There are 82 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Seems like the team will really enjoy using short term IR this year instead of just having a guy miss 1 or 2 weeks smh
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Seems like the team will really enjoy using short term IR this year instead of just having a guy miss 1 or 2 weeks smh

The whole league is using this option
Time to see if Prince Amukamara can come in and be a healthy body for us. He was recently released in Lv. He's a middle of the road guy now, but he's a vet and healthy.
And y'all just thought we would be right back in the SB this year lol
We don't deserve to get to the Super Bowl when we continue to ignore the IOL and CB positions. It's like they think those positions don't matter or something
  • jcs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 32,796
A lot of roster moves for a team that just went to the Superbowl.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Seems like the team will really enjoy using short term IR this year instead of just having a guy miss 1 or 2 weeks smh

The whole league is using this option

Yes but if any NFL team has a Miami marlins type spike (13 in one day), that team will use up all there IRs and then some. Frankly, this yr, i would like to have seen that doubled, say 6, maybe 8. It is one cute little trick to ride thru a disaster covid spike....so i am fully on board. They did some dumb things but this one...was a great idea. FTR, i am strongly in favor of keeping this as SOP in the future, even with no covid.

The loss of players has been angling up, and this would definitely help out with the injury teams....aka, 49ers.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,803
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 9moon:
STUPID SIGNING...

if you want to experiment, bring in KEVIN WHITE and see what he can do.. if he can't do crap, then move on to the next!!

Uh, how is it a stupid signing, Sanu has been a good WR up until last year with the Pats. White has proven zero in the NFL, and Sanu isn't an experiment, KS knows him, and Sanu knows the system, but In suppose your solution is Pettis, Witherspoon and a draft pick for AJ Green, who is making $17M, which we can't afford.

THERE'S always a way to afford a person... Green's talent will be all worth it.. or you and the rest of the fans here will continue to hope that Deevah and Yuck will become a SUPERSTAR..

by the way, how did the Rams all of a sudden afforded Jalen??

Where you not one of the fellas that believed the Rams where not going to afford or keep Jalen this year?
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
We don't deserve to get to the Super Bowl when we continue to ignore the IOL and CB positions. It's like they think those positions don't matter or something

And neither of those positions were really the reason we lost lol...QB play was butt. They couldn't stop a squirrel scrambling around.

Cover 3 schemes don't require spending top end draft picks (those go to lockdown man CBs). Who's the last top end pick Seattle spent on CB? Ramsey is a great CB he can play in any scheme...dude wanted to be a lockdown man corner (paid more) and that wasn't the scheme in Jax...If you're not requiring your CB to shadow or play man-to-man you don't need to pay big bucks/picks on a CB.

Go find a cover 3 CB, they're cheaper.
Originally posted by 9moon:
THERE'S always a way to afford a person... Green's talent will be all worth it.. or you and the rest of the fans here will continue to hope that Deevah and Yuck will become a SUPERSTAR..

by the way, how did the Rams all of a sudden afforded Jalen??

Where you not one of the fellas that believed the Rams where not going to afford or keep Jalen this year?

Green's not a special WR anymore, he's NOT a superstar at this point in his career...he's got a $18.7M tag and you want to trade for him

Moon if you don't understand how the cap works, you shouldn't be debating with the #1 cap guy.

Jalen signed a EXTENSION, not a new contract....there's a difference. He was already under contract in LA this yr. He had a $13M dollar cap hit with the 5th yr option...the new deal gave him a $25M dollar signing bonus (which is prorated over 5 yrs) they basically rolled his 5th yr option into that signing bonus, which actually reduced his cap his this yr by like $7.5M (which gave them a little room for Kupp). His cap hit blows up to $20M+ the next 4 seasons.

Going forward they will have little breathing room for contracts...Donald/Goff/Ramsey will account for AT LEAST $50M for the next 4 seasons ($86M next yr with a $175M cap lol WTF). You can restructure, but that's a double-edged sword. You get cap relief now, but you're guaranteeing more cash to that player down the road basically giving you less flexibly...if you're the Rams and you're unsure of Goff are you gonna restructure his contract to give him MORE gtd cash down the road (making hard to cut)?

As far as Green there's nothing to work on there, he's on the tag for over $18M, you need $18M in cap space to bring him in. He wants to be a FA and make on last big payday. You paying a 33 yr old WR who hasn't played a full season since 2017? f**k no. Not when you have younger prospects that are due money and in a cap limited yr.

Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Told ya


LOL. Big slot finally arrives. Now go get AR.

We can't afford Robinson's $10.9M salary, we only have $12.521M, and we need money for each week we elevate a player from the PS, they get a prorated portion of their would be minimum base salary, plus money to pay back several players's per game roster bonuses. Same with OBJ, just not feasible. either in 2020 or long term, we need to save money for Trent, Juice, Sherm, K'Waun, Jones, Tartt, Warner, Bosa, Deebo, McGlinchey, Mostert, and Greenlaw.

Yeah, they'd need to rework his contract but $10M isn't much at all for an automatic 1K receiver esp. one that plays outside and with his size. The bigger issue is he might want out FOR more money. If that's the case, that'd be much harder to rework. But I'm sure Sanu is their answer for "doing something" right now while hoping Deebo isn't done for the year and Aiyuk comes back and produces instantly outside. Sanu is your classic big slot and outside in the RZ.

As much as we need to find a way to get Robinson, we won't get him. Kyle think he's the one playing QB which means our QB will always be restricted to exactly what Kyle wants.

There's some guys we should be able to restructure to make room. I don't think we need much to make things happen. Maybe $2M so this should be doable.

Trent is the highest at 12.5 M this year. Wouldn't he be the easiest to move money on ?

Not sure if the Bears would even trade him but he's a good #1 WR that isn't the headache that ODB or AB would create.

We only have about $10.397M in cap room now, so any trade for a big name WR isn't feasible, we don't have the cap room, we need room for per game roster bonus pay backs, and practice squad promotions, plus we need to save room for 2021.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
We don't deserve to get to the Super Bowl when we continue to ignore the IOL and CB positions. It's like they think those positions don't matter or something

And neither of those positions were really the reason we lost lol...QB play was butt. They couldn't stop a squirrel scrambling around.

Cover 3 schemes don't require spending top end draft picks (those go to lockdown man CBs). Who's the last top end pick Seattle spent on CB? Ramsey is a great CB he can play in any scheme...dude wanted to be a lockdown man corner (paid more) and that wasn't the scheme in Jax...If you're not requiring your CB to shadow or play man-to-man you don't need to pay big bucks/picks on a CB.

Go find a cover 3 CB, they're cheaper.

What?

There was a reason Kyle excluded the WR's and relied solely on the short game like this.


He's calling an intermediate and longer developing game plan if he could trust his pass protection and receivers.

And the DB's gave up 150 yards to a player everyone in the stadium knew they'd target endlessly. Even the cardboard cutout fans knew it. The DB's also couldn't tackle either.

Yes, Garoppolo still could have erased both but both still, clearly existed and were reasons for the loss.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 17, 2020 at 6:36 AM ]
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 9moon:
STUPID SIGNING...

if you want to experiment, bring in KEVIN WHITE and see what he can do.. if he can't do crap, then move on to the next!!

Uh, how is it a stupid signing, Sanu has been a good WR up until last year with the Pats. White has proven zero in the NFL, and Sanu isn't an experiment, KS knows him, and Sanu knows the system, but In suppose your solution is Pettis, Witherspoon and a draft pick for AJ Green, who is making $17M, which we can't afford.

THERE'S always a way to afford a person... Green's talent will be all worth it.. or you and the rest of the fans here will continue to hope that Deevah and Yuck will become a SUPERSTAR..

by the way, how did the Rams all of a sudden afforded Jalen??

Where you not one of the fellas that believed the Rams where not going to afford or keep Jalen this year?

For the love of god, do you even read posts, I told people they gave Ramsey an extension and lowered his 2020 cap number, that's how.

We don't have $17M in cap room to afford AJ Green, neither should we, he's 32, his best years are likely behind him, no way I pay that guy $17M+ a year. When we need to keep our own guys in 2021. This isn't Madden where you can turn off the cap.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 55,891
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Still think they should trade Pettis for Josh Jackson...high end draft pick bust at WR high end draft pick bust at CB. Jackson needs to be in a cover 3 scheme, no Pettine's man scheme.

Would be awesome and it would help both clubs.

that trade made sense two months ago and still does today.. and i do not want to hear people say. we do not need josh jackson.. we sure as hell need someone and yes.. the team should have drafted or acquired a nice corner in the off season.. lets not pretend our secondary issues just began with these injuries
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,971
Originally posted by jcs:
A lot of roster moves for a team that just went to the Superbowl.

An unusual amount of injuries will cause that.
Share 49erswebzone