There are 149 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
https://49erscap.com/index.php/2021/10/07/explaining-why-the-49ers-didnt-make-a-play-for-cb-stephon-gilmore/
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 9moon:
KYLE - looked into it again... just like the way he looked at Brady and decided to stick w/a QB that HE and/OR the media can blame..

man, .... " It's getting old "
we went from win now. we have the best roster in the nfl. super bowl or bust. to.. well. we have growing pains we had a moral win vs seattle, we need patience with trey, BUT NEXT YEAR!!,, everytime there is a guy out there who could help us that we do not get... we hear kyle and lynch. say. we tried. we showed interest.... they just say that to placate their base and make it look like they are doing something

Umm, have you checked his cap number, it's over $6.137M, we'd have needed to create over $2.1M in cap room, plus more for in season moves, the only two guys we could have redone to save any room were AA & Laken, and after those 2, we'd only have $3.8M ish for the rest of 2021, with 14 weeks left, enough with this we could have, we should have, no we COULDN'T, we can't afford to pay a 31/32 yr old CB $15M a yr long term when we have other homegrown guys like Deebo, Bosa, Dre, Aiyuk, etc... up in the next 2 yrs, especially when the cap isn't going up until 2023 or 2024 at the earliest, and I don't want to hear well KC this KC that, they had guys with big enough salaries to create cap room, you do remember what we did in the offseason with little cap room right? Well most if not all of those guys signed for minimum base salaries, meaning no ability to save money from them. Only 3 guys have base salaries high enough to save money, AA, Laken, and Jimmy(this isn't happening, it'd be dumb, you'd lose cap room next year). Enough clamoring for the big names that become available, had he been cut, sure, we could have tried to sign him, but we can't afford Gilmore at $6.137M.

Thank you AB…needed to be said. I knew it was tight but just AA and Laken? And in a 31 yr/old guy with injury hx? This was a no brainer. Sure we were desperate, but not under these circumstances.
AB throwing down the truth gauntlet
Originally posted by illinois9er:

It's still Inexcusable to have another losing season at this point. We're In the 5th year of the rebuild, we should be competing for playoff contention every year.. and I disagree with some of those Draft grades, that's coming from someone ( myself ) who has supported Lynch from the beginning.
Originally posted by Sickaa:

It's still Inexcusable to have another losing season at this point. We're In the 5th year of the rebuild, we should be competing for playoff contention every year.. and I disagree with some of those Draft grades, that's coming from someone ( myself ) who has supported Lynch from the beginning.

Agreed. if they have done so well then what's up with the results.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I want the job of "Staff member who looks into it." Is that listed on the 49ers site anywhere?

Please tell me what you disagree about, also this isn't the 2011 49ers that when Harbaugh/Baalke took over had a s**t ton of talent left from 2010's roster, this team has been overhauled, because of the mess we were in thanks to Baalke. We're 2-2, it's week 5, and everyone wants to panic, so what it's yr 5, did you really expect them to compete for a SB in the first 4 yrs? They turned it around in 3yrs, had a bad year injury wise in 2020, now 2021 is 4 weeks deep, we've lost a good amount of guys, but it's not the end of the world or the season because we didn't go out and trade for Gilmore, who is also Injured.

As for draft grades, is it the 30%-35% you disagree about? Cause that's the number that most hold teams accountable, whether they hit or miss, like I said the majority of draft picks don't see yr 3 of their rookie deals, let alone a 2nd contract, that's why it's a crapshoot, you think Belicheck nails every pick? I wonder if Pats fans think he should be fired, cause you know, he let Brady walk.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Thank you AB…needed to be said. I knew it was tight but just AA and Laken? And in a 31 yr/old guy with injury hx? This was a no brainer. Sure we were desperate, but not under these circumstances.

I don't get it, they complain about our guys getting hurt, but when a big name comes available, and he also has been hurt, they want him, why? Cause he's a big name? I don't get it.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
"We have a top-5 roster"

"Shanahan is a top-5 coach"

"we have a top-3 D-line"

"We hit on 70% of our draft picks or UDFA's"

"Lynch should be NFL Executive of the Year"

So, please explain to me how come we suck so bad (31-37 under Shanahan)?
Please tell me what you disagree about, also this isn't the 2011 49ers that when Harbaugh/Baalke took over had a s**t ton of talent left from 2010's roster, this team has been overhauled, because of the mess we were in thanks to Baalke. We're 2-2, it's week 5, and everyone wants to panic, so what it's yr 5, did you really expect them to compete for a SB in the first 4 yrs? They turned it around in 3yrs, had a bad year injury wise in 2020, now 2021 is 4 weeks deep, we've lost a good amount of guys, but it's not the end of the world or the season because we didn't go out and trade for Gilmore, who is also Injured.

As for draft grades, is it the 30%-35% you disagree about? Cause that's the number that most hold teams accountable, whether they hit or miss, like I said the majority of draft picks don't see yr 3 of their rookie deals, let alone a 2nd contract, that's why it's a crapshoot, you think Belicheck nails every pick? I wonder if Pats fans think he should be fired, cause you know, he let Brady walk.

I'm referring to the actual grades of some of our draft picks.. for example.

McGlinchey was drafted top 10, he's been far too Inconsistent to be considered anything other than slightly above average Imo.

Kinlaw has flashed at times but you'd expect much more from a player who was drafted as high as he was.

Aiyuk showed potential of being great year 1, but has been demoted to punt returner right now.

Wish.. as much as I like him, there's no need to draft a punter that high, especially when we needed a Cb.

As for the current season, I agree. It's still early, do need to panic yet, but another losing season and a lot of frustration would start to creep In amongst the fans. With that being said, I'm still confident we'll reach the playoffs.

Originally posted by Koldo:
"We have a top-5 roster"

"we have a top-3 D-line"

Again, do you remember the roster we had in 2017? What was leftover from the s**t show that was Trent Baalke's era? Compared to what Harbaugh & Baalke had in 2011? You think rookies are going to come in yr 1 and light it up, while the team will make the playoffs and super bowl each year?

As for the record, again, 2017, did you expect them to be in the NFC Title game like Harbaugh did with that roster we had in 2017 vs 2011? In 2018 Jimmy tore his ACL, did you expect Mullens/Beathard to take the team to the playoffs? Injuries are apart of the game, and it sucks, but that along with a s**tty leftover roster are the main reasons why we've had 3 losing seasons out of 4 under Kyle.

And it takes a good 3-5 years for all picks to develop, and again, the draft is a crapshoot, again, most picks don't see a 2nd deal, hell they don't make it to yr 3.

McGlinchey was drafted top 10, he's been far too Inconsistent to be considered anything other than slightly above average Imo.

Kinlaw has flashed at times but you'd expect much more from a player who was drafted as high as he was.

Aiyuk showed potential of being great year 1, but has been demoted to punt returner right now.

Wish.. as much as I like him, there's no need to draft a punter that high, especially when we needed a Cb.

As for the current season, I agree. It's still early, do need to panic yet, but another losing season and a lot of frustration would start to creep In amongst the fans. With that being said, I'm still confident we'll reach the playoffs.

For what McGlinchey does, he's been a good player, not great, I'm not happy with his pass protection, but he's a very good run blocker.

It's too early to talk about Kinlaw or Aiyuk, despite the fact that both are starting, Aiyuk has been playing way more on offense since week 3 vs the Packers.

idk how the season will go, like I said, our best shot is with Jimmy at QB, Lance needs to learn fast, he's not ready to be the starter, but he may have to be, if Jimmy is back, I'm sure we make the playoffs. I think we may have won Sunday had Jimmy not been hurt, cause other than a few passes, Lance looked exactly like a rookie out there, overthrows, bad passes, bad reads, etc...

At the end of the day, I refuse to give up, or go into panic mode, plus it's a game, it's not the end of the world, not my money, I have bigger things to worry about, like the fact that I'm getting tested for COVID today, been sick for the past week, finally got it for a testing, the pandemic has taught me a lot about my priorities, sports, I love it, love my teams(49ers, NY Rangers, Rockets) but in the end, my life, my health(physical, mental, etc...) are more important than worrying about how my sports teams do, pre-pandemic, I would go crazy, now, I don't, I'm just grateful to be hear every day that I am. Life's too short to be worrying about a game, when my life(living) is more important to me.
As for Wishbnowsky(just saw him on the list), yeah not a fan of drafting a P in the 4th, but apparently the Pats were gonna take him, he's been good for us, not a fan of drafting one in the 4th, and yeah we could have used it on a CB or something else, but, looking at the 2019 draft, Bosa, Deebo, Dre(till injury) & Wish were all contributing, plus Lenoir looks good, I have faith in Ambry, he needs to get up-to-date being he was a opt-out last season. But yeah, not a fan of taking a P that high, but I can't remember the round, but Andy Lee, might have been 6th, but he turned out pretty good. I'm not saying I agree with everything they've done, hated the Buckner trade, wish that never happened, if Kinlaw ends up what I think he can be then ok, besides they couldn't afford Buck, Kittle, Warner, Trent, Bosa, and others long term, especially not in 2021, even without AA & Ward.

For what McGlinchey does, he's been a good player, not great, I'm not happy with his pass protection, but he's a very good run blocker.

It's too early to talk about Kinlaw or Aiyuk, despite the fact that both are starting, Aiyuk has been playing way more on offense since week 3 vs the Packers.

idk how the season will go, like I said, our best shot is with Jimmy at QB, Lance needs to learn fast, he's not ready to be the starter, but he may have to be, if Jimmy is back, I'm sure we make the playoffs. I think we may have won Sunday had Jimmy not been hurt, cause other than a few passes, Lance looked exactly like a rookie out there, overthrows, bad passes, bad reads, etc...

At the end of the day, I refuse to give up, or go into panic mode, plus it's a game, it's not the end of the world, not my money, I have bigger things to worry about, like the fact that I'm getting tested for COVID today, been sick for the past week, finally got it for a testing, the pandemic has taught me a lot about my priorities, sports, I love it, love my teams(49ers, NY Rangers, Rockets) but in the end, my life, my health(physical, mental, etc...) are more important than worrying about how my sports teams do, pre-pandemic, I would go crazy, now, I don't, I'm just grateful to be hear every day that I am. Life's too short to be worrying about a game, when my life(living) is more important to me.

Sanity comes to the webzone! Thanks AB, agree 100%.
Originally posted by Koldo:
"We have a top-5 roster"

"we have a top-3 D-line"

answer me this, how many games have we had to play with a backup or third string QB in that span of time?
Share 49ersWebzone