbs, let alone two of the best HCs in NFL history
If you like Harbaugh's winning offense, go watch Michigan. If you want neo WCO back in San Francisco, built upon 3 generations of men -- Walsh>Mike Shanahan>Kyle Shanahan-- watch the Niners.

Oh wait, Harbaugh couldn't win with his offense either. He's turning it over to some other guy so he can keep his prime job in Michigan.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 1, 2019 at 7:13 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
If you like Harbaugh's winning offense, go watch Michigan. If you want neo WCO back in San Francisco, built upon 3 generations of men -- Walsh>Mike Shanahan>Kyle Shanahan-- watch the Niners.

Oh wait, Harbaugh couldn't win with his offense either. He's turning it over to some other guy so he can keep his prime job in Michigan.

I like watching the 49ers win games and complete in the playoffs.
Harbaugh is the winning type like Walsh or Belichick.

I wish he was.

He was a tempest in a teapot. We are on the right track now For long-term winning ways.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
that seems like an odd criticism in the Shanahan thread.

I just commented on the post above about Harbs...I don't know why people are talking about him in this thread?

I also didn't compare Kyle to Harbs, let alone two of the best HCs in NFL history

It was originally contrasting the difference between watching Harbaugh's offense with Kyle's WCO. The limited shelf life and attack of Haraugh's offense, or the proven longevity and diversity of attack of the WCO.

But it somehow triggered people's love for Harbaugh.

I like watching the 49ers win games and complete in the playoffs.

You don't see the Niners heading that way?

Do you see the Niners getting worse this year?
Originally posted by genus49:
This.

I can assure you Walsh or Belichick wouldn't have lost that SB to the Ravens with the talent we had. Especially not with the inside info they would've had coaching against their own brother.

When Walsh or Belichick have a talent advantage they don't lose games to inferior rosters.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion, I'd even agree with it, but you certainly cannot assure it. Assure means "certain to happen". How exactly can you assure that we would have won that SB with Walsh or Belichick?
I'd agree that it is very probable, but I'm calling BS that you can assure the outcome. That's just not true.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

It's been 5 years and ya'll still can't let that dude go?

What I do know is the 49ers haven't won a game in the eastern time zone since 2014 @ the Giants. Maybe just worry about catching a W @ TB to start this season? Gotta start somewhere.
Originally posted by SoCold:

It's been 5 years and ya'll still can't let that dude go?

What I do know is the 49ers haven't won a game in the eastern time zone since 2014 @ the Giants. Maybe just worry about catching a W @ TB to start this season? Gotta start somewhere.

oddly 2014 was the last time we fielded a team with anything resembling a top 10 or even a top half of the league roster in terms of talent.

huh? Harbaugh hasn't won anything compared to those two.

Harbs is more Marty Schottenheimer or a lesser Marv Levy then a Walsh or Belichick IMO.

Dude doesn't win the big games.

I was over Harbaugh when Jed let him walk but please stop. Flawed logic. You can say that about any coach who hasn't won a NT or SB. Harbaugh is a talented coach with an old school approach. He's not everyone's cup of tea (Alex Boone) but to say he can't win the big one is wrong. Just say he hasn't one the big one yet. His offense sucks for an offensive coach. He's more of a delegater and a motivator than a teacher. Harbaugh relies on his staff for teaching but admittedly may need to adjust his philosophy on offense.

Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:

Harbs is more Marty Schottenheimer or a lesser Marv Levy then a Walsh or Belichick IMO.

I was over Harbaugh when Jed let him walk but please stop. Flawed logic. You can say that about any coach who hasn't won a NT or SB. Harbaugh is a talented coach with an old school approach. He's not everyone's cup of tea (Alex Boone) but to say he can't win the big one is wrong. Just say he hasn't one the big one yet. His offense sucks for an offensive coach. He's more of a delegater and a motivator than a teacher. Harbaugh relies on his staff for teaching but admittedly may need to adjust his philosophy on offense.

Shanny can run circles around him as a "Coach" but may not have the same eye for coaching talent on D. He also might need to adjust his philosophy on targeting certain players with injury history. I'm a huge 49ers apologist and look at the glass half full when it comes to my squad. That being said it's year 3 no excuses.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Shanny can run circles around him as a "Coach" but may not have the same eye for coaching talent on D. He also might need to adjust his philosophy on targeting certain players with injury history. I'm a huge 49ers apologist and look at the glass half full when it comes to my squad. That being said it's year 3 no excuses.

jh won games. jh got guys ready to play. jh had guys ready to play road games.. kyle has done nothing of them.. it is crazy how so many feel a need to tear down or dilute the legacy of jh when he was here to prop up kyle who has done nothing to deserve his name being mentioned in the same circles as jh george and bill. running circles is nice until you get hit in the mouth , we have seen that plenty of times in the last two years
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Kyle is a young unproven HC. Has a young unproven DC and GM.

Look at Sean Mcvay. He's got the advantage of Wade who's been coaching longer than Kyle and Sean have been alive.

Maybe if things don't turn around this season Kyle needs an OG type DC to help him out?

Saying he hasn't won the big one "yet" assumes he will. That's ignoring his history and projecting something he hasn't shown he can do. His regidity in his approach and history doesn't lead to a lot of confidence to assume he will ever be more than he is. He is a very good football coach. He isn't a visionary,he isn't creative, and he hasn't won that"big one" at any level. He is an upper tier coach at the college level. That's all.
[ Edited by mojave45 on Jul 1, 2019 at 9:36 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mojave45:
Saying he hasn't won the big one "yet" assumes he will. That's ignoring his history and projecting something he hasn't shown he can do. His regidity in his approach and history doesn't lead to a lot of confidence to assume he will ever be more than he is. He is a very good football coach. He isn't a visionary,he isn't creative, and he hasn't won that"big one" at any level. He is an upper tier coach at the college level. That's all.

jesus. its like alot of you guys are soo in love with kyle.. you want to erase those three wonderful years jh had with us. i was and still am mad as hell we could not win the super bowl.. but for three years we actually were relevant and were considered an elite football team. jh put us in the upper tier of the nfl for three years. kyle has put is in the bottom tier... and spare me. context and big picture... i go by what JH DID and what kyle has DONE so far. kyle could lead us to another 4 or 5 win season this year and some of you will still be running around tearing down jim to continue to prop up kyle
Share 49ersWebzone