LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Polkadots:
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
We got the proverbial "We like the guys we have" BS again. There's no way we like the guys we have at corner and at running back.

There is no way they like who they have, especially at CB. I'd rather John be honest, or say nothing at all. His comments bother me almost as much as the team's actions (or lack thereof).

This. But then again Moseley did play pretty good last Sunday.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Polkadots:
We got the proverbial "We like the guys we have" BS again. There's no way we like the guys we have at corner and at running back.

There is no way they like who they have, especially at CB. I'd rather John be honest, or say nothing at all. His comments bother me almost as much as the team's actions (or lack thereof).

This. But then again Moseley did play pretty good last Sunday.

Feels like they may be close at times. I want to see what E-Man, Norman, Williams, and Lenoir can do together.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 9moon:
uhmmm...It's obvious that you are ALL IN with what they're doing now.. and I never said to sign GILMORE either... the point I'm making is that "we looked into it again "...

why do you need to look into it again if you know you can't afford the guy.. It's like going to a MORTON steak dinner when you know you can only afford YASHINOYA..

Look, bottom line is... WE HURTIN !!!

you missed the staff meeting. we are the best 2-2 team in the nfl who actually should be 3-1. people need to face facts. this entire team and roster was over valued by fans and a few members of the media in the pre season and i do not blame people for starting to question the competence of lynch. kyle as a head coach,. the dc and all of the coaches on this team.

are you aware that every players that is not in KS' dog house are future HOFers??? all according to his followers !!

The Future Starts Sunday!!!

GO NINERSSSS !!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

are you aware that every players that is not in KS' dog house are future HOFers??? all according to his followers !!

GO NINERSSSS !!!

we like our guys..... it was not the right time.. but damn we showed interest,...... rinse repeat lynch.. you got nothing else, i guess he thinks his water carriers are still buying this. but alot of us have grown weary and see him for what he is. snake oil salesman.. he likes our cornerbacks. what a moron

I like the guys we have at running back. Mostert, Hasty, Wilson jr. Other than the fact that they are injured, and I am not sure how even the webzone can blame that on Lynch, that looks like a good group. And when you add Mitchell and Sermon, that looks like a great bunch.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by stefano89:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Koldo:
"We have a top-5 roster"

"Shanahan is a top-5 coach"

"we have a top-3 D-line"

"We hit on 70% of our draft picks or UDFA's"

"Lynch should be NFL Executive of the Year"

So, please explain to me how come we suck so bad (31-37 under Shanahan)?

answer me this, how many games have we had to play with a backup or third string QB in that span of time?

injury decimated seasons. its so f**kin simple i dont get why people refuse to accept it. the denial is real amongst the niner fans. no one will accept that we have the softest roster in the league.

You lost me at softest roster, when the fact is injuries are apart of the game, they happen to every team, some more than other, doesn't mean a player is soft or not. Again as I've always said, our bodies were never meant to take this kind of punishment, yet people think that players should be like The Avengers, able to take a pounding week in week out, with no injuries.

Call it how you want but a roster that constantly is out due to injury is soft. I don't like it an wish it wasn't true but we can't keep denying reality. Injuries are a part of the game, but injury plagued entire seasons like Wev had are not a part of the game. If they were then most other teams would be playing on the same level we are. an they aren't. Their playing with most of their weapons out there. We're playing with like 50% of our weapons. Every f**kin season. This isn't "a part of the game"

Our RB1 is out for the season. CB1 out for the season. CB2 wasn't healthy until like week 3. RB2 went on IR before the season even started. TE1 out due to injury already. QB1 out already for who knows how long. starting LT hand injury already that took him out of a game, we will be losing him to that again. Our kicker out already for who knows how long. From an injury in a f**kin warm up. Our 2nd best LB has already missed the majority of the season. s**t we still have a WR whose been in IR 3 years in a row (hurd). Should I keep going??

this isn't normal people. This isn't the nfl. This is a 49er problem. And it's not a coaching or talent issue it's a conditioning issue. These players bodies are flat out not ready to play football. Call it whining or whatever you want but I'm just Callin it what it is. Nothing wrong with being realistic. Nothing I just said was exaggerated or over-stated. It's all true. The fan base needs to face the music. Until they change the S&C staff none of this will change.
Too moneyball when factoring health?
"We have a top-5 roster"

"we have a top-3 D-line"

answer me this, how many games have we had to play with a backup or third string QB in that span of time?

injury decimated seasons. its so f**kin simple i dont get why people refuse to accept it. the denial is real amongst the niner fans. no one will accept that we have the softest roster in the league.

You lost me at softest roster, when the fact is injuries are apart of the game, they happen to every team, some more than other, doesn't mean a player is soft or not. Again as I've always said, our bodies were never meant to take this kind of punishment, yet people think that players should be like The Avengers, able to take a pounding week in week out, with no injuries.

Call it how you want but a roster that constantly is out due to injury is soft. I don't like it an wish it wasn't true but we can't keep denying reality. Injuries are a part of the game, but injury plagued entire seasons like Wev had are not a part of the game. If they were then most other teams would be playing on the same level we are. an they aren't. Their playing with most of their weapons out there. We're playing with like 50% of our weapons. Every f**kin season. This isn't "a part of the game"

Our RB1 is out for the season. CB1 out for the season. CB2 wasn't healthy until like week 3. RB2 went on IR before the season even started. TE1 out due to injury already. QB1 out already for who knows how long. starting LT hand injury already that took him out of a game, we will be losing him to that again. Our kicker out already for who knows how long. From an injury in a f**kin warm up. Our 2nd best LB has already missed the majority of the season. s**t we still have a WR whose been in IR 3 years in a row (hurd). Should I keep going??

this isn't normal people. This isn't the nfl. This is a 49er problem. And it's not a coaching or talent issue it's a conditioning issue. These players bodies are flat out not ready to play football. Call it whining or whatever you want but I'm just Callin it what it is. Nothing wrong with being realistic. Nothing I just said was exaggerated or over-stated. It's all true. The fan base needs to face the music. Until they change the S&C staff none of this will change.

Look what just got broadcast….I mean. Does anything else even need to be said????

GO NINERSSSS !!!

we like our guys..... it was not the right time.. but damn we showed interest,...... rinse repeat lynch.. you got nothing else, i guess he thinks his water carriers are still buying this. but alot of us have grown weary and see him for what he is. snake oil salesman.. he likes our cornerbacks. what a moron

Did you even read anything I said about Gilmore's cap number, how we can't afford him right? I mean, you guys just keep saying the same s**t each week, act like we can just make cap room come out of nowhere, oh right, cause KC this KC that, we don't have the ability to just make cap room, Gilmore was never happening, same as Julio, yet people b***h about injuries, but then want to trade for players, big names, who are also guess what? Injured, makes no god damn sense.

Look what just got broadcast….I mean. Does anything else even need to be said????

Uh, we have changed out S&C staff, so Verrett tearing his ACL makes him soft? Mostert's injury? Wilson's injury? s**t happens, injuries are apart of the game, are the 3 RBs the Ravens lost before the season soft? What about all the other major injuries this season, are those guys soft? You act like only the 49ers have this issue, yet it's a grueling game, again our bodies aren't meant to take this kind of punishment. But keep acting like all players should be able to take the wear & tare that football puts on them, and just keep playing, why don't you go out there, and get hit by 300 lb men week in week out, and see how you do.

uhmmm...It's obvious that you are ALL IN with what they're doing now.. and I never said to sign GILMORE either... the point I'm making is that "we looked into it again "...

why do you need to look into it again if you know you can't afford the guy.. It's like going to a MORTON steak dinner when you know you can only afford YASHINOYA..

you missed the staff meeting. we are the best 2-2 team in the nfl who actually should be 3-1. people need to face facts. this entire team and roster was over valued by fans and a few members of the media in the pre season and i do not blame people for starting to question the competence of lynch. kyle as a head coach,. the dc and all of the coaches on this team.

No one's ever said any of this cc, and I'm just getting so sick of you and moon, both acting and sounding like morons, god I hate this site, gone so far downhill, all whining, b***hing, moaning, and complaining, every year, same s**t, new day type of stuff.
A lot of people value your opinion here.Although pissed I know everyone hopes you ride it out .Negativity is apparently in fashion these days. originally posted by AB81Rules:
Did you even read anything I said about Gilmore's cap number, how we can't afford him right? I mean, you guys just keep saying the same s**t each week, act like we can just make cap room come out of nowhere, oh right, cause KC this KC that, we don't have the ability to just make cap room, Gilmore was never happening, same as Julio, yet people b***h about injuries, but then want to trade for players, big names, who are also guess what? Injured, makes no god damn sense.

Uh, we have changed out S&C staff, so Verrett tearing his ACL makes him soft? Mostert's injury? Wilson's injury? s**t happens, injuries are apart of the game, are the 3 RBs the Ravens lost before the season soft? What about all the other major injuries this season, are those guys soft? You act like only the 49ers have this issue, yet it's a grueling game, again our bodies aren't meant to take this kind of punishment. But keep acting like all players should be able to take the wear & tare that football puts on them, and just keep playing, why don't you go out there, and get hit by 300 lb men week in week out, and see how you do.

No one's ever said any of this cc, and I'm just getting so sick of you and moon, both acting and sounding like morons, god I hate this site, gone so far downhill, all whining, b***hing, moaning, and complaining, every year, same s**t, new day type of stuff.

"We have a top-5 roster"

"we have a top-3 D-line"

The NFL is all about two things: 1. Injuries and 2. Turnovers

And we suck at both annually.

The one year in the last 8 we were tops in just one of those two categories, we went to the Superbowl.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 9, 2021 at 4:00 PM ]
Originally posted by scottym:
A lot of people value your opinion here.Although pissed I know everyone hopes you ride it out .Negativity is apparently in fashion these days. originally posted by AB81Rules:

We moan, b***h and complain because we have had 1 winning season in the last 8 years. Why should we be content with losing?

GO NINERSSSS !!!

Agree 100%
Originally posted by NCommand:
The NFL is all about two things: 1. Injuries and 2. Turnovers

And we suck at both annually.

The one year in the last 8 we were tops in just one of those two categories, we went to the Superbowl.

And yet every team deals with injuries every year, doesn't make anyone soft, it's apart of the game, I don't get how anyone can all any player soft because they got hurt, again if these people believe that, then go out, play against 300lb players, get thrown around, have your knees bent in ways it's not supposed to bend, and then tell me how it feels, are you injured? I'm sick of people acting like everyone playing football should always be healthy, not get hurt, or tough it out, again go do what these guys are doing for a living, acting like these guys are out of shape, s**t happens, again, are the 3 RBs from BAL soft due to the injuries before the season? Is Verrett soft due to the torn ACL? You can get hurt on a football field, or doing anything in your personal life, injuries happen everyday to ordinary people, are they soft too?

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
We moan, b***h and complain because we have had 1 winning season in the last 8 years. Why should we be content with losing?

Yet it's a frigging game, it doesn't effect your life personally, unless you're betting on games, which is then your problem. I don't get bent out of shape over a football game, the pandemic taught be that there's more things in life that matter than a game. But am I happy we've had 1 winning season in a long time? No, but it's a game, I'm just happy to be here every day that I am.
Yet it's a frigging game, it doesn't effect your life personally, unless you're betting on games, which is then your problem. I don't get bent out of shape over a football game, the pandemic taught be that there's more things in life that matter than a game. But am I happy we've had 1 winning season in a long time? No, but it's a game, I'm just happy to be here every day that I am.

I agree with what you said regarding Gilmore / the money situation. Facts can be argued with evidence. But, I disagree with the part I have quoted above.

I want to keep politics out of this, so I will just say this type of perspective is reflective of our society as a whole. People take their perspective and apply it to others, as though that's the lens everyone ought to be using. I think we would all be better if we just live and let live. You see the world in a new light thanks to COVID. Others, though, hold this team and their performances a bit closer. Thus, they get frustrated / angry, by comparison, when things do not work out. I think it works out best if we allow everyone the space to feel however it is they feel.

Facts can be argued. Feelings...that's a bit too subjective for me to debate (yes--I recognize the irony).
Share 49ersWebzone