LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lynch found our franchise QB and got him here. He may have drafted the anti-christ and he still did more good than bad. I think Reuben will be fine. Hes probably getting chewed the f**k out right now
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
What would Bellicheck do?

• dj43
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by dj43:
Lol

GM John Lynch (from April 27, 2017) after #49ers drafted Reuben Foster: "I feel really good not only because we got a great player, (but) because I think we're going to have a great plan for the young man both on (and off) the field and we care about the kid."

Lynch's statement can be absolutely true but it is up to Foster to do his part.

Obviously something went wrong but that does not put the blame on Lynch other than the hindsight judgement that Foster should not have been the pick in the first place.

No i disagree the blame goes 100% on lynch. He played with fire and got burned.

Yes, the blame lies on Lynch because he is the guy that makes the ultimate decision. However, I stand by my previous statement: Lynch felt they had a plan in place that would keep the kid in line. Unfortunately it now appears he needs a 24/7 chaperone. Foster did not fulfill his part of the bargain.

In hindsight, they should not have drafted him at all. Is what it is.
Lol

GM John Lynch (from April 27, 2017) after #49ers drafted Reuben Foster: "I feel really good not only because we got a great player, (but) because I think we're going to have a great plan for the young man both on (and off) the field and we care about the kid."

Lynch's statement can be absolutely true but it is up to Foster to do his part.

Obviously something went wrong but that does not put the blame on Lynch other than the hindsight judgement that Foster should not have been the pick in the first place.

No i disagree the blame goes 100% on lynch. He played with fire and got burned.

Yes, the blame lies on Lynch because he is the guy that makes the ultimate decision. However, I stand by my previous statement: Lynch felt they had a plan in place that would keep the kid in line. Unfortunately it now appears he needs a 24/7 chaperone. Foster did not fulfill his part of the bargain.

Yea. The problem when trying to fix these guys is, your dealing with Grown ass men. Its commendable to want to stick with someone and help them through issues, but it reality, its simply better to just avoid people that gravitate towards those issues to begin with.
Ima give you a pass john.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Hey swung for a home run. Looks like Ruben may be to much a knuckle head though

I ain't made. Draft another this year

And hey if foster can somehow make it past all this. We will be double talented
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
So what now, fire Lynch ?

no, just admit he made a mistake , he took a chance. he made a mistake. own up to it. do not dither. do not enable.

I still think given the circumstances last draft it was worth the chance. Sad he's a damn bonehead of a person, but thank god we didn't draft him at 3 lol
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

that is why i think, especially with our team supposedly in forward mode,. we cut our losses with him. and explore lots of options we have from drafting a nice kid one or two to a nice free agent or both

that is why i think, especially with our team supposedly in forward mode,. we cut our losses with him. and explore lots of options we have from drafting a nice kid one or two to a nice free agent or both

Thing is though I think a lot of this s**t goes on behind the scenes that we never hear about. Not saying he wasn't wrong just that they deal with s**t like this behind the scenes probably way more than we realize. And I think they can handle it and keep going forward as a team. Keeping him around isn't going to bring down the team. now he migh encounter some teammates who might not like him anymore but it isna't a popularity contest.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
So what now, fire Lynch ?

no, just admit he made a mistake , he took a chance. he made a mistake. own up to it. do not dither. do not enable.
for what.. he doesn't have to own up to another man's mistakes.

You act like this never happens in the NFL. Foster will get another chance and if he screws up it's on Foster not Lynch

Lynch will probably call W Sapp and ask if he could babysit Foster . . .
It's early in the process. Foster matter will be investigated by the DA's office. They will determine whether to officially Charge Foster in a law of court. There must be enough evidence that a crime happened and there must intent. Possession of an Assault Rife, and whether DV actually occurred. If the other person was hospitalized or checked due to bruising or some type of physical impairment evidence must be determined in the case.

Niners invested in him and it's too early to determine that a mistake of drafting him is admitted this early in the process.
Was there a report that there had been other disturbances at fosters place? Something about a welfare check?
Originally posted by tommyncal:
Lynch will probably call W Sapp and ask if he could babysit Foster . . .

At this point, it couldn't hurt.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Was there a report that there had been other disturbances at fosters place? Something about a welfare check?

Usually a welfare check is requested by someone. So a neighbor most likely called it in when they heard fighting, saw her crap on the street and Reuben dragging her outside.
Share 49ersWebzone