Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Koldo:
"We have a top-5 roster"

"Shanahan is a top-5 coach"

"we have a top-3 D-line"

"We hit on 70% of our draft picks or UDFA's"

"Lynch should be NFL Executive of the Year"

So, please explain to me how come we suck so bad (31-37 under Shanahan)?

answer me this, how many games have we had to play with a backup or third string QB in that span of time?

injury decimated seasons. its so f**kin simple i dont get why people refuse to accept it. the denial is real amongst the niner fans. no one will accept that we have the softest roster in the league.
Originally posted by stefano89:
"We have a top-5 roster"

"we have a top-3 D-line"

answer me this, how many games have we had to play with a backup or third string QB in that span of time?

injury decimated seasons. its so f**kin simple i dont get why people refuse to accept it. the denial is real amongst the niner fans. no one will accept that we have the softest roster in the league.

You lost me at softest roster, when the fact is injuries are apart of the game, they happen to every team, some more than other, doesn't mean a player is soft or not. Again as I've always said, our bodies were never meant to take this kind of punishment, yet people think that players should be like The Avengers, able to take a pounding week in week out, with no injuries.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
You lost me at softest roster, when the fact is injuries are apart of the game, they happen to every team, some more than other, doesn't mean a player is soft or not. Again as I've always said, our bodies were never meant to take this kind of punishment, yet people think that players should be like The Avengers, able to take a pounding week in week out, with no injuries.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Lol ok, you got me there, I should have known someone would make a joke like that, needed that laugh lol, especially from you bro.
"We have a top-5 roster"

"we have a top-3 D-line"

We've led the league in injuries.
"We have a top-5 roster"

"we have a top-3 D-line"

don't waste time with the clueless fans AB it's like talking to a wall, just laugh at them and watch them get mad every Sunday for a football game. You're perhaps in the 1% of the members of this forum who are actually smart
[ Edited by richterkbelmont on Oct 7, 2021 at 5:59 PM ]
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
"We have a top-5 roster"

"we have a top-3 D-line"

don't waste time with the clueless fans AB it's like talking to a wall, just laugh at them and watch them get mad every Sunday for a football game. You're perhaps in the 1% of the members of this forum who are actually smart

I hear ya, and I appreciate the compliment, I'm trying to ignore the well morons and as you say clueless fans who just moan, b***h, and whine about everything, just some get on my nerves, I think you know who they are.
Has anyone pondered how a person plays football withOUT getting injured all the time? You're getting slammed and tossed by 200 - 300+ pound men that train all year round to slam and toss people. It's honestly a miracle that there aren't more injuries in the league to me

Go niners!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
all of a sudden we got posters in deflection mode with our injuries saying well its a physical sport. players are not meant to take that.. if properly trained they can handle it.. goes back to our team not being ready physically or mentally. we are the most injured team in the nfl and it has to run deeper than. oh,, things happen. oh we are cursed., of course when you take players like a defensive tackle with the first round trying to fill the shoes of a all pro guy who has bad knees. what do you expect will happen. lynch or kyle. or whoever.
Originally posted by cciowa:
all of a sudden we got posters in deflection mode with our injuries saying well its a physical sport. players are not meant to take that.. if properly trained they can handle it.. goes back to our team not being ready physically or mentally. we are the most injured team in the nfl and it has to run deeper than. oh,, things happen. oh we are cursed., of course when you take players like a defensive tackle with the first round trying to fill the shoes of a all pro guy who has bad knees. what do you expect will happen. lynch or kyle. or whoever.

Huh? No training can make you handle the punishment that football will put on your body.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Oct 7, 2021 at 7:20 PM ]

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
KYLE - looked into it again... just like the way he looked at Brady and decided to stick w/a QB that HE and/OR the media can blame..

man, .... " It's getting old "
we went from win now. we have the best roster in the nfl. super bowl or bust. to.. well. we have growing pains we had a moral win vs seattle, we need patience with trey, BUT NEXT YEAR!!,, everytime there is a guy out there who could help us that we do not get... we hear kyle and lynch. say. we tried. we showed interest.... they just say that to placate their base and make it look like they are doing something

Umm, have you checked his cap number, it's over $6.137M, we'd have needed to create over $2.1M in cap room, plus more for in season moves, the only two guys we could have redone to save any room were AA & Laken, and after those 2, we'd only have $3.8M ish for the rest of 2021, with 14 weeks left, enough with this we could have, we should have, no we COULDN'T, we can't afford to pay a 31/32 yr old CB $15M a yr long term when we have other homegrown guys like Deebo, Bosa, Dre, Aiyuk, etc... up in the next 2 yrs, especially when the cap isn't going up until 2023 or 2024 at the earliest, and I don't want to hear well KC this KC that, they had guys with big enough salaries to create cap room, you do remember what we did in the offseason with little cap room right? Well most if not all of those guys signed for minimum base salaries, meaning no ability to save money from them. Only 3 guys have base salaries high enough to save money, AA, Laken, and Jimmy(this isn't happening, it'd be dumb, you'd lose cap room next year). Enough clamoring for the big names that become available, had he been cut, sure, we could have tried to sign him, but we can't afford Gilmore at $6.137M.

uhmmm...It's obvious that you are ALL IN with what they're doing now.. and I never said to sign GILMORE either... the point I'm making is that "we looked into it again "...

why do you need to look into it again if you know you can't afford the guy.. It's like going to a MORTON steak dinner when you know you can only afford YASHINOYA..

Look, bottom line is... WE HURTIN !!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Huh? No training can make you handle the punishment that football will put on your body.

I just do not buy the line. that our injuries come from the fact.. oh its football. oh we are cursed. but the injuries are a nice built in excuse for our poor play . i think it is wiser to look beyond that. look at the players we obtain. look at the medical staff we have. look at the coaches we have. i understand that anyone who dares question kyle or lynch deserves to have their fandom called into legitimacy but thats my take.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
uhmmm...It's obvious that you are ALL IN with what they're doing now.. and I never said to sign GILMORE either... the point I'm making is that "we looked into it again "...

why do you need to look into it again if you know you can't afford the guy.. It's like going to a MORTON steak dinner when you know you can only afford YASHINOYA..

Look, bottom line is... WE HURTIN !!!

you missed the staff meeting. we are the best 2-2 team in the nfl who actually should be 3-1. people need to face facts. this entire team and roster was over valued by fans and a few members of the media in the pre season and i do not blame people for starting to question the competence of lynch. kyle as a head coach,. the dc and all of the coaches on this team.
We got the proverbial "We like the guys we have" BS again. There's no way we like the guys we have at corner and at running back.
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
We got the proverbial "We like the guys we have" BS again. There's no way we like the guys we have at corner and at running back.

There is no way they like who they have, especially at CB. I'd rather John be honest, or say nothing at all. His comments bother me almost as much as the team's actions (or lack thereof).
Share 49ersWebzone