There are 197 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ryanoceros:
Originally posted by Ninersrisin:
Dude we have already said over and over that were are NOT doing Hard Knocks. This team will fight the league hard if they try to force us. Not going to be a good look for the NFL if they start forcing teams to play on their reality show.
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Pretty safe to say we just locked up Hard Knocks!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
trading for Brandon Graham

the fun starts 9am tomorrow

And signing ARob

Sammy Watkins is the better fit. Robinson has the size you look for, but coming off that injury I'm not sold on him bouncing back. Watkins is much more dangerous in my opinion and I think both can be had for fairly cheap compared to what other wideouts are making.

Couldn't you say though that Watkins is a bigger risk because he seems to get injured every season?
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
WE GOT our CB, now we need to draft the offensive Linema from Notre Dame. He is a high en 10-12 year player .i am one of the few who really believe in Joshua Garnett. It seems he has really bought into what Lynch & Shanny have asked of him. We would have a very young dynamic O-line

I agree. Garnett and Nelson could be a great pairing, especially in run blocking.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
WE GOT our CB, now we need to draft the offensive Linema from Notre Dame. He is a high en 10-12 year player .i am one of the few who really believe in Joshua Garnett. It seems he has really bought into what Lynch & Shanny have asked of him. We would have a very young dynamic O-line

we will still sign a free agent cb in my opinion and draft a kid on day three.. we need the center from iowa along with any other o lineman the team wants to draft and sign

Do you think the corner will be starter level (Johnson or Melvin) or more of a depth corner (Colvin, Breeland, etc.)?
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Niner's main selling point for free agents: Come to SF, where you can take a knee without any trouble.

Or maybe this line:
"We're on the 1-yard line here!" 49ers GM John Lynch said late Saturday
afternoon to the free-agent corner he was recruiting, Richard Sherman.

"We can do this! We can put this in the end zone!"
Sherman smiled. "I've been at the 1-yard line before,
"he said, "and it didn't go so well."

Lynch said: "I promise you, we won't throw it this time."

If only Lynch was there when Harbaugh had that scenario in Super Bowl XLVII.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Arsenal2004:
Do you think the corner will be starter level (Johnson or Melvin) or more of a depth corner (Colvin, Breeland, etc.)?
i think depth level, same with the rookie. but you know with the way we lose corners to injuries and the jury still out on sherman. they need to be ready to start and not give me a heart attack if they have to start like asa did
Originally posted by Arsenal2004:
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Niner's main selling point for free agents: Come to SF, where you can take a knee without any trouble.

Or maybe this line:
"We're on the 1-yard line here!" 49ers GM John Lynch said late Saturday
afternoon to the free-agent corner he was recruiting, Richard Sherman.

"We can do this! We can put this in the end zone!"
Sherman smiled. "I've been at the 1-yard line before,
"he said, "and it didn't go so well."

Lynch said: "I promise you, we won't throw it this time."

If only Lynch was there when Harbaugh had that scenario in Super Bowl XLVII.

If Only …

Although that SB loss HURT, my residual feelings have lessened to a Sting.
My reasoning … I still have the memories of the other five to cherish.

Unfortunately, not all living 49er Fans have this
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Harbaugh is a punk..

I stopped liking him as a coach the minute he had the 49ers memorabilia removed when he was trying to do his office..

He also was a punk for not signing Peyton Manning because he knew that he would not get the credit he would like as long as Manning was the QB.

The guy is bitter due to the turn out of his career.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Harbaugh is a punk..

I stopped liking him as a coach the minute he had the 49ers memorabilia removed when he was trying to do his office..

He also was a punk for not signing Peyton Manning because he knew that he would not get the credit he would like as long as Manning was the QB.

The guy is bitter due to the turn out of his career.

lol he would have to turnover the offense to Peyton cause he and everyone involved would know Peyton is smarter.
I have been holding out hope we sign Robinson but then it dawned on me that Garcon got a pretty nice contract and Goodwin was extended. Curious if that means were out on Allen Robinson as that would be a substantial amount of money dedicated to receivers. Thoughts?

I don't think Kyle Shannahan values Allen Robinson as much as we do.
I don't like paying big bucks for a WR. rather they pay that money toward the OL. New england hasn't had any true WR1 except for the randy moss(07-10) and they didn't win those years
our receiving cores are not as bad as people think. Another year with the playbook and more chemistry will improve our offense a lot
Originally posted by hubbyt:
I have been holding out hope we sign Robinson but then it dawned on me that Garcon got a pretty nice contract and Goodwin was extended. Curious if that means were out on Allen Robinson as that would be a substantial amount of money dedicated to receivers. Thoughts?

It is definitely starting to sound like we won't get a big name receiver (Robinson or Watkins) but maybe a Moncrief/Matthews type of receiver (someone young with untapped potential).
Originally posted by dioworld:
I don't like paying big bucks for a WR. rather they pay that money toward the OL. New england hasn't had any true WR1 except for the randy moss(07-10) and they didn't win those years
our receiving cores are not as bad as people think. Another year with the playbook and more chemistry will improve our offense a lot

New England also plays in a weak division/conference so having an elite receiver isn't as necessary.
I just hope that Lynch doesn't go too crazy with our cap resulting in us having to try and juggle the offensive line. The offensive line should be 2nd to the QB in terms of salary cap importance.
Share 49ersWebzone