There are 175 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Our IR list speaks for itself every season. No one even needs to say anything lol.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baylor:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 9moon:

are you aware that every players that is not in KS' dog house are future HOFers??? all according to his followers !!

The Future Starts Sunday!!!

GO NINERSSSS !!!

we like our guys..... it was not the right time.. but damn we showed interest,...... rinse repeat lynch.. you got nothing else, i guess he thinks his water carriers are still buying this. but alot of us have grown weary and see him for what he is. snake oil salesman.. he likes our cornerbacks. what a moron

Did you even read anything I said about Gilmore's cap number, how we can't afford him right? I mean, you guys just keep saying the same s**t each week, act like we can just make cap room come out of nowhere, oh right, cause KC this KC that, we don't have the ability to just make cap room, Gilmore was never happening, same as Julio, yet people b***h about injuries, but then want to trade for players, big names, who are also guess what? Injured, makes no god damn sense.

Originally posted by stefano89:
Look what just got broadcast….I mean. Does anything else even need to be said????

Uh, we have changed out S&C staff, so Verrett tearing his ACL makes him soft? Mostert's injury? Wilson's injury? s**t happens, injuries are apart of the game, are the 3 RBs the Ravens lost before the season soft? What about all the other major injuries this season, are those guys soft? You act like only the 49ers have this issue, yet it's a grueling game, again our bodies aren't meant to take this kind of punishment. But keep acting like all players should be able to take the wear & tare that football puts on them, and just keep playing, why don't you go out there, and get hit by 300 lb men week in week out, and see how you do.

uhmmm...It's obvious that you are ALL IN with what they're doing now.. and I never said to sign GILMORE either... the point I'm making is that "we looked into it again "...

why do you need to look into it again if you know you can't afford the guy.. It's like going to a MORTON steak dinner when you know you can only afford YASHINOYA..

Look, bottom line is... WE HURTIN !!!

you missed the staff meeting. we are the best 2-2 team in the nfl who actually should be 3-1. people need to face facts. this entire team and roster was over valued by fans and a few members of the media in the pre season and i do not blame people for starting to question the competence of lynch. kyle as a head coach,. the dc and all of the coaches on this team.

No one's ever said any of this cc, and I'm just getting so sick of you and moon, both acting and sounding like morons, god I hate this site, gone so far downhill, all whining, b***hing, moaning, and complaining, every year, same s**t, new day type of stuff.

Agree 100%

It's a FORUM.... you are allowed to your opinion... if you like KS - heck, all power to you... but don't start hating because we got our own opinion..

it's not difference that the Joe vs Tom debate...
We are still rebuilding, after 5 years?
[ Edited by glorydayz on Oct 10, 2021 at 8:01 AM ]
Let's just hope that our luck with regards to injuries will change and we'll have a streak where they aren't so bad. I just wish they wouldn't hit the same area of the team so hard. Wiping out the RBs and DBs. Can't we spread it around a little. Other teams are having issues as well. The Ravens lost all their RBs anf=d NE is withiut their entire starting O line today.

If your kid is athletic steer him toward baseball or golf. He'll play longer and make more money. When he's done he won't be in pain for the rest of his life.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Oct 10, 2021 at 8:04 AM ]
Originally posted by glorydayz:

We've been rebuilding since Harbs left.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

We've been rebuilding since Harbs left.

We were rebuilding when we went to the SB in 2019?

Harbaugh didn't just rebuild when he got here, he reshaped and focused the team that couldn't win before he arrived.
[ Edited by glorydayz on Oct 10, 2021 at 8:22 AM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

are you aware that every players that is not in KS' dog house are future HOFers??? all according to his followers !!

The Future Starts Sunday!!!

GO NINERSSSS !!!

we like our guys..... it was not the right time.. but damn we showed interest,...... rinse repeat lynch.. you got nothing else, i guess he thinks his water carriers are still buying this. but alot of us have grown weary and see him for what he is. snake oil salesman.. he likes our cornerbacks. what a moron

Did you even read anything I said about Gilmore's cap number, how we can't afford him right? I mean, you guys just keep saying the same s**t each week, act like we can just make cap room come out of nowhere, oh right, cause KC this KC that, we don't have the ability to just make cap room, Gilmore was never happening, same as Julio, yet people b***h about injuries, but then want to trade for players, big names, who are also guess what? Injured, makes no god damn sense.

Originally posted by stefano89:
Look what just got broadcast….I mean. Does anything else even need to be said????

Uh, we have changed out S&C staff, so Verrett tearing his ACL makes him soft? Mostert's injury? Wilson's injury? s**t happens, injuries are apart of the game, are the 3 RBs the Ravens lost before the season soft? What about all the other major injuries this season, are those guys soft? You act like only the 49ers have this issue, yet it's a grueling game, again our bodies aren't meant to take this kind of punishment. But keep acting like all players should be able to take the wear & tare that football puts on them, and just keep playing, why don't you go out there, and get hit by 300 lb men week in week out, and see how you do.

uhmmm...It's obvious that you are ALL IN with what they're doing now.. and I never said to sign GILMORE either... the point I'm making is that "we looked into it again "...

why do you need to look into it again if you know you can't afford the guy.. It's like going to a MORTON steak dinner when you know you can only afford YASHINOYA..

Look, bottom line is... WE HURTIN !!!

you missed the staff meeting. we are the best 2-2 team in the nfl who actually should be 3-1. people need to face facts. this entire team and roster was over valued by fans and a few members of the media in the pre season and i do not blame people for starting to question the competence of lynch. kyle as a head coach,. the dc and all of the coaches on this team.

No one's ever said any of this cc, and I'm just getting so sick of you and moon, both acting and sounding like morons, god I hate this site, gone so far downhill, all whining, b***hing, moaning, and complaining, every year, same s**t, new day type of stuff.

Id recommend you only engage with people that like football. For too many here football doesn't seem enjoyable.
Just a reminder: "
  1. Be respectful of our online community. Contribute to an engaging conversation rather than resort to personal attacks, threats, or anything that may be considered offensive."
Not looking to blame anyone or any thing but looking for possible gross # of injuries explanation, one question comes to mind. When Harbaw was 1st here he inherited a stacked with talent team and he was great at organizing it. We blocked man/ power, and i don't recall EVER recall Harbaw having all OLs except LT (Big Trent) out with injury like at one time last season. So, for OL injury, and perhaps RB injury also, could the OZ or IZ blocking scheme have anything to do with the gross amount if OL/RB injuries we had last season? Could our blocking scheme itself be a cause of all the OL injuries we had last yr, and somehow with all those 300+ pounders running sideways, and RBs right behind or in the middle of them, could THAT have been , in part , a reason for the multiple OLine injuries, and same reasoning for RBs? (Being in same place at same time as OLs)

Surely that could be a possibility , but the one weak spot is ….that had nothing to do with the CBs, Ss, LBs, DLs that were out also. OZ/ IZ blocking had nothing to do with multiple losses on all the D positions we had injured. One game last yr we had ONE starter on the DL and same for rotational DLs also.
Offensive blocking had nothing to do with the D.

It seems more logical that ALL the injuries, both O and D, are somehow related. Our particular O blocking scheme doesn't translate to D injuries. But perhaps it is a partial explanation for OL and RB injuries. I'm still missing the overarching reason for the massive injury problem. Maybe Joe Staley is a lot more right than some think. NFLPA wanted less and less pad time in OTAs, TCs and PSs, and that meant going from severe hits and contact to way , way less contact prior to season, than in the "Good old days". I agreed with that sentiment long before Joe came out and actually said it. Look around the league and injuries are way up. Sure we are at the bottom of the heap, but there is just no question we are doing something different from others who have lots less AGL.

I think it prudent to keep the type of OL blocking Kyle uses as a possibility for OL(and maybe RB) injuries last yr and all previous 4 yrs,(altho our incr injuries go back 7 full yrs which means before Kyle). Also Joe Staley's thots should be taken seriously, but good luck getting NFLPA to back down on that one.

True, moneyball (paying great players with injury hx less money) , has to have been a part of all this. And when you look at the IR and PUP list right now, a lot of those guys were injured LAST yr. So maybe we haven't whittled down the injury problem guys from the team yet. Thus, unsurprisingly, some same guys are out with injury who were out last yr. This idea is a keeper for me, but not the whole story. This (injury issue) almost has to be multifactorial in nature and we don't have a handle on it yet.

Agreed that some of this IS just football…eg, Nicky B. This is a nut cutter tough sport and guys get injured. But there have to be other things we are doing that contribute to this travesty, and nobody yet seems to have the answer. Oh…just bad luck? Sure, maybe a tiny percentage, but obviously 7 yrs later this cannot be just "bad luck". As mentioned before, S&C has to be part of this also , but again, they are paid to keep healthy guys healthy. When a moneyball guy is signed, it isn't S& C's job to bring them back to normal. Post op is way , way too late for S& C to do anything.

Sure wish i had the answer, but the above are things to at least think of.
fire him

Move him to team President and bring in a real GM.
Time for Jed to promote Adam Peters and give him full control (over Kyle). Move Lynch to another position or fire him. If Kyle doesn't like it, trade him and let Peters hire a new coach.
Originally posted by luis1985:
Time for Jed to promote Adam Peters and give him full control (over Kyle). Move Lynch to another position or fire him. If Kyle doesn't like it, trade him and let Peters hire a new coach.

you all have little patience for how football works.
This isn't a Lynch problem. If you replace him with Peters you have the same issue.
Problem is Kyle. His dominating personality and poor talent evaluation is the reason why we draft poorly in the initial rounds. He puts in a couple hours of film, sets his sights on a couple guys he likes and they go after them. Lynch even acquiesced to his wish for Joe Williams even though the scouts removed him off their board.
And why do we draft well in the later rounds? Cause Kyle didn't go deep enough and let's Peters and the scouts to do their job.
I honestly believe the Niners would draft better if Kyle wasn't in the draft room.
Originally posted by Rice-a-Ronnie:
This isn't a Lynch problem. If you replace him with Peters you have the same issue.
Problem is Kyle. His dominating personality and poor talent evaluation is the reason why we draft poorly in the initial rounds. He puts in a couple hours of film, sets his sights on a couple guys he likes and they go after them. Lynch even acquiesced to his wish for Joe Williams even though the scouts removed him off their board.
And why do we draft well in the later rounds? Cause Kyle didn't go deep enough and let's Peters and the scouts to do their job.
I honestly believe the Niners would draft better if Kyle wasn't in the draft room.
I tend to lean this way too.
Share 49ersWebzone