LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by susweel:
Lol

GM John Lynch (from April 27, 2017) after #49ers drafted Reuben Foster: "I feel really good not only because we got a great player, (but) because I think we're going to have a great plan for the young man both on (and off) the field and we care about the kid."

Lynch's statement can be absolutely true but it is up to Foster to do his part.

Obviously something went wrong but that does not put the blame on Lynch other than the hindsight judgement that Foster should not have been the pick in the first place.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by dj43:
Lol

GM John Lynch (from April 27, 2017) after #49ers drafted Reuben Foster: "I feel really good not only because we got a great player, (but) because I think we're going to have a great plan for the young man both on (and off) the field and we care about the kid."

Obviously something went wrong but that does not put the blame on Lynch other than the hindsight judgement that Foster should not have been the pick in the first place.

No i disagree the blame goes 100% on lynch. He played with fire and got burned.
Lol

Good, maybe this will make Lynch think twice before drafting a headcase
Bill Belichick drafted a murderer, so s**t happens.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

At least he got a few good years in before he started murdering.

lol
What would Bellicheck do?
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
What would Bellicheck do?

Not draft Foster in the first place
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Lol

you rip trent cuz he drafted a idiot skinny wide out in the first round and a bunch of acl guys and should have known better. than that same standard must apply to the golden boy lynch in my opinion. trent should have thought stuff through and so should have lynch on this situation. oh i am sorry. that is negative. ok. it is wonderful foster is in trouble. maybe it will be good for him in the end. all he did was drag a woman,. no big deal. very positive news today. this is just what will attract free agents to us knowing we have a guy whose idea it is to have fun at the end of the day is to drag a woman across the floor
Originally posted by cciowa:
Lol

you rip trent cuz he drafted a idiot skinny wide out in the first round and a bunch of acl guys and should have known better. than that same standard must apply to the golden boy lynch in my opinion. trent should have thought stuff through and so should have lynch on this situation. oh i am sorry. that is negative. ok. it is wonderful foster is in trouble. maybe it will be good for him in the end. all he did was drag a woman,. no big deal. very positive news today. this is just what will attract free agents to us knowing we have a guy whose idea it is to have fun at the end of the day is to drag a woman across the floor
So what now, fire Lynch ?

Lol

Holy crap who are dictators lol. Everything is negative with them and they act like theyre perfect human beings who make no mistakes. Take a chill pill guys and relax. Lynch is doing fine.
[ Edited by Ninerblood on Feb 12, 2018 at 3:57 PM ]
Well I'm glad the euphoria of the Jimmy G signing lasted all of 72hrs
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Lol

Its clear it was a mistake, but its Lynchs first year in any role even remotely related to running an NFL franchise.

He has had an amazing year outside of Foster. I know a lot of people were not 100% happy with the Thomas pick, but i think they will be by the end of next season.

Everything else has been flawless.

Now we see how Lynch adapts and adjusts to his mistakes. I expect this will be a huge wake up call, and we will no longer be drafting red flags early in the draft. weather they be Character, or Injury red flags. We have wasted too many early picks over the last 5 years.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

no, just admit he made a mistake , he took a chance. he made a mistake. own up to it. do not dither. do not enable.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Its clear it was a mistake, but its Lynchs first year in any role even remotely related to running an NFL franchise.

He has had an amazing year outside of Foster. I know a lot of people were not 100% happy with the Thomas pick, but i think they will be by the end of next season.

Everything else has been flawless.

Now we see how Lynch adapts and adjusts to his mistakes. I expect this will be a huge wake up call, and we will no longer be drafting red flags early in the draft. weather they be Character, or Injury red flags. We have wasted too many early picks over the last 5 years.
joe williams is a huge question mark as well. you are right about lynch and red flags. my point is that some seem horrified we are holding lynch responsible for a pick of a guy with lots of red flags and now he has gotten in trouble twice in a month. and some of us are being "negative" what exactly other than the timing of this is positive. lol
Share 49ersWebzone