LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
This is the 2nd podcast I've heard this week where they said ER is the #1 need. Do all of John Lynch's kids have 49er podcasts now?

🤣

I have no idea why none of these content creators think that RT is the #1 need at this point. I have heard FS, CB and ER but it seems like these folks are confident in what we already at the RT position. What the hell has Mckivitz shown up to this point that gives them such confidence in him?

I'm curious to see what we do regarding RT. I'm worried the team is going to bank on our young guys who've had little to no play time as their plan.
Not that it won't work out - just concerned about a backup plan if they don't.

i wish the team valued o line a little more over the years.
i also would like to see us get a Safety and edge
Rusher in the draft. They're not huge needs but may be in a season or two (specifically safety).

Our biggest needs just so happen to be the strength of this upcoming draft. The one huge need that we most likely wouldn't have been able to fill in the draft, we signed in the opening hours of FA.
This is the 2nd podcast I've heard this week where they said ER is the #1 need. Do all of John Lynch's kids have 49er podcasts now?

🤣

I have no idea why none of these content creators think that RT is the #1 need at this point. I have heard FS, CB and ER but it seems like these folks are confident in what we already at the RT position. What the hell has Mckivitz shown up to this point that gives them such confidence in him?

I'm curious to see what we do regarding RT. I'm worried the team is going to bank on our young guys who've had little to no play time as their plan.

Rusher in the draft. They're not huge needs but may be in a season or two (specifically safety).

Our biggest needs just so happen to be the strength of this upcoming draft. The one huge need that we most likely wouldn't have been able to fill in the draft, we signed in the opening hours of FA.

That's a really great point. We were the #1 defense without any interior pass rush and in part, because teams don't run anymore. But adding a top three pass rushing 3T can take this unit over the top and affect a passing league AND we were in no position to acquire this type of player in this draft (if he even existed).

Like Maiocco said, when they prioritize the OL like with Mike McGlinchey and Aaron Banks, they've been successful. And that's a great sign. When they don't, they haven't found any real success outside that even after years of development.

That means they may need to trade up for a higher level talent but the odds are good they'll hit. We could even use comp picks for next year if needed.

🤣

That's a really great point. We were the #1 defense without any interior pass rush and in part, because teams don't run anymore. But adding a top three pass rushing 3T can take this unit over the top and affect a passing league AND we were in no position to acquire this type of player in this draft (if he even existed).

Like Maiocco said, when they prioritize the OL like with Mike McGlinchey and Aaron Banks, they've been successful. And that's a great sign. When they don't, they haven't found any real success outside that even after years of development.

That means they may need to trade up for a higher level talent but the odds are good they'll hit. We could even use comp picks for next year if needed.

So we're drafting 3 RTs this draft and hope one can stick and rotate with McKivitz. The others can be swing tackles and back ups.
Originally posted by mitpdub:

🤣

So we're drafting 3 RTs this draft and hope one can stick and rotate with McKivitz. The others can be swing tackles and back ups.

LOL. We'll have 5 comp picks next year. We've got 3 picks from 99 to 102. I'm just saying we have the ammunition to move up into the 2nd round if there's a T they really like.

🤣

LOL. We'll have 5 comp picks next year. We've got 3 picks from 99 to 102. I'm just saying we have the ammunition to move up into the 2nd round if there's a T they really like.

Yup would be stunned if they don't move up
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

🤣

or what about trading those for an established RT, not a rookie ?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Mar 24, 2023 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

🤣

or what about trading those for an established RT not a rookie ?

mega millions dif in contracts
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

🤣

or what about trading those for an established RT not a rookie ?

Why not. GM's love trading these days. Gotta think outside the box a bit. Love the idea.
If they do trade up ( and I dont thnk they should, could use depth a lot of places) it should be for a free safety.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
If they do trade up ( and I dont thnk they should, could use depth a lot of places) it should be for a free safety.

FS would be a great get too esp. for next year.

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Anyone out there interesting you? I figure we want someone who can fly to play with Huf.

🤣

We have the 99, 101 and 102 pick in the draft. We can certainly move up to draft our next RT this year. The draft is supposed to be deep in OT's. So I see it as a strong possibility. Not to get too far a head of myself but we will have a 1st rounder next year and most likely looking for TW's replacement.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Originally posted by braap49er:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

https://youtu.be/JKvhn784PxE
Share 49ersWebzone