LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

2017 Team Information (Needs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Chris Jones deal, 1yr deal, $775K base salary(Only counts $615K against the cap as it's a Veteran Minimum Salary Benefits deal), $50K signing bonus, $665K salary cap number.

I have the 49ers at $75,452,076 under the cap before knowing Watson's terms, last player remaining.

Great job AB81!
Great news, AB , and thanks. Man , after all these new guys, and we still got $75 mil....that is impressive, dead wood gone, replaced with way better talent virtually everywhere, most of our cuts didn't catch on anywhere else....Yes, i think these two dynamic duo guys are doing a bang up job.
Chris Jones deal, 1yr deal, $775K base salary(Only counts $615K against the cap as it's a Veteran Minimum Salary Benefits deal), $50K signing bonus, $665K salary cap number.

I have the 49ers at $75,452,076 under the cap before knowing Watson's terms, last player remaining.

Updated. That total is almost comical!
I feel good about almost all these contracts. The only one being risky I feel is the Malcolm Smith one.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
I feel good about almost all these contracts. The only one being risky I feel is the Malcolm Smith one.

I wouldn't worry about any of the contracts. We have a lot of buffer room to swing and miss on one of these signings without a huge ding in our cap space or ability to make decisions in the future. Marathe does a good job structuring these long term deals. We've seen it with Kap, Torrey Smith, Bethea, Brooks, and others. And three of those players are gone.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Great news, AB , and thanks. Man , after all these new guys, and we still got $75 mil....that is impressive, dead wood gone, replaced with way better talent virtually everywhere, most of our cuts didn't catch on anywhere else....Yes, i think these two dynamic duo guys are doing a bang up job.
And that's why I think people need slow down on some of the moves that Shanny & Co. have made. Already this roster is miles ahead of last years roster, and we haven't even drafted anyone yet. Were this roster was it was no way on the planet that we weren't gonna overpay for a few guys, that was inevitable. But the guys that we've over paid for (Juszczyk, Garçon) are at key positions for Shanny's offense. So far these two are doing a bang-up job, you can see there's a clear plan being followed, and it appears that they have gotten the FO to stay in their lane. And, after all these signings, we still have $75 mil to boot. The special teams is already probably gonna be top 5. The depth on the O-line, WR, and D has been upgraded, not to mention that we have two serviceable bridge QB's. While I don't have us making the PO's this season I do expect this team to be drastically improved and more competitive. I don't think expecting either at or just above .500 is too lofty. Even if we fall short of .500 I'd still think that's a monster improvement given the last few seasons.

These two guys have an honest 6 years to get this right. Until we've seen a full season, and 2 off-seasons, I think we should hold off any criticism.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
And that's why I think people need slow down on some of the moves that Shanny & Co. have made. Already this roster is miles ahead of last years roster, and we haven't even drafted anyone yet. Were this roster was it was no way on the planet that we weren't gonna overpay for a few guys, that was inevitable. But the guys that we've over paid for (Juszczyk, Garçon) are at key positions for Shanny's offense. So far these two are doing a bang-up job, you can see there's a clear plan being followed, and it appears that they have gotten the FO to stay in their lane. And, after all these signings, we still have $75 mil to boot. The special teams is already probably gonna be top 5. The depth on the O-line, WR, and D has been upgraded, not to mention that we have two serviceable bridge QB's. While I don't have us making the PO's this season I do expect this team to be drastically improved and more competitive. I don't think expecting either at or just above .500 is too lofty. Even if we fall short of .500 I'd still think that's a monster improvement given the last few seasons.

These two guys have an honest 6 years to get this right. Until we've seen a full season, and 2 off-seasons, I think we should hold off any criticism.

Bring on the 1st draft of Shanahan & Lynch!!
Nice post Chicago. And i agree, Tohara, bring on the first draft....ummm, a microbrew, please.
Last point, (just forgot), our fall back if NO ONE wants to move up (doubtful) the least we come out with is Solomon. That is a lock. Now if we can work a second extra pick along wiht Williams, man it would bring tears to my eyes. Whoever these guys want....they've already proved their creds, moving well beyond anything i could ever have hope for , with still a monster kitty. OUCH, or OW, + Garcon....anchors we needed. Just great to date.
Last point, (just forgot), our fall back if NO ONE wants to move up (doubtful) the least we come out with is Solomon. That is a lock. Now if we can work a second extra pick along wiht Williams, man it would bring tears to my eyes. Whoever these guys want....they've already proved their creds, moving well beyond anything i could ever have hope for , with still a monster kitty. OUCH, or OW, + Garcon....anchors we needed. Just great to date.

Slow minded persons have to post in 4 separate posts...to get one thot across. Mea culpa.

The other part of this topic, (we are talking about needs), was pretty much cemented whilst we were all making points about what and which QBs we needed to either FA or draft. While amidst all the QB scurfuffle, Garopp, Chi QB, Romo, Barkley, RG3 and kap(rare), hoyer, Cousins, Trubisky, Watson, even a few mentioned osweiler....the Shalyn Masters suddenly announced Hoyer, and before we could discuss it...then Barkley as backup.

Once that move was made, the plan was set. There would be no more garopp, kap, Romo, and certainly no Trubs or Watson, the die was cast. We went from a double conundrum, of not knowing whether Shalyn was going a) Rooks, either one, or b) bridge/vet . If after the Hoyer announcement there was some still question, the immediate signing of Barkley put Rooks to bed....starter rooks that is. We are going vet starter and backup. There would be no garopp, Romo, and there certainly would be no Watson nor Trubs.

With the dog and pony show going on in WASH, and the genius behind it looking for ways to screw Kyle, instead of waiting until draft, Shalyn left the door open for Cousins and if he came, great,...if not, that's great also. By signing vet/vet, we now opened up our draft by NOT having to worry about a starter qb. Hoyer/Barkley took care of that. The Cuzins thing can happen this yr, next yr and not cost us a single player, or not happen at all. We are covered by the 2 vet QBs. This meant #2 pick in the draft was open to us for BPA at one of the IMPACT positions of need, NT, OLB/DE passrusher(if Cleve fcusk up), WR, ILB, and cover corner. Because of taking care of the qBing early on, we were then able to look at the draft and NOT have to worry about a starting QB or not. The moment that was announced, i said to myself, "Smart move", realizing that now Shalyn had put us on track to draft the one very best player available at IMPACT positions of need....and not have to worry about a FR QB being one of those choices. It limited the scope of what we needed, and made it so that with pick #2, we can get the one best guy who fits our needs at the IMPACT positions above.

It also removed the choice of picking a guy at #2, a potential FR QB, when NONE of them are. These guys are all in a group of 2nd rd QBs, some further down than that. So with pick #2, we are a lock for Solomon, if we want him, the best player remaining after Myles. But with Solomon, we lose a large part of that 2600 pts on the draft calculator, Sooo....if we can trade down just a bit, and still get Solomon, Allen, Foster, or Williams, PLUS another high round 2nd rounder, we could come out of this smelling like a rose.

Elsewhere i made a case for williams , but no later than pick #6 or 7, so we could then get Williams (before pick 9) and thus get some more value for our 2600 pts, plus another sure fire starter in rd 2. Williams as i pointed out elsewhere makes 7 or 8 guys better....Hoyer, Jusczyk, Carlos, TEs, 3 WRs.....whereas Solomon at #2, is just another cog in the DL wheel, er, Line. Don't get me wrong, Solomon is the second best player in draft, but he can't make 7 or 8 other guys look better with him there. He helps the DL...that is it. So based on how much help either pick has on the team as a whole, it is Williams by a landslide. And that hi round extra pick in rd 2...that is just another starter for us.

And all this was because early on, after thinking it thru, Shan and Lynch saw a way to give us maximal options, maximal value for our 2nd pick in the draft, a likely starter with our add on extra pick in rd 2, plus our own starter with our rd 2 pick, and then we probably move up slightly from beginning of rd 3 into end of rd 2 to secure Peterman, Kyle's best fit at qb. He needs some work, esp footwork as PHX as noted, but has the other qualities kyle wants in his Qb. And he gets to raise him from a pup...better yet. IF Cousins ultimately gets here, that is just a good break for us, but it is NOT BEING COUNTED ON. If it happens we celebrate...if not no big deal. We got our vet/vet qBs, draft a guy who fits, but needs work, nail an extra hi 2nd round (probable starter), and then get a starter with our own 2nd rd pick. Finally Peterman just after that at end of rd 2 ( i think we have to move up a bit from rd 3 to end of rd 2 for Peterman. With all that done, we then have TWO 4s, 5s, 6s, and 7s. And you know Lynch can swing and deal with doubles in all those rounds. It just means that each of those rds means we can get a much better pick than we wanted , due to double picks..And you know that means we get at least 2 or 3 more rd 3s or perhaps a pair more of rd 2s. That will be an entirely different draft altogether. What i put forward is a plan for an entire draft just in first two rds. After Rd 2, our second draft opens up, and we either go quantity or quality. My money is on fewer picks more quality.

As noted we will have two entirely different drafts ...day 1+ 2, and then the ohter part. And put me down for "wow, those two guys are really sharp.,"assuming my interpretation is what they were thinking. As for trading down from pick #2, there's a fool born every moment, and same applies to draft. There will be some fools trying to outdo themselves for the 2nd pick in the draft..

Well, then why did we put on a Trubisky workout day? Simply smokescreen, and will give the guys behind us the certainty that we want Mitch. But the two vet QBs gave it away. Kyle is waiting for Peterman.
I don't have exact details, but it appears that Dekoda Watson's deal is 3yr/$6.5M, $1M base in 2017, $1.05M base in 2018, and $1.45M base in 2019, his 2017 cap number appears to be $1,333,333, with $500K NLTBEs each year, so $2.5M in Incentives total.

If I factor in his cap number, I have them at $74,733,743 under the cap.
Great AB and thanks.
I don't have exact details, but it appears that Dekoda Watson's deal is 3yr/$6.5M, $1M base in 2017, $1.05M base in 2018, and $1.45M base in 2019, his 2017 cap number appears to be $1,333,333, with $500K NLTBEs each year, so $2.5M in Incentives total.

If I factor in his cap number, I have them at $74,733,743 under the cap.

More detailed terms,

Watson got a $1M signing bonus, no Roster or Workout bonuses. Unsure if any of his 2017 base is guaranteed.
Share 49ersWebzone