There are 55 users in the forums

Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Do our receivers run many option routes? I listened to the Maiocco podcast and he had Wes Welker on and he was talking s**t how Taylor ran his options well and he's rounding into form. He loves having quickness in guys like Taylor AND length in guys like Matthews. It sounds like we'll be running a ton of different receivers through the slot including Deebo who's pitching to play from there as well so is being asked to lose some weight to fit.

Goodwin and Hurd are the only guys i think will be outside full time. I think everybody else at somepoint will be in the slot including Kittle.

Probably but Welker mentioned Goodwin inside too. He didn't mention Hurd but that may be because he's still working his way back to health and missing all the reps.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 4, 2019 at 11:40 AM ]
Kyle loves his slots, if you can't play the slot you ain't on Kyle's team

Deebo better get his fat ass down to skinny to stay on the team
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jun 4, 2019 at 12:07 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

That and he's not afraid to split Juice and whatever RB we have in out wide and put both your traditional X and Z in the slot.

He's really creative. For real, I have it on a video I'm exporting right now to upload to my channel.

He comes out in 21 personnel and splits juice out wide to the top, Breida out wide to the bottom and you have Garcon and Goodwin both in the slot vs LB's. Genius.
Originally posted by jonnydel:

That and he's not afraid to split Juice and whatever RB we have in out wide and put both your traditional X and Z in the slot.

He's really creative. For real, I have it on a video I'm exporting right now to upload to my channel.

He comes out in 21 personnel and splits juice out wide to the top, Breida out wide to the bottom and you have Garcon and Goodwin both in the slot vs LB's. Genius.

Remember when some would b***h and moan when we'd shift the FB out wide.....good times, good times.

Nice! Can't wait

Really curious about Kyle putting guys in the slot. I haven't pay much attention to how he uses them, but I know he does, and 'window dresses' to get them there eventually.

It just seems to me, and I may be very wrong. He seemed to work inside the hashes and betweeb the numbers more than outside the numbers. Wonder if it's league wide thing or more so with Kyle the last 2 years. Or if it's more due to personel.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jun 4, 2019 at 3:28 PM ]

Hey Jonny... can you make a AA video? I think it would be cool to compare AA and Thomas as many people hate one or the other and I think they both have reasons as to why they haven't produced stats wise.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Hey Jonny... can you make a AA video? I think it would be cool to compare AA and Thomas as many people hate one or the other and I think they both have reasons as to why they haven't produced stats wise.

I'll put it on my to do list. Right now, my following vids will be:
Jimmy G KC pts 1 and 2
Whiteboard wide 9 base
Fred Warner season review parts 1-4

Jimmy G KC pts 1 and 2
Whiteboard wide 9 base

I'm here (and there) for all of that!

Jimmy G KC pts 1 and 2
Whiteboard wide 9 base

Thanks! You're my MVP
Awesome to hear Pettis reply to [paraphrasing the question] "If he thinks he can be that go-to guy."

Pettis was like, not really because whoever Shanny picks to be open, that person WILL get open in this offense.

Shanny offense going to be golden once these players figure it out.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jun 5, 2019 at 10:21 AM ]

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Nice! Can't wait

Really curious about Kyle putting guys in the slot. I haven't pay much attention to how he uses them, but I know he does, and 'window dresses' to get them there eventually.

It just seems to me, and I may be very wrong. He seemed to work inside the hashes and betweeb the numbers more than outside the numbers. Wonder if it's league wide thing or more so with Kyle the last 2 years. Or if it's more due to personel.

I think it's more Nick Mullens. If its Jimmy or BeatHard, you get more Goodwin and passes outside the numbers. If its Mullens, then you get more in between the numbers, more Kittle, simply because of his arm strength.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Not to nit pick, but there really is no way that the plays with 2+ HB on the field can be lower that the 21 personnel percentage since 21 personnel means 2 running backs.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:

Share 49erswebzone