LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Schefter just said on ESPN he expects the Jets to keep Darnold and possibly shop the #2 pick

Lynch. You know what to do.

They can go into next year with Darnold and Mullens lol
The team needs help in Offensive line, cb, edge rushers, safety, qb, kicker...

This after 4 years. No one is up in arms with lynch? This is the state of the franchise after 4 years? Why are we ok with this?? Because we have kittle and warner? Bosa was easy at #2. He gets a pass?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

This after 4 years. No one is up in arms with lynch? This is the state of the franchise after 4 years? Why are we ok with this?? Because we have kittle and warner? Bosa was easy at #2. He gets a pass?

The team is one year removed from the super bowl, and both the GM and HC signed extensions. Calm yourself.

It will be a tough offseason, but they aren't dumb. They know they need to address key needs.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
3 out of the 5 years, Lynch and Co have now drafted basically the #1 player @ that said position.... Kittle #1 TE, Warner #1 LB, Bosa (Could still be#1 next year) i'll give him credit for that, but they've missed on a few as well unfortunately..

Good point. Aiyuk is going to be up there next year. A for missing, which GM doesn't? I'd take the 49ers drafts of the past four years over half of the NFL easily. Have to be top-10 over the time frame.
Originally posted by GEEK:

The team is one year removed from the super bowl, and both the GM and HC signed extensions. Calm yourself.

It will be a tough offseason, but they aren't dumb. They know they need to address key needs.

I think what bothers me the most is how quickly the window closed after the superbowl. I want the team to be competitive on a regular basis. What I do not want is a one hit wonder every 5 or 6 years.
I think people fail to see that we overachieved in 2019 IMO.

I think we were a lot better than what we had for talent.
Originally posted by rathman4481:

GTHeckOH

Based on what.. a 30+ IR pagued season lol
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
3 out of the 5 years, Lynch and Co have now drafted basically the #1 player @ that said position.... Kittle #1 TE, Warner #1 LB, Bosa (Could still be#1 next year) i'll give him credit for that, but they've missed on a few as well unfortunately..

Good point. Aiyuk is going to be up there next year. A for missing, which GM doesn't? I'd take the 49ers drafts of the past four years over half of the NFL easily. Have to be top-10 over the time frame.
Kinlaw has a good chance to be as well.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

GTHeckOH

I meant record wise in 2019. I don't think we were a 13-3 roster in 2019 but overachieved a bit.

its widely acknowledged that we have a top 5 roster, maybe top 3

GTHeckOH

I meant record wise in 2019. I don't think we were a 13-3 roster in 2019 but overachieved a bit.
What are you basing your opinion on ?

With an injured team this year, we kept the ship pretty steady. A healthy 2020 team would easily have more than 6 wins

GTHeckOH

With an injured team this year, we kept the ship pretty steady. A healthy 2020 team would easily have more than 6 wins

For 2019, the niners only played 5 games in the regular season against playoff teams, going 3 - 2. The first game against a playoff team they lost against seattle. They needed a 4th down play against the saints to win the other game. So really, the only dominant game against a playoff team in the regular season was the Packers game. They needed a goal line stand by inches to actually win the division against seattle because they got beat by the nasty falcons earlier. They barely beat the cardinals twice and also needed a desparate heave by jimmy g to beat the rams. Then lucked out by playing the vikings and the packers at home in the playoffs. Everything had to go right for that team last year.

I think that sums it up.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Jan 18, 2021 at 11:07 AM ]

GTHeckOH

For 2019, the niners only played 5 games in the regular season against playoff teams, going 3 - 2. The first game against a playoff team they lost against seattle. They needed a 4th down play against the saints to win the other game. So really, the only dominant game against a playoff team in the regular season was the Packers game. They needed a goal line stand by inches to actually win the division against seattle because they got beat by the nasty falcons earlier. They barely beat the cardinals twice and also needed a desparate heave by jimmy g to beat the rams. Then lucked out by playing the vikings and the packers at home in the playoffs. Everything had to go right for that team last year.

I think that sums it up.
It took some players missing, including a kicker just signed not too long before that seattle game which he missed the GW FG. Saints, an over achieving team doesn't even come close to winning a game like that. Not sure if you remember but the whole game was get the ball to Kittle show which came back to haunt them. Cards and Running QBs gave us and other teams a hard time. but we still won.

It wasn't luck no matter how you try to spin it.

if you have no basis of comparison to why we over achieved then it just trolling
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 18, 2021 at 11:21 AM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
its widely acknowledged that we have a top 5 roster, maybe top 3

Top 5 in 2019? For darn sure not in 2021.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

lol not saying no GM's ever miss, just stating some facts.
Share 49ersWebzone