There are 86 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Brady2023:
Don't ask me for any names - I've heard some murmurs that the Niners are looking at Sean Payton in 2023 and pairing him with Tom Brady. They'd need to give up a pick to New Orleans to acquire Payton and clear some cap room for Brady. I just know this from a reliable source connected to the team. The big unknown is whether or not Brady will be coming back for another season, the Niners don't know yet either. I think this is all contingent on if Brady does play another year but I'm told Payton is onboard.

I dont believe you. I get tired of people inventing rubbish and pretending to have a reliable source connected with the team. Well, he isnt that reliable if he coughs up a story like this to someone who then plasters it around the Internet

In case you havent been following the team, they have been tighter than the Kremlin with information since Baalke's departure.

Right on English, right on, clearly a troll post IMO

From what I hear, Brady is more likely to retire next year than play for the 49ers.

Is that from your reliable source?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Don't ask me for any names - I've heard some murmurs that the Niners are looking at Sean Payton in 2023 and pairing him with Tom Brady. They'd need to give up a pick to New Orleans to acquire Payton and clear some cap room for Brady. I just know this from a reliable source connected to the team. The big unknown is whether or not Brady will be coming back for another season, the Niners don't know yet either. I think this is all contingent on if Brady does play another year but I'm told Payton is onboard.

I dont believe you. I get tired of people inventing rubbish and pretending to have a reliable source connected with the team. Well, he isnt that reliable if he coughs up a story like this to someone who then plasters it around the Internet

In case you havent been following the team, they have been tighter than the Kremlin with information since Baalke's departure.

From what I hear, Brady is more likely to retire next year than play for the 49ers.

Actually it's from a guy that covers the Patriots. I have no idea how reliable he is but he said this on the radio. It's just his opinion. He was commenting on how Brady's wife really wants him to retire and was disappointed when he retired and then came back. That along with him taking that personal time during the pre season has some thinking that this may be his last season.

Actually it's from a guy that covers the Patriots. I have no idea how reliable he is but he said this on the radio. It's just his opinion. He was commenting on how Brady's wife really wants him to retire and was disappointed when he retired and then came back. That along with him taking that personal time during the pre season has some thinking that this may be his last season.

I was just making a joke. I think most people believe this is Toms last ride.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by All22:
haha, and who exactly is he claiming is working on that deal? Lynch?
There's no way Lynch's tenure with the 9ers lasts longer than Kyle's.

I know most feel this way but i could see Lynch outlasting Shanahan (not that i see either gone anytime soon).

I thought you were butI wasn't sure. That's where the emojis come in handy.

I want everyone to read everything as sarcasm as I do.

not sure if sarcasm
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

not sure if sarcasm
  • thl408
Jimmy thread moves too fast so I'll post it here. This is about Jimmy saying he liked it in 2017 when he could sling it around (paraphrased).

What I think he meant by this is that in 2017, when he first got acquired, he was not familiar with all the schemed up passing plays in Kyle's offense. So Kyle had to call plays that consisted of basic route concepts (slant/flat, spacing, smash, levels, etc). This is what NE did where they spread it out formationally with a MOFO beater to one side, a MOFC to the other side, and have the QB presnap read to take him to the correct concept. This puts the focus on the QB to make the correct reads and pick the correct route.

Kyle, while doing the above at times (every team does it), also has heavily schemed up pass plays where there is a clear primary. Jimmy was not familiar with these plays in 2017 because NE doesn't do them. These plays include one of Kyle's favorite the Yankee concept (Cover3 beater). While the Go route can be targeted, if the defense plays it right, it is rarely open. Yankee is designed to get the intermediate crosser open, it is the clear primary. In a way, this "handcuffs" the QB because there is a clear route that is designed to be open and the QB is asked to hit it, assuming Kyle calls it against Cover3.

Other plays I consider "schemed up" include some of those bootleg slide concepts where Jimmy fakes the handoff, bootlegs and Kittle is open on a short throw as he runs across the formation behind the LoS. Again, a clear primary on this play that we can say "handcuffs" the QB. TE Leak (play where Lance overthrew Kroft), clear primary. FB leak where Juice fakes a block and is wide open down the sideline, clear primary. These plays take a lot of decision making out of the QB. So I think this is what Jimmy meant by his comments and it jives with his unfamiliarity with Kyle's offense in 2017.

What I don't think Jimmy means is:
- Kyle doesn't let me throw it deep
- Kyle is not allowing me to throw it to certain routes on certain plays
Originally posted by thl408:
Jimmy thread moves too fast so I'll post it here. This is about Jimmy saying he liked it in 2017 when he could sling it around (paraphrased).

What I think he meant by this is that in 2017, when he first got acquired, he was not familiar with all the schemed up passing plays in Kyle's offense. So Kyle had to call plays that consisted of basic route concepts (slant/flat, spacing, smash, levels, etc). This is what NE did where they spread it out formationally with a MOFO beater to one side, a MOFC to the other side, and have the QB presnap read to take him to the correct concept. This puts the focus on the QB to make the correct reads and pick the correct route.

Kyle, while doing the above at times (every team does it), also has heavily schemed up pass plays where there is a clear primary. Jimmy was not familiar with these plays in 2017 because NE doesn't do them. These plays include one of Kyle's favorite the Yankee concept (Cover3 beater). While the Go route can be targeted, if the defense plays it right, it is rarely open. Yankee is designed to get the intermediate crosser open, it is the clear primary. In a way, this "handcuffs" the QB because there is a clear route that is designed to be open and the QB is asked to hit it, assuming Kyle calls it against Cover3.

Other plays I consider "schemed up" include some of those bootleg slide concepts where Jimmy fakes the handoff, bootlegs and Kittle is open on a short throw as he runs across the formation behind the LoS. Again, a clear primary on this play that we can say "handcuffs" the QB. TE Leak (play where Lance overthrew Kroft), clear primary. FB leak where Juice fakes a block and is wide open down the sideline, clear primary. These plays take a lot of decision making out of the QB. So I think this is what Jimmy meant by his comments and it jives with his unfamiliarity with Kyle's offense in 2017.

Isn't that what JD was insinuating? That Kyle should let Jimmy cook and that Jimmy's play style doesn't have anything to do with our lack of deep shots?

Originally posted by Waterbear:

Isn't that what JD was insinuating? That Kyle should let Jimmy cook and that Jimmy's play style doesn't have anything to do with our lack of deep shots?

We can all speculate on why the offense is what it is and why they don't throw deep more often. Bottom line is what we see on the field every week. It doesn't really matter why. Kyle is going to run the offense the best way he sees fit whether it's because of what the other team's defense is doing or whether he feels his QB is limited.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Lol
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
That post was way too articulate to be moon

Yeah, he didn't even give a nickname to the source.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

We can all speculate on why the offense is what it is and why they don't throw deep more often. Bottom line is what we see on the field every week. It doesn't really matter why. Kyle is going to run the offense the best way he sees fit whether it's because of what the other team's defense is doing or whether he feels his QB is limited.

I mean it does matter why if we want to be consistent. You can't mock others for claiming Kyle's holds back one QB but not the other.
Share 49ersWebzone