LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We need a CB1 and you can never have enough DE and OL. Easy first round choice. Just keep feeding that pass rush.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Have to lock up Warner.

This season should be the season where tough long term decisions have to be made about Ford, Alexander and Garoppolo.

Kwon and Ford need to go.

I'd probably hold on to Kwon for at least another season. Maybe ask him to take a pay cut.

I just updated my site with a new cap page for the 2021 offseason, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2021-offseason-plan/, and if the 49ers can carryover enough cap room, and get enough credits/adjustments, they may not have to restructure Dee Ford's deal. Also if the cap comes in between $195M and $198.2M, they would only really need to redo Jimmy, AA, and Ward's deals. But unfortunately, if they want to keep most of their FAs, they need to redo all 6,(Jimmy, Dee, Kwon, AA, Ward, & Richburg), cutting Richburg saves only about $2.6M, actually it's a team option, so if they pick it up, he's on the 2021 roster.

While cutting Kwon and Dee saves about $12M, while redoing their deals, if the cap is $175M, saves $20.44M, so they'd lose just over $8M in cap room, which they need to keep Trent, Juice, Sherm(If he returns to form), K'Waun, Jones, Tartt(If they decide they want him back), Jet, Bourne, Reed(1yr minimum deal), Verrett(Minimum deal), Hyder, Blair, Garland, Dwelley, Wilson, Harris, tender RFAs Mullens & Moseley, likely the 2nd rd level, but wouldn't be surprised by 1st rd tenders, I mean Taysom Hill got the 1st rd tender by NO this offseason, and he isn't anywhere near as a good a QB as Mullens is, plus tender ERFA Brunskill, also extend Warner, Mostert, and Tomlinson(If they chose to do so), also retain Coleman(If Kyle wants him back, which I think happens, Kyle loves Tevin), potentially Thomas on a 1yr deal worth just $1,127,500(may happen since John drafted him, & this was the year he hoped to break out, personally I wouldn't care either way, but I definitely feel for him, I hate anyone being hurt like that. Also they may chose to retain Sanu on a 1yr $1,127,500 deal as well, if he plays well, and Kyle wants him back to mentor the young WRs more. Plus signing the rest of the 90 man roster, like getting their practice squad signed to future/reserve deals.

So basically, hope that the cap goes up to around $195M to $198.2M, or the team will need to redo all 6 just to have enough cap room to keep the main priority FAs.
Good stuff.

I would move on or replace the following guys in terms of productivity and money:

Decide if Jimmy is the guy and if so rework the deal.
No further need for McKinnon, especially Coleman.
If Sanu stays on the cheap let Bourne walk they are essentially similar and it's time to pull the plug on Pettis.
Either rework Richburg's deal or cut him whatever is best.
Pull the plug on Solomon Thomas not enough productivity inside or on the edge.
Rework or cut Ford too much money for not being able to ever play.
Rework or move Alexander.
Move on from Sherman and be glad it worked out. It's better a tad bit early than late.
See if Tartt will take a team friendly deal if not plug in a replacement.

Obviously they should bring back Reed, T. Williams, K. Williams, and maybe Hyder. Also have keep improving the O- line, D- line and defensive backfield.
GM of the year two straight?
Have to lock up Warner.

This season should be the season where tough long term decisions have to be made about Ford, Alexander and Garoppolo.

I'd probably hold on to Kwon for at least another season. Maybe ask him to take a pay cut.

I just updated my site with a new cap page for the 2021 offseason, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2021-offseason-plan/, and if the 49ers can carryover enough cap room, and get enough credits/adjustments, they may not have to restructure Dee Ford's deal. Also if the cap comes in between $195M and $198.2M, they would only really need to redo Jimmy, AA, and Ward's deals. But unfortunately, if they want to keep most of their FAs, they need to redo all 6,(Jimmy, Dee, Kwon, AA, Ward, & Richburg), cutting Richburg saves only about $2.6M, actually it's a team option, so if they pick it up, he's on the 2021 roster.

While cutting Kwon and Dee saves about $12M, while redoing their deals, if the cap is $175M, saves $20.44M, so they'd lose just over $8M in cap room, which they need to keep Trent, Juice, Sherm(If he returns to form), K'Waun, Jones, Tartt(If they decide they want him back), Jet, Bourne, Reed(1yr minimum deal), Verrett(Minimum deal), Hyder, Blair, Garland, Dwelley, Wilson, Harris, tender RFAs Mullens & Moseley, likely the 2nd rd level, but wouldn't be surprised by 1st rd tenders, I mean Taysom Hill got the 1st rd tender by NO this offseason, and he isn't anywhere near as a good a QB as Mullens is, plus tender ERFA Brunskill, also extend Warner, Mostert, and Tomlinson(If they chose to do so), also retain Coleman(If Kyle wants him back, which I think happens, Kyle loves Tevin), potentially Thomas on a 1yr deal worth just $1,127,500(may happen since John drafted him, & this was the year he hoped to break out, personally I wouldn't care either way, but I definitely feel for him, I hate anyone being hurt like that. Also they may chose to retain Sanu on a 1yr $1,127,500 deal as well, if he plays well, and Kyle wants him back to mentor the young WRs more. Plus signing the rest of the 90 man roster, like getting their practice squad signed to future/reserve deals.

So basically, hope that the cap goes up to around $195M to $198.2M, or the team will need to redo all 6 just to have enough cap room to keep the main priority FAs.
Good stuff.

I would move on or replace the following guys in terms of productivity and money:

If Sanu stays on the cheap let Bourne walk they are essentially similar and it's time to pull the plug on Pettis.
Move on from Sherman and be glad it worked out. It's better a tad bit early than late.

Obviously they should bring back Reed, T. Williams, K. Williams, and maybe Hyder. Also have keep improving the O- line, D- line and defensive backfield.

Ford
Kwon
Richburg
Jimmy

They absolutely need to have their deals reworked. All are way overpaid.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Have to lock up Warner.

Good stuff.

Ford
Kwon
Richburg
Jimmy

Agree on the first 3, but how much do you think Jimmy will agree to?

According to over the cap his yearly salary puts him around 13th earning close to the same amount as Brissett, Tannehill and Stafford who have achieved very little.

How much of a pay cut are you expecting him to take in the current QB market?
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Have to lock up Warner.

Good stuff.

Ford
Kwon
Richburg
Jimmy

Agree on the first 3, but how much do you think Jimmy will agree to?

According to over the cap his yearly salary puts him around 13th earning close to the same amount as Brissett, Tannehill and Stafford who have achieved very little.

How much of a pay cut are you expecting him to take in the current QB market?

Yeah I don't see Jimmy taking a pay cut, not happening, he's underpaid compared to the likes of Brissett, Tannehill, and Stafford.

As for the others mentioned, On Dee/Kwon/Richburg, post June 1 cuts won't help the 49ers in 2021 since they don't get the money until June 2, they'd save $24586M by redoing them compared to $15,266,690, that's a lose of $10,593,310 in cap space, when they need that money for their own key FAs.

As for niner4ever, Jet should be retained, he's been great so far, why not bring him back when he's been so good? Tartt is well worth the money IMO, as is Bourne, Sherman. Juice should be back as well, same with K'Waun, Reed, Trent, Hyder, Blair, Garland and others.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Baalke is jealous of Lynch collecting as many or more injured players than he ever did...Trent don't like to be out done.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Baalke is jealous of Lynch collecting as many or more injured players than he ever did...Trent don't like to be out done.

Lynch has all the Injury Stones.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
now that lazard is out... lynch should call up green bay and offer pettis for josh jackson in my opinion
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Green Bay wants Pettis like Titans wanted covid

A couple weeks away from full strength to see the potential of the offense Shanny and Lynch put together
Is anyone interested in Sam Darnold being that the Jets might finish with the first pick?
Is anyone interested in Sam Darnold being that the Jets might finish with the first pick?
No, if he's an URFA then maybe
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 3, 2020 at 9:52 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Guy has an arm, can move, big upside, and a rookie contract.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Guy has an arm, can move, big upside, and a rookie contract.
there are a lot of guys like that. the special ones can help coaching. He's not one
Share 49ersWebzone