LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
Kyle yesterday

LaFleur looked emotionally broken in his presser. That whole Greenbay team not gonna recover for awhile.

first thing that came to mind when I saw him on the podium

Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Running the ball on 3rd and 7 to get into FG range was a gutsy f**king call. Imagine the hate Kyle would get had Deebo not been able to convert there.

I think at that point in the game (3rd &7) Kyle just kept it simple and wanted to give the rock to his best ball carrier and whatever happens happens. Harder to second guess when you keep it simple and just give it to your best guy.

jimmy actually checked into that play it was a pass Jiimmy checked into a run

Whoa did Jimmy or Kyle confirm this?

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I disagree that Jimmy takes risks other QBs don't. He tends to throw those short, safe passes when there are guys open deeper. Nothing wrong with that since he doesn't have a great touch on deeper throws. He makes some poor decisions and throws into coverages that he doesn't have the arm to complete. Those often happen when he's rolling out to escape a pass rush. He's much better (as most QBs are) when he can set his feet and unload in 2-3 seconds.

He's for more INTs then TDs in the playoffs
Edit
[ Edited by captveg on Jan 23, 2022 at 9:32 AM ]
Running the ball on 3rd and 7 to get into FG range was a gutsy f**king call. Imagine the hate Kyle would get had Deebo not been able to convert there.

I think at that point in the game (3rd &7) Kyle just kept it simple and wanted to give the rock to his best ball carrier and whatever happens happens. Harder to second guess when you keep it simple and just give it to your best guy.

All credit to them for using their timeout after seeing the Packers defensive look. Most of all, all credit to OL and Deebo for making the play.
[ Edited by captveg on Jan 23, 2022 at 9:34 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I disagree that Jimmy takes risks other QBs don't. He tends to throw those short, safe passes when there are guys open deeper. Nothing wrong with that since he doesn't have a great touch on deeper throws. He makes some poor decisions and throws into coverages that he doesn't have the arm to complete. Those often happen when he's rolling out to escape a pass rush. He's much better (as most QBs are) when he can set his feet and unload in 2-3 seconds.

He's for more INTs then TDs in the playoffs

But we won that's what JG does. I knew it was over when Gould hit that field goal that's when i said BALL GAME
I think Kyle changed the play knowing it was 4 down territory. His thinking was to run it on 3rd and 7 and get what he could and possibly run it or pass on a possible 4th down that never happened. The reason I think this, the Special teams coach went over to the kicker and asked him where he was good to. Gould was adamant about getting to the 35 yard line. There's a post on YouTube backing up this.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
But we won that's what JG does. I knew it was over when Gould hit that field goal that's when i said BALL GAME

We won because of the team not just JG…some games we won despite our QB play.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

We won because of the team not just JG…some games we won despite our QB play.

Well just enjoy the ball game and look forward to another ball game next week keep the faith I believe we will win these ball games. You can't count these Niners out til the end of the ball game.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Yes I do, it's a team sport right, are we winning or not?? In case you didn't notice Aaron Rodgers who is clearly the better QB than Jimmy lost tonight, how many 3 and outs did Rodgers have again?? 6 straight at one point.

Lance will be judged accordingly.....oh please, that's wishy washy AF.

Nothing wishy washy about it…it's not black and white like everyone keeping pretending it will be.

Lance is NOT a 8 yr vet making $100M so yes judge accordingly. Or don't and look silly doing it.

YES it is a TEAM sport and I've stated that a billion times when someone tosses out JG's winning % acting like we don't watch the f**king football games.

he's about as inconsistent as it gets playing the QB position and it's every damn week.

Well just enjoy the ball game and look forward to another ball game next week keep the faith I believe we will win these ball games. You can't count these Niners out til the end of the ball game.

Of course I love the win. Never said I didn't or won't.
So I'm ready to name names of posters here that were calling for Shanny to be fired…but I think I'll wait a lil
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
So I'm ready to name names of posters here that were calling for Shanny to be fired…but I think I'll wait a lil

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Whoa did Jimmy or Kyle confirm this?

I wonder if Deebo did another... "I got this coach. Just give it to me"
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Kyle yesterday

LaFleur looked emotionally broken in his presser. That whole Greenbay team not gonna recover for awhile.

first thing that came to mind when I saw him on the podium

He was asked about the 10 men on the field flub for Gould's winner...he just put his head down in shame lol.
Share 49ersWebzone