There are 185 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

If you drafted Watson, Trubisky, Mahomes you have a big chunk of cap space you could use on an additional receiver (Watkins, Robinson). So when you say could he win with our talent I'd argue our talent could be better.

Not that it matters or we made the wrong choice. Jimmy is awesome, if he was healthy we wouldn't be having this discussion. It's just we're watching Mahomes year it up and us living with CJ.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Whose fault is it that Mahomes wouldn't have the same weapons as KC?

Kittle is a pretty good TE.

Hill was a 5th rounder. We drafted Pettis.

Hunt is a 3rd rounder. We drafted Joe Wililams

We also drafted McDonald over kelce.

Hill is a scumbag who punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach.

Joe Williams was drafted in the 4th so wasn't chosen above Hunt and Baalke is an idiot.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Joe Williams was drafted in the 4th so wasn't chosen above Hunt and Baalke is an idiot.

My point isn't that we should have drafted Hill/Hunt over XYZ players. My point is we don't have the talent because of personal decisions.

Just like we don't have Mahomes, because a personal decision to have ST instead. You can always say X player wouldn't be as good for us because we made other bad decisions. That doesn't mean the decision was still correct. By that logic we might as well never discuss making better decisions because we've made so many s**tty ones. No single decision was likely to make this team a SB contender, that's not the criteria.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
This is the obvious thing but we have some really thick heads in this thread. It's mind boggling. With Jimmy in the lineup, this team is 6-3 and we're talking playoffs and how good Shanahan and Lynch are. Could any other coach out there win with C.J. Beathard and Nick Mullens?

Who brought CJ and Mullens in? Nobody forced ShanaLynch to rely on those guys as his backup.

Who should he have brought in?

Pat Mahomes

This stuff drives me absolutely crazy.

As if people here KNEW what Mahomos was gonna be. If they did, He's have gone #1 overall to CLE. It's not like the 49ers didn't get their guy.

We are not quite as clueless as CLE, how comforting.
What is with the Homos thing? Boast is right about NT.

I had a feeling Thomas would be a poor fit.

LOL..."homos thing"

That's simply my inability to spell Mahomes. Sad part is that I corrected it several times and still ended up misspelling it.

My bad, I am so used to seeing terrible nicknames here that I made an assumption. Sorry dude.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Hill hasn't got into any trouble since getting drafted so maybe he's learned from the situation.
My point isn't that we should have drafted Hill/Hunt over XYZ players. My point is we don't have the talent because of personal decisions.

Just like we don't have Mahomes, because a personal decision to have ST instead. You can always say X player wouldn't be as good for us because we made other bad decisions. That doesn't mean the decision was still correct. By that logic we might as well never discuss making better decisions because we've made so many s**tty ones. No single decision was likely to make this team a SB contender, that's not the criteria.

Oh we clearly need to draft better, but it's far too early to judge our picks under this regime, the only known flame out is Williams and IMO they made up for that by getting Brieda.

Solomon Thomas is a huge disappointment but still has time to turn it around, and all the other guys had just as many question marks coming in.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
The negativity in the thread is really laughable.

I mean seriously, what the hell was the expectation when you lose Garoppolo and several others all year? I mean, what should the Niners do? Fire Shanahan and go get a "proven" coach? Man...I know, lets pay John Gruden 100 mil to come back. What could go wrong?

As usual, so many in the 'zone just need to chill the hell out.
If we fired Kyle he would be the most coveted OC on the market hands down. Bad record and all. We need to be patient. There are places he can improve of course. If we can just continue to add talent in defense he'll manufacture production once jimmy is back on offense.
FIFY

Hill hasn't got into any trouble since getting drafted so maybe he's learned from the situation.

Lol oh lord

You can make that case for all 31 other teams who didn't take those two.
Originally posted by MK_Ultra:
I blame him. Missing on Mahomes is Shanahan's biggest mistake.
He wanted to pay Cousins $30 mil per year instead of drafting Mahomes at $3 mil per year for 4 years. Jimmy G wasn't on the radar back then.
But at least we have Solly!

You would have called Mahomes a bust while he sat the bench all last yr learning this scheme. I'm sure Mahomes would have rocked out throwing the ball to Garcon and Bourne lol

You were right about Mahomes I was dead wrong...I'll eat a big ol' plate of crow for that.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

This is a common excuse. "We missed but so did everyoe else!" As if that matters when evaluating our own picks.

Based on that, we can completely strike out on a draft and claim 31 other teams missed each time we missed. All of a sudden the draft looks pretty good. Hey each time we missed so did 31 teams. So we did average!

That is a tired old cop-out. Goes in the pile with "hindsight is 20/20" or "who would you have taken?"
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

This is a common excuse. "We missed but so did everyoe else!" As if that matters when evaluating our own picks.

Based on that, we can completely strike out on a draft and claim 31 other teams missed each time we missed. All of a sudden the draft looks pretty good. Hey each time we missed so did 31 teams. So we did average!

That is a tired old cop-out. Goes in the pile with "hindsight is 20/20" or "who would you have taken?"

It would be nice if the 49ers were the team who had the foresight to nab a star.

Hindsight is the best tool to judge an expert's foresight.

Although, Kittle is a great pick.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Nov 21, 2018 at 3:30 PM ]

Ahhmmm....Hill wasn't in the same draft as Pettis?

Hunt went before Williams.

KC had different needs? Wtf we doing here?
I still don't think Mahomes is all that. Just my opinion
Share 49ersWebzone