Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Ninerfan84:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
The plan is for new #49ers coach Kyle Shanahan to have control of the 53-man roster, while GM John Lynch has control of other facets

Other facets? What is there? Talking about the ultimate yes man.

Free agency, 90 man roster, coaches, personnel staff, operations, etc.

That is a lot to learn from scratch.

Yep, but he'll lean on Peters a lot on all personnel. Im sure we'll be seeing some additional names to the front office who have experience as well.

Peters and Shanahan make me feel a lot better about Lynch.
Nice we superbowl favorites now
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Nice we superbowl favorites now

Yes it's practically stealing 150:1 odds
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by FrankCostello:
It's definitely click bait but at some point the editor of the paper has to protect the integrity, credibility and brand of the paper. It is appalling how lazy, dishonest and unprofessional he is. Self righteous, arrogant, b*****d.

It's not gonna change.....I suspect he will get embarrassed by Kyle in a presser when he tries to ask some real Xs and Os question.

I am willing to bet that Jed has given Shanny and Lynch the run down on these media clowns out here.
Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
The plan is for new #49ers coach Kyle Shanahan to have control of the 53-man roster, while GM John Lynch has control of other facets

Yep, but he'll lean on Peters a lot on all personnel. Im sure we'll be seeing some additional names to the front office who have experience as well.

Gamble, Peters, and Paraage are all going to make the transition for Lynch a lot easier. Gamble, as the asst GM, will likely help with managing the day-to-day operations. Peters with college and pro scouting. Paraage with the salary cap. That is a lot of help, and I think it's the right way to bring in a new, and raw, GM.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
This is our chance. Our chance to return to the top. We must give him time and our support as a fan base.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ltrain:
Yes it's practically stealing 150:1 odds

What's the min I can put down on those odds....I'm taking them....
[ Edited by jcs on Feb 6, 2017 at 7:35 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by sdcindy:
Announcement

Shanahan quotes:
The first step in that process is identifying talented individuals who love the game of football as much as John and I do – coaches, players and staff.

That sets a welcome tone.

And a tall order.

When I first read your cutout quote, I thought it meant "who love the game of football as much as John (York) and I do...".

I was like WTF???? Until I realized it was John Lynch lol
[ Edited by JimA49ers on Feb 6, 2017 at 7:30 PM ]
Why is the local media hating on the niners now that they've hired Shanahan? Geez about a week ago they were all over Shanny for being the best hire this off season and that we wouldn't be able to land him and he would pull out like McDaniels blah,blah,blah! They just love to hate.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerblood:
Why is the local media hating on the niners now that they've hired Shanahan? Geez about a week ago they were all over Shanny for being the best hire this off season and that we wouldn't be able to land him and he would pull out like McDaniels blah,blah,blah! They just love to hate.

Local media:

Originally posted by Jcool:

Local media:

That's the only positive I've heard so far. The rest of them are already throwing Shanahan under the bus.
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

Gamble, Peters, and Paraage are all going to make the transition for Lynch a lot easier. Gamble, as the asst GM, will likely help with managing the day-to-day operations. Peters with college and pro scouting. Paraage with the salary cap. That is a lot of help, and I think it's the right way to bring in a new, and raw, GM.

I wish they had a proven guy in there somehwere.

Local media:

That's the only positive I've heard so far. The rest of them are already throwing Shanahan under the bus.

well the falcons just lost the sb so. . .

Local media:

Without Kyle the falcons don't even make it to the superbowl. Football is a team sport bro. They all had a hand in that lost so....

Local media:

Without Kyle the falcons don't even make it to the superbowl. Football is a team sport bro. They all had a hand in that lost so....

Dont tell that to the Falcons fans.
Share 49ersWebzone