There are 167 users in the forums

2017 Team Information (Needs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thanks NC that was a helpful referral.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Thanks NC that was a helpful referral.

You bet bud!
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Agree or disagree, if you had to put your life on the line... you think we trade down?

My answer is yes. I'm tired of projecting our picks lol.

I don't think there is any question. If we get any decent trade offer, we're trading back.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Agree or disagree, if you had to put your life on the line... you think we trade down?

I don't think there is any question. If we get any decent trade offer, we're trading back.

If you came up on something and then decided to auction it off, even if you don't get by the book value you can still be a winner. I think we do get a decent offer and we do trade down as well.

If you came up on something and then decided to auction it off, even if you don't get by the book value you can still be a winner. I think we do get a decent offer and we do trade down as well.

It's really the only way to validate the valueof the #2 pick if we don't go QB. No other player is perceived to be worthy of the #2 and a non-QB pick there, hell, even a QB there, will be questioned up and down unless it's,an absolute home-run...which is hard to see with this group. Why risk it on your first draft? Look "smart" and trade down. That's incredibly easy to justify.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 19, 2017 at 5:40 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:
It's really the only way to validate the valueof the #2 pick if we don't go QB. No other player is perceived to be worthy of the #2 and a non-QB pick there, hell, even a QB there, will be questioned up and down unless it's,an absolute home-run...which is hard to see with this group. Why risk it on your first draft? Look "smart" and trade down. That's incredibly easy to justify.

I see what you did there.

Hehe. I love that little emoji!
Originally posted by NinerGM:

I see what you did there.

Hehe. I love that little emoji!

I can't wait till Lynchahan, fire the la-ser
I can't wait till Lynchahan, fire the la-ser

LOL...exactly. Oh wait, Kaepernick isn't here anymore.

True, but just as long as we still have the ability to sign williams, the one guy who can make the team demonstrably better, and that is immediately. Also, a trade past the Bills is a non-starter. We have to keep the trade so we are picking with Allen, Solomon, Foster, and Williams , esp williams, likely to be there. That means the "QB needy teams" of Jets at 6 and SD at 7. I would think both Trubs and Watson gone, Myles gone, probably Allen and Solomon gone, leaving only the Jets at #6. Any further down than that and a good chance Williams is gone too.

Uber tier: Myles

Upper tier: Allen, Solomon, Foster and Williams.

We gotta keep it where we get the upper tier guy and earmark Williams as the pick. So i would NOT move further down than jets at 6. If we turn our #2 pick into a "good player" pick, then we DID throw away the 2nd pick in the draft. Some guys would also have Adams, Fournette, mabye one or two ohters. But for me, there is Myles and then just the above 4 guys in upper tier. Lots of talent in first two rounds this yr, but the one best is Myles, and then the 4 upper tier guys above. I'll be sick if we drop below #6.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Mar 20, 2017 at 10:11 AM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
True, but just as long as we still have the ability to sign williams, the one guy who can make the team demonstrably better, and that is immediately. Also, a trade past the Bills is a non-starter. We have to keep the trade so we are picking with Allen, Solomon, Foster, and Williams , esp williams, likely to be there. That means the "QB needy teams" of Jets at 6 and SD at 7. I would think both Trubs and Watson gone, Myles gone, probably Allen and Solomon gone, leaving only the Jets at #6. Any further down than that and a good chance Williams is gone too.

We gotta keep it where we get the upper tier guy and earmark Williams as the pick. So i would NOT move further down than jets at 6. If we turn our #2 pick into a "good player" pick, then we DID throw away the 2nd pick in the draft. Some guys would also have Adams, Fournette, mabye one or two ohters. But for me, there is Myles and then just the above 4 guys in upper tier. Lots of talent in first two rounds this yr, but the one best is Myles, and then the 4 upper tier guys above. I'll be sick if we drop below #6.

Yes sir!

I guess we wont have many offers to trade down, so if we have a chance to trade #2 for more picks we should pull the trigger without thinking too much.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Yes sir!

With Corey Davis missing the combine,we can probably trade down further than six and get Davis/Williams. I think Shanny likes Davis better based off the tape. But based off the tape and the talent that Williams went up and shined against, he could easily be the guy.

I believe the Jags and a Coughlin ran team, are going to go Thomas/Allen. If another team after the Jags think the top three players off the board are gonna be Garrett,Thomas and Allen... then a team from #4 on would wanna trade with us to ensure themselves Thomas/Allen.

How good y'all think Allen would be at NT playing next to Buck&AA. Pass rusher with the next pick, then trade up for a CB&WR if we HAVE to stay at #2.
Brock Coyle 1yr $1.45M deal, $1M base, $400K Signing Bonus, $50K workout bonus.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Brock Coyle 1yr $1.45M deal, $1M base, $400K Signing Bonus, $50K workout bonus.

Thanks AB! 2 more to go (low-end salaries)...lots of space left!
Chris Jones deal, 1yr deal, $775K base salary(Only counts $615K against the cap as it's a Veteran Minimum Salary Benefits deal), $50K signing bonus, $665K salary cap number.

I have the 49ers at $75,452,076 under the cap before knowing Watson's terms, last player remaining.
Share 49ersWebzone